The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Official University of Stirling Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Stirling Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Stirling.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!
Reply 1
Hi There

I've applied for 1st year doing BA/BSC undergrad in Psychology - I am currently doing an NC in social Science as I wanted to get some foundation knowledge, really looking forward to starting uni, and hoping I get in to 1st year with my HND in Sound Production with graded unit even though it was 2007.

Going on a tour of the Campus tomorrow and currently it's between Stirling and GCU for where to go in September 🙂
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Original post by grantus718
Hi There

I've applied for 1st year doing BA/BSC undergrad in Psychology - I am currently doing an NC in social Science as I wanted to get some foundation knowledge, really looking forward to starting uni, and hoping I get in to 1st year with my HND in Sound Production with graded unit even though it was 2007.

Going on a tour of the Campus tomorrow and currently it's between Stirling and GCU for where to go in September 🙂

Hi! What was the campus like if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 3
Original post by onlyangel28
Hi! What was the campus like if you don't mind me asking?

Hi There

I’m now starting this month so been a couple of times - it’s ideal as everything is within walking distance and has loads of nice land near it. Also has a fantastic gym and close enough to get on transport to Glasgow and Edinburgh
Reply 4
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Stirling Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Stirling.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

I’ve applied to Stirling for BSC criminology and sociology! I’m currently wrapping up my last year of high school studying modern studies, English and RMPS at advanced higher. Still waiting for an offer from Stirling, but it’ll be between here and Edinburgh Napier!
Hi, I'm currently studying HNC and received a conditional for History and Politics. I'm not too sure about what kind of experience I would have, does anyone know anything that would help?
Reply 6
Original post by CoffeeEnthusiast
Hi, I'm currently studying HNC and received a conditional for History and Politics. I'm not too sure about what kind of experience I would have, does anyone know anything that would help?

Hi There 😊 I’m on my second week and politics is one of my optional subjects, genuinely a really nice place and everyone supporting is really accessible - student sipport, personal tutor and a really good induction programme has helped me feel settled
Hello!

I have an chosen Stirling as my firm offer for BA Psychology and Sociology :smile:
i have a conditional for criminology and sociology, so excited !!!
Firmed law !
I applied for accommodation this morning..anyone else ?
Original post by Anonymous
I applied for accommodation this morning..anyone else ?

yep me too! it was so stressful because it didn't open right on 10 and i panicked :redface:
Original post by jean_bean
yep me too! it was so stressful because it didn't open right on 10 and i panicked :redface:

so did i 😭 i didn’t get on it until about 10 past and i panicked more
Original post by Anonymous
so did i 😭 i didn’t get on it until about 10 past and i panicked more

yes me too 🥲 i applied for the courts, what about you?
Original post by jean_bean
yes me too 🥲 i applied for the courts, what about you?

yes i applied for fraser of allander, alexander court, polwarth, andrew stewart, then willow and juniper court, i didn’t realise it was 6 we had to apply for, i liked willow and juniper but it’s too expensive for me 😭 but it wouldn’t let me continue the application without having 6
I applied for Andrew Stewart hall then Fraser / Alexander/ hoping to get my first choice the courts are nice but too pricey for me

Quick Reply

Latest