The Student Room Group

I don't have anyone to check my Computer Science personal statement

Since September 21st, I've had a personal statement prepared for computer science at 5 universities as we were instructed to have by my college.

I've tried to give it to this "personal tutor" assigned to us (a person the college has hired who isn't a tutor and is supposed to help us with college issues, and also UCAS) however he doesn't seem interested in reading it at all.

I've chased him up 4-5 times about reading it, both in person and on message, and every time I receive the same "You are high priority" or "I'll do it this week / on Friday" and he never does.

It seems like he genuinely isn't interested and probably knows nothing about UCAS and is just some random teenager the college has hired, showed up to make some money.

As an alternative I've tried to ask both 2 of my computer science tutors who both told me "Sorry I don't have the time, ask your personal tutor, that's where they're there for"

I feel super frustrated, and as a last resort I just asked my parents and classmates to read it, and obviously, they are limited in the guidance they can give.

Is there anywhere online I can have it approved instead? Any online service or person? I wouldn't even mind paying a small fee, I just need guidance on my PS as I'm quite lost.

I'm quite determined to get my UCAS submitted this week, before the half term closure of my college, just so I can get it over with, as the rest of my UCAS including my reference is fully done.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks
Original post by uygjytgyjhf
Since September 21st, I've had a personal statement prepared for computer science at 5 universities as we were instructed to have by my college.

I've tried to give it to this "personal tutor" assigned to us (a person the college has hired who isn't a tutor and is supposed to help us with college issues, and also UCAS) however he doesn't seem interested in reading it at all.

I've chased him up 4-5 times about reading it, both in person and on message, and every time I receive the same "You are high priority" or "I'll do it this week / on Friday" and he never does.

It seems like he genuinely isn't interested and probably knows nothing about UCAS and is just some random teenager the college has hired, showed up to make some money.

As an alternative I've tried to ask both 2 of my computer science tutors who both told me "Sorry I don't have the time, ask your personal tutor, that's where they're there for"

I feel super frustrated, and as a last resort I just asked my parents and classmates to read it, and obviously, they are limited in the guidance they can give.

Is there anywhere online I can have it approved instead? Any online service or person? I wouldn't even mind paying a small fee, I just need guidance on my PS as I'm quite lost.

I'm quite determined to get my UCAS submitted this week, before the half term closure of my college, just so I can get it over with, as the rest of my UCAS including my reference is fully done.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks

It sounds like you're the perfect candidate for TSR's free Personal Statement Review service. :smile:

You can find details of the service here. (Note that there's a 10-day turnaround, which won't meet your desire to get your UCAS application submitted this week. But it will get reviewed, unlike what seems likely to happen if you rely upon your college. Waiting 10 days seems like the smart choice to me.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending