The Student Room Group

College and UCAS?

So, I dropped out of the university of Salford after I realised I didn't like what I was studying (nor do I like Salford as a place) and wasn't really sure what I wanted to do after wards. I planned on soul searching a little, thinking about my prospects. I finally figured it out: Graphic Design, so I dived into a late UCAS application. I was almost done - I applied as an independent applicant as that is what I am, yet when I went to college to find my graphics teacher in order to ask for a reference from her, I was shouted at by the equiry people there for not applying as a student from their college. I was very confused as I'm not a student there anymore... Were they right to say that? I can't get a reference now, meaning no university so... A little pissed off.
Reply 1
Original post by Judgey
So, I dropped out of the university of Salford after I realised I didn't like what I was studying (nor do I like Salford as a place) and wasn't really sure what I wanted to do after wards. I planned on soul searching a little, thinking about my prospects. I finally figured it out: Graphic Design, so I dived into a late UCAS application. I was almost done - I applied as an independent applicant as that is what I am, yet when I went to college to find my graphics teacher in order to ask for a reference from her, I was shouted at by the equiry people there for not applying as a student from their college. I was very confused as I'm not a student there anymore... Were they right to say that? I can't get a reference now, meaning no university so... A little pissed off.

it probally makes it easier for them to do your reference, but they shouldnt have shut you off like that. you can link your application to the college after you've started it, so id look to do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending