The Student Room Group
I think it stays at the £15k, you're expected to inform them & provide proof of what you're earning so I'd assume if you never hit £15k they wouldn't come looking for you.

Open to correction tho!
Reply 2
Cool, can anyone confirm?
Yep, if you earn over the threshold, even though you're out of the UK, you still have to send payments back.

If you never earn over the threshold (either here or abroad), then you never pay back - the account remains open and keeps racking up interest, but it gets cancelled when you hit 65 (or I think after 20 years from graduation - but not too sure on that).
Ideal if you're a woman and get married and never work. :laugh:
Reply 5
Kingspharm
Yep, if you earn over the threshold, even though you're out of the UK, you still have to send payments back.

If you never earn over the threshold (either here or abroad), then you never pay back - the account remains open and keeps racking up interest, but it gets cancelled when you hit 65 (or I think after 20 years from graduation - but not too sure on that).

Sounds good apart from the bit about interest still racking up!

So if i do ever move to Spain then my student loan could come in rather handy :wink:

Off topic - :rofl: @ your encounter with Ninman :p:
Reply 6
Kingspharm

25 years I think.................

Latest

Trending

Trending