The Student Room Group

Anyone doing CCEA As Geography?

Scroll to see replies

I have so much to re learn tomorrow :frown: I've been sick for ages and I have all of part 1, a bit of part 2 and all of the case studies to do :frown: I actually hate geography...
best of luck everyone
CCEA be kind to us
chat to yous all after the exam tomorrow!:|
very pleased with this exam:biggrin: what about everyone else?

what did yous put for the urban process:s-smilie: and the resources were maps of America?
Original post by JustDisturbia
very pleased with this exam:biggrin: what about everyone else?

what did yous put for the urban process:s-smilie: and the resources were maps of America?

Exam was pro! What essays did you guys do?

Urban process? what one was that again? hehe
Great exam!

Urban process I put down was Urbanisation but then I basically described counter urbanisation for my impact on the Rural Urban Fringe :L

Skills was a dream! What's the deal with asking two scatter graphs in one year, though?!

My essays were Dependency Ratios and the National Park Essay. I didn't want to to dependency ratios but I wasn't going near development!
Original post by xDanny 117
Great exam!

Urban process I put down was Urbanisation but then I basically described counter urbanisation for my impact on the Rural Urban Fringe :L

Skills was a dream! What's the deal with asking two scatter graphs in one year, though?!

My essays were Dependency Ratios and the National Park Essay. I didn't want to to dependency ratios but I wasn't going near development!

I did Dependency rations too! Did you just write about MEDC's (OAPs) and LEDCs (under 15 years?)
My other essay on Globalisation and Trade, it was okay... I couldn't remember much about the others because I only revised them this morning :tongue:

What figure did you get for nearest neighbour btw? Roughly :tongue:

Also does anyone know why sodding RIVERS were on it?! I was like "come on, I haven't done this in over a year -.-" tehe
Original post by snailsareslimy
I did Dependency rations too! Did you just write about MEDC's (OAPs) and LEDCs (under 15 years?)
My other essay on Globalisation and Trade, it was okay... I couldn't remember much about the others because I only revised them this morning :tongue:

Also does anyone know why sodding RIVERS were on it?! I was like "come on, I haven't done this in over a year -.-" tehe

Yeah I basically said that for the ratios!

My nearest neighbour value was 0.87 i think (significantly random)

I was surprised to see Rivers, too! Meanders! I was like "what?" but I did AS1 last week and still knew meanders off by heart so it wasn't that bad :P
Yeah I basically said that for the ratios!

My nearest neighbour value was 0.87 i think (significantly random)

I was surprised to see Rivers, too! Meanders! I was like "what?" but I did AS1 last week and still knew meanders off by heart so it wasn't that bad :P

YES! I did it right for once! So happy :tongue:
And I just said like stronger force of water, more erosion on that side as the water doesn't need to slow down as much to turn... no technical terms but should get a mark :tongue:
YES! I did it right for once! So happy :tongue:
And I just said like stronger force of water, more erosion on that side as the water doesn't need to slow down as much to turn... no technical terms but should get a mark :tongue:

Yeah you sort of have the right idea.
More erosion on the outside through hydraulic action and corrasion. More deposition on the inside due to friction slowing the river down.
You'll definitely get [1]/[3], maybe even two if the mark scheme allows it!

Finally on summer holidays now. Time to sit back, relax and anticipate August 16th. Good luck to you all ! I'll bump this thread closer to the exam to see how you got on :wink:

I did them essays too, was so pushed for time so could have probably written far more!
I know,rivers caught me off guard a bit:s

annnnnd the dreaded english exam is tomorrow:rolleyes:
I did them essays too, was so pushed for time so could have probably written far more!
I know,rivers caught me off guard a bit:s

annnnnd the dreaded english exam is tomorrow:rolleyes:

Good luck for your exam! I'm sure it'll be fine :tongue:
I wasn't too pushed but I only wrote 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 pages for the essays, I felt the paper was a lot shorter than the one I did before :s-smilie: Then also the choice of 4 essays rather than 3 when I did it, was a bit different for me!
glad exams are done and dusted! hope everyone is having a good summer so far
So... 2 days... grade boundaries tomorrow! How's the nerves guys? I'm pretty nervous tbh. Hope all your summers were good!
Reply 93
So... 2 days... grade boundaries tomorrow! How's the nerves guys? I'm pretty nervous tbh. Hope all your summers were good!

Do CCEA release grade boundaries a day early?
Original post by CD315
Do CCEA release grade boundaries a day early?

They did last year for GCSE IIRC. I'm just assuming they'll release them like OCR already have and AQA are doing tomorrow at 8am :smile:
Reply 95
They did last year for GCSE IIRC. I'm just assuming they'll release them like OCR already have and AQA are doing tomorrow at 8am :smile:

I can't find any boundaries from previous years online so I assumed they didn't!
Do CCEA actually release grade boundaries at all? I've never seen them once a day before results (and all my GCSE's and AS's were CCEA)
unit 1 has biten me in the bum-i can feel it LOL
Do CCEA actually release grade boundaries at all? I've never seen them once a day before results (and all my GCSE's and AS's were CCEA)

Hiii :biggrin: I got a B in Geo overall b in unit 1 which was my disaster unit and an A in unit 2 :biggrin: and an A IN ENGLISH LIT! im delighted :biggrin: i think our chat before the exam boosted my confidence :tongue:
Hiii :biggrin: I got a B in Geo overall b in unit 1 which was my disaster unit and an A in unit 2 :biggrin: and an A IN ENGLISH LIT! im delighted :biggrin: i think our chat before the exam boosted my confidence :tongue:

Yay! I knew you could do it! :smile: I got a B overall in Geog too (so glad to get rid of the stupid C although annoyingly I was 3UMS off an A -.-)
Got into Queens for English so I'm super pleased :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending