The Student Room Group

Anyone doing CCEA As Geography?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JustDisturbia
Thanks so much! this really helped! i feel more encouraged now.. My teacher is very very VERY harsh with her marking also=/..I've looked at american dream,corruption of 1920s society etc etc, did you learn definitons? my teacher pushes us to define for example "corruption" at the start of our essay, but its hard to know so many definitions when its a guessing game on what could come up!:rolleyes:

We never did any of that, just a quick intro (maybe with a quote or something to make it a bit more 'intellectual' sounding) and straight into the guts of the essay. You won't have much time to faff around with things like definitions though, 1 hour to do a quick plan (which I really suggest, keeps your essay focussed), intro, a good, well argued 4-6 points and a strong conclusion to tie it all together will be tight!

Are you planning on keeping English Lit on to A2? :smile:
Original post by snailsareslimy
We never did any of that, just a quick intro (maybe with a quote or something to make it a bit more 'intellectual' sounding) and straight into the guts of the essay. You won't have much time to faff around with things like definitions though, 1 hour to do a quick plan (which I really suggest, keeps your essay focussed), intro, a good, well argued 4-6 points and a strong conclusion to tie it all together will be tight!

Are you planning on keeping English Lit on to A2? :smile:

yeah thats true, i'll keep that in mind,thanks:biggrin::biggrin:

I'm not sure, I think it may be the subject I drop, I'm not the best at it and don't like it that much..:s-smilie: but it all depends on my results on august!
yeah thats true, i'll keep that in mind,thanks:biggrin::biggrin:

I'm not sure, I think it may be the subject I drop, I'm not the best at it and don't like it that much..:s-smilie: but it all depends on my results on august!

It's a LOT better at A2, trust me (I've actually applied for English at uni!), so that's something worth considering in August! Let me know how you get on with your Geog and English exams :smile:
It's a LOT better at A2, trust me (I've actually applied for English at uni!), so that's something worth considering in August! Let me know how you get on with your Geog and English exams :smile:

Ahh really? I heard its poems written in old english..and something about women in society:s-smilie:

Will doo:biggrin::smile:
Ahh really? I heard its poems written in old english..and something about women in society:s-smilie:

Will doo:biggrin::smile:

Chaucer is fantastic, it's fairly easy to understand once you get used to it, and the questions are very easy :smile: for women in society, we did 'Jane Eyre' and 'Wide Sargasso Sea'; both books which are definitely worth a read! We also did 'The Illusionist', which is the worst written book ever, but you get an extract in the exam (so it's essentially a comprehension) and everything's so glaringly obvious, it's fairly easy :smile: 'King Lear' and 'The Burial at Thebes' were also really good to learn about too!
well justdisturbia we seem to be in the same boat here as we dont know much for this exam lol. im relying on the textbook to get me through it tbh :biggrin:
currently revising hurricanes..ughhhh :frown:
ughhh hate it all tbh hi :frown: :frown:
Revision for this little bugger starts today... I will get higher than a D this time! :angry:
currently revising hurricanes..ughhhh :frown:

This brings back fond memories of 'The Hurricane Song' on YouTube tehe *sings to self*
Revision for this little bugger starts today... I will get higher than a D this time! :angry:

good luck !! i had a revision class today:tongue:
good luck !! i had a revision class today:tongue:

How did that go? :tongue: I really do hate geography, especially because I'm still sick with the flu (actually missed an exam yesterday due to it :/ luckily it was only a resit and I had a high B anyway!)
How did that go? :tongue: I really do hate geography, especially because I'm still sick with the flu (actually missed an exam yesterday due to it :/ luckily it was only a resit and I had a high B anyway!)

Good it was for human though which is useless to me...aw that sucks feel better soon :frown: ive actually been really really sick for all my exams too :huff::eek::unimpressed:
Good it was for human though which is useless to me...aw that sucks feel better soon :frown: ive actually been really really sick for all my exams too :huff::eek::unimpressed:

I think the change in weather has made everyone sick :frown: get well soon though :smile:
I'm working through some census stuff ATM, forgot how boring it was :frown:
If you guys need any help in Unit 1 , just ask!

Are you learning advection and radiation fog? Our teacher added them to our notes but it's not on the spec. 'Precipitation' is in part a of Atmosphere but fog isn't precipitation :L

Hurricanes.. eugh.
Original post by xDanny 117
If you guys need any help in Unit 1 , just ask!

Are you learning advection and radiation fog? Our teacher added them to our notes but it's not on the spec. 'Precipitation' is in part a of Atmosphere but fog isn't precipitation :L

Hurricanes.. eugh.

if its not in the textbook then no :smile: i havent seen it so i dont think so

need all the help with unit 1 i cann get :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
danny what essays are you learning :smile:
How has everyone got on today with this? :smile:
Original post by aqagcse2011
danny what essays are you learning :smile:

For AS1:
River Management (Mississippi)
Know your land Forms for an essay (they asked it once)
Glancing over the Global Hydrological cycle in case they ask it.

Fieldwork 12 marker essay that could come up
Small scale ecosystem
Mid Latitude Grasslands

Going to ignore atmosphere unless they ask the anticyclone case study :P

My dream essays would be:
River Management
Small scale ecosystem
What sort of stuff do you reckon could be asked about our fieldwork?
Dreading it and the smaller multipart questions
12markers are more straight foward as long as you know your casestudies- unless they ask you for a landform :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending