The Student Room Group

Sussex Uni accommodation bathroom

I got my place at sussex uni and I'm currently applying for university owned accommodation. My concern is that if I could change a shower head for my skin which is very sensitive to hard water. I'm from Japan where water is way softer than the UK. I'm considering buying the shower head, however, it will be waste of money if the shower head of the accommodation is not replaceable.
My first choice is East Slope. But I appreciate any response from students who have lived in or currently live in university owned accommodation.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by yun1925
I got my place at sussex uni and I'm currently applying for university owned accommodation. My concern is that if I could change a shower head for my skin which is very sensitive to hard water. I'm from Japan where water is way softer than the UK. I'm considering buying the shower head, however, it will be waste of money if the shower head of the accommodation is not replaceable.
My first choice is East Slope. But I appreciate any response from students who have lived in or currently live in university owned accommodation.

Hii, unfortunately if you look at the banned section of the student handbook it says you can’t change the shower head… maybe look at things to attach to it rather than change it?
Original post by yun1925

Hi there,
I'd highly recommend getting in touch the student accommodation team to clarify whether its possible to change the shower head. If not, it may be worth (like the other poster has said) seeing if there's an alternative to replacing. You could possibly look at alternative accommodations and ask those if they would be happy with you replacing the shower head.

- Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending