The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA4 18th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joshadams
People doing media any guesses about what you think might come up?? Im thinking maybe cognitive dissonance etc and celeb attraction?

Cognitive dissonnance has been removed from the spec.
Reply 1381
Are we likely to get asked to write an essay on one psychological explanation of SZ????
Original post by amber :)
Reductionist - assumes we cannot take both the central and peripheral route at the same time.
Petty & Cacioppo suggest they can be processed at the same time and overlap one another - When evaluating a message you may be deeply thinking about and scrutinising the content of the message, while also looking at the speaker and questioning whether they LOOK reliable etc.

wow thanks :smile:
Reply 1383
Original post by freddy
Are we likely to get asked to write an essay on one psychological explanation of SZ????

i dont think so - schizo questions tend to be 24 markers
Original post by 19941994
Ah yeah thats what i thought, so do you know what is included in theory constructing, if its not popper? And thank you! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

theory constructing is the induction and deduction models, not sure who created them though..
I have a major sociology exam THE DAY AFTER THIS. (WHY GOD WHY) :frown:
Reply 1386
PREDICTIONS PLEASE

FOR:
SCHIZOPHRENIA
ADDICTION
RESEARCH METHODS

I have a few ideas

SCHIZO - COMPARE AND CONTRAST
ADDICTION - COGNITIVE
RESEARCH METHODS - CONSENT FORM
Original post by dione
PREDICTIONS PLEASE

FOR:
SCHIZOPHRENIA
ADDICTION
RESEARCH METHODS

I have a few ideas

ADDICTION - COGNITIVE

Schizophrenia: Compare and contrast what?? Most people seem to think it will be therapies for schizophrenia
Original post by NerdyMcNerdNerd
Schizophrenia: Compare and contrast what?? Most people seem to think it will be therapies for schizophrenia

I think she means a question such as "Compare biological therapies with psychological therapies in treating schizophrenia"
Reply 1389
ehk scared. anyone making a prediction on what may come up for depression ?
Original post by dione
PREDICTIONS PLEASE

FOR:
SCHIZOPHRENIA
ADDICTION
RESEARCH METHODS

I have a few ideas

ADDICTION - COGNITIVE

Original post by swiftylol
I think she means a question such as "Compare biological therapies with psychological therapies in treating schizophrenia"

Compare and contrast questions have been removed - they wont come up.

This was confirmed by Cara Flanagan - the writer of the complete companion books.

I posted a link to her actual reply on her blog as I asked her this question and she says compare and contrast questions were on the old syllubus or something.

Edit: Link to her response found : http://www.oxfordschoolblogs.co.uk/psychcompanion/blog/community/topic/psya4-help/page/2/#post-2483
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi everyone

In case anyone needs some extra notes, I have some on my website for Unit 4, specifically on Schizophrenia, Depression, Addiction, and Anomalistic psychology (and a guide through for a past research methods paper)

Good luck!

http://brain-freeze.co.uk/psychologya2notes.html
Original post by adamned
Hi everyone

In case anyone needs some extra notes, I have some on my website for Unit 4, specifically on Schizophrenia, Depression, Addiction, and Anomalistic psychology (and a guide through for a past research methods paper)

Good luck!

Thank you

Original post by Mephestic
Compare and contrast questions have been removed - they wont come up.

This was confirmed by Cara Flanagan - the writer of the complete companion books.

I posted a link to her actual reply on her blog as I asked her this question and she says compare and contrast questions were on the old syllubus or something.

Edit: Link to her response found : http://www.oxfordschoolblogs.co.uk/psychcompanion/blog/community/topic/psya4-help/page/2/#post-2483

Noticed you asked about using behavioural explanations and therapies on the blog,

Are you still planning on using them? I have the exact same dilemma and don't know if i should just learn another type of therapy i.e psychodynamic in case the examiners don't really take behavioural seriously. What do you think?
Reply 1394
Original post by 19941994
I think paliative, the opposite is curative which cures it

Thank you! :smile:

Doing anomalistic, depression and research methods :smile:

Definitely need to work on my research methods technique, that's what lost me my marks the last time I did this exam :s
Reply 1396
Original post by Harrimusic
theory constructing is the induction and deduction models, not sure who created them though..

Oh right, i dont think there are any researchers for those. Cant we still mention Popper though? Because he preferred the deductive approach and devised his own model? The spec needs to be more detailed ah :s-smilie:

Original post by Jem_x
Thank-you, that will be one to cross off the list then ... obviously I will revise it a bit but not massively!!

Also, does anyone know how many issues of classification and diagnosis we actually need to know because I have notes on 11 with supporting evidence etc ... is about 5 more appropriate?! x

fist sorry for negative click,

but if you like i have the aqa exam companion which has a few essay plans that could help with what is needed?
Reply 1398
Original post by adamned
Hi everyone

Good luck!

Thank you :biggrin:

Original post by swiftylol
Noticed you asked about using behavioural explanations and therapies on the blog,

Are you still planning on using them? I have the exact same dilemma and don't know if i should just learn another type of therapy i.e psychodynamic in case the examiners don't really take behavioural seriously. What do you think?

yeah I still plan to use it, I checked the spec and it is accepted but it seems like its not commonly used by people for either explanations or treatment which is odd as its the easiest to explain and then tear apart and criticise.

What about you?

This was sent from Mephestics Galaxy Far far away..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending