The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

east slope or lewes court?

Hey im choosing accomodation and cant decide between east slope...and lewes court...(their both very different i know!) the only thing that puts me off lewes court is that you only share a flat with four other people, whereas east slope is seen to be more social. I was also looking at Brighthelm but again you only share between 4 others. Anyone have any advice?
Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
chocoroco2
Hey im choosing accomodation and cant decide between east slope...and lewes court...(their both very different i know!) the only thing that puts me off lewes court is that you only share a flat with four other people, whereas east slope is seen to be more social. I was also looking at Brighthelm but again you only share between 4 others. Anyone have any advice?
Thanks!

Most of the lewes court flats are for 6 actually, i think. And some of the east slope ones to i think? Although there are some for 12.

The social thing really is what you make of it - in lewes court you'll be in a block with 5 other flats, so there are 30 other people in the immediate vicinity... Personally I'd go for lewes court but that's just me!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
i'd go for east slope, you'd save some money and have a wicked year at the same time. not sayin u wudnt in the other accommodations but u know, i jus think east slope is better
East slope is getting torn down...
Reply 4
Eventually...not next year, though. 2008 at the earliest.
Reply 5
oh i didnt know that!hmm still cant decide seems to be a mix response. Obviously it is what you make it so it doesnt really matter but it is interesting to compare the pros/cons.
So if your in lewes court do you mix with the other floors etc? It definately looks nicer to live in. Is east slope really the 'more social' accom. Anyone know anything about brighthelm...
hmmmm in the same position too! - looks like sussex is gona be my first choice!!! - dont really get how ure paying so much more for lewes court and even your electricity isnt included! - and as for brighthelm you have to pay for gas AND electricity as well as your weekly rent!! Im considering east slope though, does any one know whether u get a wash basin in your room there!?
thenaughtyjoker
hmmmm in the same position too! - looks like sussex is gona be my first choice!!! - dont really get how ure paying so much more for lewes court and even your electricity isnt included! - and as for brighthelm you have to pay for gas AND electricity as well as your weekly rent!! Im considering east slope though, does any one know whether u get a wash basin in your room there!?

Nope. But to be honest it's not a bit deal - there's not been one time since I got here that all of our bathrooms/toilets have been occupied and I've had to wait, and I live in a 12 person flat which is the biggest they have in East Slope.

Brighthelm is lovely :smile:
Reply 8
oh decisions decisions....yeh the price of lewes court does put me off...lewes court is very popular tho so ther must be a reason for it. What are the cons of living in east slope/lewes court to anyone who lives there?
Yeh sussex is my first choice too so hopefully see u there!
Lewes Court rooms are like swanky hotel rooms with their own bathrooms (you gotta clean it yourself though), East slope is...less like that. Imagine the difference between staying in a Youth Hostel and staying in a 3 star hotel, basically, with everything that accompanies that.

But, as we've decided before, how much you enjoy living on campus is determined almost 100% by the people you live with, and you have no control over that. So basically go for whichever room/house you would most like to live in.

Remember, though, you won't necessarily get Lewes Court. Loads of people put it as their #1 choice.
East slope have straw ceilings
!
Reply 11
electricity isn't that much - it worked out about £14 each last term. So an extra £1.40 a week.

Brighthelm are lovely, and you get your own washing machine...and balconies!

But i'd still go for lewes court :rolleyes:
Reply 12
i heard they were gonna renovate east slope and put basins in each room.
If I put down Lewes Court phase 1 as my first choice and Brighthelm as my second choice will I be likely to get one of those? How many choices do you have to put down anyway? Can anyone give a good explanation of the form u have to fill in? I know I'm only a few months off getting it, but still I'm nosey :p:
anyone have any opinions on park village or houses??

has anyone actually got forms yet?
Reply 15
The Park Houses are pretty cool. You bond with your corridor quite quickly, and it's fairly middle of the road in terms of cost / quality.
Reply 16
Hey I visited Park village today at Open day and the tour was pretty rushed but I'm pretty sure there wasn't a table (n ot in the kitchen anyway) to eat your dinner on...? Where are you supposed to eat, on the floor? I could have missed it though ...?
Reply 17
zoea85
Hey I visited Park village today at Open day and the tour was pretty rushed but I'm pretty sure there wasn't a table (n ot in the kitchen anyway) to eat your dinner on...? Where are you supposed to eat, on the floor? I could have missed it though ...?

Nope, no table, no communal area in Park Village... you eat off your knee in your room or on the floor...or if you can find a bit of worktop space you can perch on a stool...
Abbie
Nope, no table, no communal area in Park Village... you eat off your knee in your room or on the floor...or if you can find a bit of worktop space you can perch on a stool...

:eek:
Reply 19
rowsandcolumns
:eek:
I survived, it's really not that bad. I loved PV!

Jo x

Latest

Trending

Trending