The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

The official 'Glasgow is my firm!' thread 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ctln
Haha, really? Maryland is so small, it's usually rare that anyone from outside the states really knows where it is, let alone knows people from the area.

Where are you from?

I have friends in Baltimore, Caitlin Hanratty, one of them actually moved to California to do 3D animation (an avatar junkie I suppose) :smile:

From the EU myself (let's leave it at that, cause it's a sensitive matter right now :smile: )
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 21
Just checked the Riverside Museum in Glasgow, so amazing :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by atticus_
I have friends in Baltimore, Caitlin Hanratty, one of them actually moved to California to do 3D animation (an avatar junkie I suppose) :smile:

From the EU myself (let's leave it at that, cause it's a sensitive matter right now :smile: )

Saw my facebook post I assume? Otherwise I'm a tad concerned at how you've learned my full name haha :wink:
Reply 23
Original post by ctln
Saw my facebook post I assume? Otherwise I'm a tad concerned at how you've learned my full name haha :wink:

Haha, don't worry I am not CIA/FBI, just checked your Twitter account (it's actually on your TSR page :smile: )
Reply 24
Haha, don't worry I am not CIA/FBI, just checked your Twitter account (it's actually on your TSR page :smile: )

Totally forgot I put that up there. Good to know I don't have the gov after me :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by ctln
Totally forgot I put that up there. Good to know I don't have the gov after me :smile:

Well, you might have the gov after you, since you're moving to the UK, instead of paying the wonderful US tuition fees :smile: it's a bit suspicious :smile:
Reply 26
Well, you might have the gov after you, since you're moving to the UK, instead of paying the wonderful US tuition fees :smile: it's a bit suspicious :smile:

Very true. guess I'll have to think of a good cover up haha
Reply 27
Yay just firmed Glasgow with Aberdeen insurance
I'm so excited has anyone else gone for Queen Margaret? :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by ctln
Very true. guess I'll have to think of a good cover up haha

Or you can come up with a Scottish accent and deny ever living in the US :smile: Back in 2004, I got into Allegheny College, but didn't get a full scholarship so I didn't go
Reply 29
Original post by galatulip
Yay just firmed Glasgow with Aberdeen insurance
I'm so excited has anyone else gone for Queen Margaret? :smile:

What are you going to study?
I applied last week- first choice was QM. No idea if I have a chance at getting it though. I hear it fills up so quickly?
Reply 30
Or you can come up with a Scottish accent and deny ever living in the US :smile: Back in 2004, I got into Allegheny College, but didn't get a full scholarship so I didn't go

Haha, I'll be thoroughly impressed with myself when I grow to easily understand the Scottish accent/slang, let alone come up with one.

In PA yeah? That's a bummer that you couldn't go.
Reply 31
Original post by ctln
What are you going to study?
I applied last week- first choice was QM. No idea if I have a chance at getting it though. I hear it fills up so quickly?

Yeah really hope i get it like :/
I've applied for Zoology, you?
Has anyone done student finance yet?
Original post by ctln
Haha, really? Maryland is so small, it's usually rare that anyone from outside the states really knows where it is, let alone knows people from the area.

Where are you from?

Isn't Maryland where The Blair Witch is based?! hahaha!!!
Reply 33
Original post by ctln
Haha, I'll be thoroughly impressed with myself when I grow to easily understand the Scottish accent/slang, let alone come up with one.

In PA yeah? That's a bummer that you couldn't go.

Yeah in PA, they even sent me their "leadership application" and asked me for my nickname :smile: So if your nickname is for instance "The Mailman", Allegheny would contact you by writing "Dear Mailman", thank you for... xD
Reply 34
Original post by AlexusWelsh1993

Yeah, I think the village/town was called Burkittsville and it's in Maryland :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by AlexusWelsh1993

Haha yeah, probably one of the few things we can pride ourselves on
Reply 36
I firmed Glasgow just a couple of minutes ago! Happy now. :}
Reply 37
Should I go to Glasgow or Edinburgh!? I don't know!!
Reply 38
I vote Glasgow! But guess you have to consider it a bit, maybe note down the pluses and minuses of both courses/unis/cities?
Reply 39
Got my offer for 2nd year Zoology and firmed it. Woo!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending