The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA4 18th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by charlypennington
I seriously hate Addiction with a passion! Although I much prefer the way the questions are broken down :smile:

I think I will do research methods first as I tend to get that done quite quickly so I can give myself plenty of time for Schizophrenia and Addiction.

Any predictions for Schizophrenia and Addiction?

Sz: psychological treatments/approaches to sz.

What are your psychological treatments and approaches? Think mine may be too fague :/
Reply 1581
Original post by narnia123
lol great! i actually hope this does come up now, thanks again :smile:

If this comes up, the chances of a method/results section are low, right?

What would the final 10 marker be on then? :s
Reply 1582
Original post by Charley_Lucy
TPB? :smile:

Thanks.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Theory of Planned Behaviour.
Original post by Jess9
If this comes up, the chances of a method/results section are low, right?

What would the final 10 marker be on then? :s

yeah the last time a consent form came up was June 2010 i think
That year there was no long 10/12 marker at the end just more shorter questions!
Dont know if that would be a good thing or not, what do u think?
Reply 1584
Original post by charlypennington
I seriously hate Addiction with a passion! Although I much prefer the way the questions are broken down :smile:

I think I will do research methods first as I tend to get that done quite quickly so I can give myself plenty of time for Schizophrenia and Addiction.

Any predictions for Schizophrenia and Addiction?

Sz: psychological treatments/approaches to sz.

What are your psychological treatments and approaches? Think mine may be too fague :/
Reply 1585
I know a lot of people did this in January. Is this your first attempt doing it or a resit?

It is my first attempt as I have different teachers for each side. If it is a resit for most people, surely the grade boundaries should be lower, as the ones who generally resit got E, D, U?
Reply 1586
yeah the last time a consent form came up was June 2010 i think
That year there was no long 10/12 marker at the end just more shorter questions!
Dont know if that would be a good thing or not, what do u think?

Think it would be better if there was a do-able 10 mark question, as they are generally just practising what has been said on past mark schemes.

If there isn't one, it means the marks will obviously be split across all of the other questions, which means you will generally have to know more about alot of other stuff!
That's a good idea actually, doing research methods first might put you in a more positive frame of mind going into the dreaded Psychology in Action questions :tongue:

Hey, it might put you in a good frame of mind, but it might be better to start with an essay question cause youll've planned it and know exactly what you're going to write so you'll be able to get it down almost without thinking.

I reckon if you do an essay first you'll get into the swing of the exam quicker and you'll have more time on the other two sections
But that's just me putting my view out there :biggrin:
Anybody know if we were asked to discuss issues surrounding the diagnosis and classification of schizophrenia what AO3 points would you make? :smile:
Heres a research methods booklet to work with - use the past mark schemes to cross compare the answers :smile:
Reply 1590
Original post by abiicoles
Anybody know if we were asked to discuss issues surrounding the diagnosis and classification of schizophrenia what AO3 points would you make? :smile:

- Hollistic - One of them has different parts to it which look at a range of things e.g. brain injury, social interactions - think it was the DSM

That's all I can think of.... :frown:
Original post by 19941994
I hope so too! What treatments would you disuss if that was the question? Also, does she think it will be a 24 marker or split with another question? Like classification and diagnosis

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Well since she said it was probs gonna be bio treatments i did a practise essay and she gave me 20/24, this is a rough plan of my essay :smile:
Also, she just thinks it will be a 24 marker just on bio treatments!

What is schizophrenia?Bio treatments are influenced by the medical model
Psycho surgery - problems with it e.g cognitive impairment , side effects worse than schizo? & ECT!
Typical drugs such as chlorpromazine - effects /side effects
Atypical drugs - effects
You basically have to talk about effectivenesss and appropriateness of drugs the whole way through the essay!
Predictions for Anomalistic and Research Methods Anyone?
Original post by Jess9
Think it would be better if there was a do-able 10 mark question, as they are generally just practising what has been said on past mark schemes.

If there isn't one, it means the marks will obviously be split across all of the other questions, which means you will generally have to know more about alot of other stuff!

yeah, maybe it would be better just to stick with the ten marker, because there's a lot of nasty questions they could ask if they had to split the ten down into smaller markers!

Original post by RachelM94
Hey, it might put you in a good frame of mind, but it might be better to start with an essay question cause youll've planned it and know exactly what you're going to write so you'll be able to get it down almost without thinking.

I reckon if you do an essay first you'll get into the swing of the exam quicker and you'll have more time on the other two sections
But that's just me putting my view out there :biggrin:

yeah that's true too, you don't want to end up forgetting a few important essay points..tbh i'll probably panic and just do them in the order they come
Original post by Jess9
- Hollistic - One of them has different parts to it which look at a range of things e.g. brain injury, social interactions - think it was the DSM

we had to plan an essay an I found it so difficult because it isn't a specific approach so its hard to criticise in terms of synoptic points! I think its only ever been asked once aswell so could come up!:frown:
Predictions for Media and OCD??
Reply 1596
Original post by Jess9

i did the paper in jan and it was on reliability and validity issues. i got my paper back and only got 13 on the essay. i relised i hardly put any synoptic points in etc but theres actually not alot i can think of :/

hope biological therapies come up.

predictions for addiction anyone?
Reply 1597
im resitting this exam from jan so im going to cram my revision for 4 days.

could anyone tell me their predictions for addiction?? kinda don't wanna learn it all so would be greatful if predictions for addiction :smile:

thanks!
Original post by rosey76
i did the paper in jan and it was on reliability and validity issues. i got my paper back and only got 13 on the essay. i relised i hardly put any synoptic points in etc but theres actually not alot i can think of :/

hope biological therapies come up.

predictions for addiction anyone?

that's what I did in a mock, but its so difficult because there really aren't many that you can relate to it!
Not a clue but i hope its vulnerability factors!
Reply 1599
Original post by abiicoles
we had to plan an essay an I found it so difficult because it isn't a specific approach so its hard to criticise in terms of synoptic points! I think its only ever been asked once aswell so could come up!:frown:

Yeah seems it, then again - there are topics that haven't come up before.

But you don't need IDA A03 for this exam. It gets you marks, but not essential for the top grade boundary things. So more A02 points would be sufficient. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending