The Student Room Group

Adding qualifications to Ucas

I completed my Bachelors Degree and am currently studying a Masters Degree. After completing an Access course the college handled my application and I did not have to go through UCAS. I didn't really understand at the time that this meant I would not have UCAS points and I am still unclear on the whole process but now I am contemplating doing a PGCE and some of the requirements from other universities are to provide proof of UCAS points. My question is can I open a UCAS account and add my credits manually?
Original post by kickinkel75
I completed my Bachelors Degree and am currently studying a Masters Degree. After completing an Access course the college handled my application and I did not have to go through UCAS. I didn't really understand at the time that this meant I would not have UCAS points and I am still unclear on the whole process but now I am contemplating doing a PGCE and some of the requirements from other universities are to provide proof of UCAS points. My question is can I open a UCAS account and add my credits manually?

This sounds confusing.

After completing an Access course the college handled my application and I did not have to go through UCAS. I didn't really understand at the time that this meant I would not have UCAS points
Your UCAS points would be based on the grades you get for your Level 3 qualification e.g. A Levels, IB, BTEC, etc. This would be whatever grades you got from your Access qualification.
If you need to claculate what points you have, see the following: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator

I am contemplating doing a PGCE and some of the requirements from other universities are to provide proof of UCAS points.
As far as I know, postgrad applications requires you to apply directly yourself as opposed to using UCAS (unless things have changed).
To provide proof of the UCAS points, I would just submit a copy of your Access diploma along with your application.

My question is can I open a UCAS account and add my credits manually?
As per previous point, if you intend to do a second bachelor's, then I could see the point of opening a UCAS account. However, I don't see the point in opening an account to determine how many points/credits that you have.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending