The Student Room Group

PE Unit G451 19th Jan 2012

I haven't seen any threads for Physical Education, so I thought I'd create one...

How did everyone find the paper?

And does anyone know the grade boundaries?
hi
yeah i've been gutted that theres been no threads!
I have to admit, i did minimal revision (this was a retake for me)
I thought it was a fair paper, decent topics which where bull****able!
Made lotta silly mistakes though - closed loop and the 2nd 10marker cant member what it was.
Think defo got a C/B I hope anyway!

How did you find it?

Last january it was 56/90 = A , 50/90 = B, 44/90 = C, 38/90 = D, 33/90 = E
Reply 2
Hello! i took the paper this afternoon, i agree the second ten marker (positive reinforcement) was dreadful, as was the second question in the exam about function of muscles in flexion of the elbow. and the visual guidance with ref to HAL. Overall a fair exam with reasons to be happy :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by MissGeorge-x

Original post by MissGeorge-x
hi
yeah i've been gutted that theres been no threads!
I have to admit, i did minimal revision (this was a retake for me)
I thought it was a fair paper, decent topics which where bull****able!
Made lotta silly mistakes though - closed loop and the 2nd 10marker cant member what it was.
Think defo got a C/B I hope anyway!

How did you find it?

Last january it was 56/90 = A , 50/90 = B, 44/90 = C, 38/90 = D, 33/90 = E

Likewise, it was a resit for me and minimal revision too. I liked the Anatomy & Physiology section a lot, it was quite nice. One of the skill acquisition q's were dead confusing to understand, but I waffled it. The essays were okay, I'm hoping I did alright. I'd love to get an A.

Best of luck :]
Reply 4
Original post by afearn5

Original post by afearn5
Hello! i took the paper this afternoon, i agree the second ten marker (positive reinforcement) was dreadful, as was the second question in the exam about function of muscles in flexion of the elbow. and the visual guidance with ref to HAL. Overall a fair exam with reasons to be happy :smile:

Surprisingly, I found the Social section much easier than last year's June 2011 paper.

Well, best of luck :]
Hey i did the exam, i thought it was ok, so annoyed i forgot to draw the graph in the catastrophe theory question but im not sure if its that crucial, also that question on diffusion of co2 in alveoli was hardd didnt know it :|
Also i thought the grade boundaries in PE was high like 80% for A and you said it was 56/90 last year thats only 62% hopefully its that low :smile: but i reckon its higher hmm...
Just got to wait and see guys
Reply 6
Original post by jamesdunford

Hey i did the exam, i thought it was ok, so annoyed i forgot to draw the graph in the catastrophe theory question but im not sure if its that crucial, also that question on diffusion of co2 in alveoli was hardd didnt know it :|
Also i thought the grade boundaries in PE was high like 80% for A and you said it was 56/90 last year thats only 62% hopefully its that low :smile: but i reckon its higher hmm...
Just got to wait and see guys

Yeah, apparently June 2011 paper; the national average on that paper was a low D, hence why this was a bit easier than last year's paper.

I didn't know we had to draw the catastrophe graph? :s-smilie:

And about that diffusion question, I waffled about partial pressure and stuff like that :/
Original post by NishaaaR
Yeah, apparently June 2011 paper; the national average on that paper was a low D, hence why this was a bit easier than last year's paper.

I didn't know we had to draw the catastrophe graph? :s-smilie:

And about that diffusion question, I waffled about partial pressure and stuff like that :/

ahh cool hopefully its as low as that this year ! :P

Well i dno if you have to draw the graph but ive just seen sometimes on markschemes that you do it but i dont think its that important :smile:

yeh that diffusion one was tricky only 3 marks though
Reply 8

ahh cool hopefully its as low as that this year ! :P

Well i dno if you have to draw the graph but ive just seen sometimes on markschemes that you do it but i dont think its that important :smile:

yeh that diffusion one was tricky only 3 marks though

Oooooh, right I was thinking for a second that I lost 6 marks due to error xP.

Good luck though :smile:
How did everyone do? x
I got 80/120... which is a C so much better than last time however i wanted a B or higher but o well ill take the C :biggrin: what bout you guys?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending