The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

The official 'Glasgow is my firm!' thread 2012!

I've called this 'official' because I've seen no other on here :O I'm about to firm Glasgow- WHO'S WITH ME!?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
MEEE :smile: although i can't confirm yet because i'm still waiting to hear from one more uni!!
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Oh damn- then I can't either! Edinburgh still haven't got back to me ggrr. I didn't know we HAD to have all our replies before we could make decisions x
Reply 3
well i'm nearly sure we do! find out from your school/college but in mine we have to wait i think that's how it works anyways :O but i will be making it my firm! x
Reply 4
I have also firmed Glasgow. Can't wait :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by AlexusWelsh1993
I've called this 'official' because I've seen no other on here :O I'm about to firm Glasgow- WHO'S WITH ME!?

Officially firmed Glasgow :smile:
Original post by ctln
Officially firmed Glasgow :smile:

YAY :smile: Still haven't done accommodation or student finance but I shall do it this week! Are you going to the applicant day? x
Reply 7
YAY :smile: Still haven't done accommodation or student finance but I shall do it this week! Are you going to the applicant day? x

I would if I could! I'm from the USA sooo it's not too easy to take a quick trip there haha. Let me know how it goes!

Which housing are you applying for?
I have firmed Glasgow a week ago. YAAAY :biggrin: Business and Management with German Language class 2012! :biggrin:

well, i still need the grades... :biggrin:
Reply 9
I firmed Glasgow couple weeks ago! Yay!!! Can't wait to start studying there :smile:
Original post by Niamh Mc D
MEEE :smile: although i can't confirm yet because i'm still waiting to hear from one more uni!!

Oh damn- then I can't either! Edinburgh still haven't got back to me ggrr. I didn't know we HAD to have all our replies before we could make decisions x

you can withdraw from any courses you still haven't heard from and then firm the one you want :smile:
Original post by Lucalinda
I firmed Glasgow couple weeks ago! Yay!!! Can't wait to start studying there :smile:

me too me too :biggrin:
what are you going to study?
Reply 12
Zoology, yourself? :biggrin:
Original post by ctln
I would if I could! I'm from the USA sooo it's not too easy to take a quick trip there haha. Let me know how it goes!

You're from the US? That's so brave!!!!! I'm guessing you're coming here because it's cheaper? :smile: I'm sure you'll love the UK. I'm applying for a large flat at Murano. I thought if I'm going to go to Uni, I might as well go all out and put myself with a load of strangers haha :P The other option was Queen Margaret Halls, where you get an en suite, but I'd rather have the money tbh!! What are you hoping to study? Are you looking forward to moving over? x
Original post by Lucalinda
Zoology, yourself? :biggrin:

Zoology? aaw so sweet I just love animals :biggrin: I guess it is a very stupid response hahah sorry, but I really do
I'm studying Business and German language :h:

Original post by ctln

woow USA! I was born in Denver :biggrin:
I think Glasgow is a great choice! Have you already applied for accommodation?
My first choice is Murano large flats :smile:
Reply 15
You're from the US? That's so brave!!!!! I'm guessing you're coming here because it's cheaper? :smile: I'm sure you'll love the UK. I'm applying for a large flat at Murano. I thought if I'm going to go to Uni, I might as well go all out and put myself with a load of strangers haha :P The other option was Queen Margaret Halls, where you get an en suite, but I'd rather have the money tbh!! What are you hoping to study? Are you looking forward to moving over? x

I am!
It's a lot cheaper in the long run. The unis I was looking at in the states are around 60,000 a year (about 38,000 pounds/yr) sooo Glasgow was SO much cheaper and when I got the unconditional I just went ahead and jumped for it.
I did QM as first choice, and Murano after. I would love the ensuite haha
I'll be studying English lit and French, but I think I'll be changing to politics and french. What are you studying?
I am so excited to make the move! But beyond nervous at the same time considering I dont know anyone in Glasgow, let alone in the country :wink: haha.
Reply 16
Original post by Annie-Bananie
Zoology? aaw so sweet I just love animals :biggrin: I guess it is a very stupid response hahah sorry, but I really do
I'm studying Business and German language :h:

woow USA! I was born in Denver :biggrin:
I think Glasgow is a great choice! Have you already applied for accommodation?
My first choice is Murano large flats :smile:

Nice! From Maryland myself - 20 minutes from Washington DC.
I applied last week, yeah. Hoping for QM and the ensuite :wink:. But after that I put Murano for the most part. :smile:
Reply 17
I firmed Glasgow 2 weeks ago:smile:Spanish and French 2012
I really hope i have made the right choice...now i need the grades:biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by ctln
Nice! From Maryland myself - 20 minutes from Washington DC.
I applied last week, yeah. Hoping for QM and the ensuite :wink:. But after that I put Murano for the most part. :smile:

I have friends in Maryland, great State :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by atticus_
I have friends in Maryland, great State :smile:

Haha, really? Maryland is so small, it's usually rare that anyone from outside the states really knows where it is, let alone knows people from the area.

Where are you from?

Quick Reply

Latest