The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2940
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Does making to do lists work for anyone? Considering attempting it but scared I'll just end up disappointed by the end of the day.

OMG yes. I can't do anything without a to do list. Try making one in bed in the morning (or afternoon in my case....:colondollar:) Put things on it like: get up, eat, wash, tidy room, 5 small productive things (break) 5 small productive things (break), cup of tea, telly

Don't feel you need to get everything on it done. Mine are only ever about half completed. Just realise this is normal and carry them over to the next day x
Original post by rmhumphries
Gah :tongue: Come to a BUTBA event and I will do better. Last week back at normal bowling, hit like 10-15 pins higher average than I did in BUCS ><

I kept looking at you to see if you ever looked at me, but you were too busy bowling :moon:

Shame, we don't make it past the first round of BUTBA lmao. Yeah, I'm better normally than at tournaments.

When I'm concentrating on something that's me zoned out. My last ever BUCS as well, sad times. :moon:
Original post by Crazy Paving
Shame, we don't make it past the first round of BUTBA lmao. Yeah, I'm better normally than at tournaments.

When I'm concentrating on something that's me zoned out. My last ever BUCS as well, sad times. :moon:

We didn't in the Cup either >< However you can come to order of merit events :tongue: Sheffield Quads still has places!
Original post by Nut.

That sounds like a good idea!

I find sticking a couple of self-care tasks on there can help too (I plucked my eyebrows this morning :woo: :sexface:.)

I really need to sort out my eyebrows. I don't trust myself with tweezers but I really need to stop looking like I've been attacked by caterpillars.
Original post by rmhumphries

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just got my nipple pierced, YAY! Turning self-mutilation urges into body-mod, YAY!

How is everyone today? :smile:
I really need to sort out my eyebrows. I don't trust myself with tweezers but I really need to stop looking like I've been attacked by caterpillars.

Could get them threaded? There are little stalls and salons all over shopping centres, it's really cheap and lasts a while. Then you can just pluck out the odd hair now and then as necessary.
I've been up since 11am, had a really good nights sleep and woke up well rested but all I've done today is eat, drink, smoke (:colondollar:), half an hour of reading and shower. :/

I was meant to be going to my friends experiment after my lecture but I've skipped the lecture and now I don't want to go to the experiment :frown:
Original post by Anonymous

Glad it was ok, family occasions can feel a little awkward sometimes.

Caught a cold, was trying so hard not to keep coughing in my lecture that tears were coming down my face. :redface:
The lecturer handed my work back to me and sort of said my name nicely. Made me think it's less likely that he actually hates me. Even though I had no evidence for him hating me in the first place and he's lovely. Think just I'm addicted to torturing myself. :redface:
Going to just try to do some light work today (that can be done from bed :awesome: ). Really hope I don't get a coughing fit tomorrow in the lecture with only 12 people, that will be embarressing.

Can sympathise with that, it's awful! Hope your cold clears up soon.
See! He doesn't hate you. Although I can relate to that too, forever over-analysing how people speak and act towards me. :mmm:
Hope the work is going well. :hugs:

Feeling low today but I went to asda with my mum earlier and realised Doritos were 2 for £2, it's the most excited I've been in months :tongue: It doesn't make sense though, I complain about my weight and go and gorge myself on things like that.
Seeing my grandad in hospital later, hopefully he won't be in for much longer. He's just waiting on the results of a brain scan.

Spoiler

Original post by angelbones
Could get them threaded? There are little stalls and salons all over shopping centres, it's really cheap and lasts a while. Then you can just pluck out the odd hair now and then as necessary.

I'm always too shy to do it. I know I should - with tweezers I'll start going loopy and pulling out all of the hairs. Just need to build up the confidence to take myself to have somebody stare at my ridiculous eyebrows.

They're quite light so I get away with it so I don't look crazy but they're not pretty or anything.
I'm always too shy to do it. I know I should - with tweezers I'll start going loopy and pulling out all of the hairs. Just need to build up the confidence to take myself to have somebody stare at my ridiculous eyebrows.

They're quite light so I get away with it so I don't look crazy but they're not pretty or anything.

Ah, I understand.
Perhaps a friend could be nice enough to do them for you?
Just submitted the first piece of coursework (and on time!) since November. Still don't think I'll be able to complete the year but feeling quite proud of myself at the moment.

Hope everyone is doing ok :hugs:
Original post by angelbones
Ah, I understand.Perhaps a friend could be nice enough to do them for you?

All my friends at boys so they'd probably take my eyeballs out or something. Girlfriend is more useless than I am about eyebrows - hers are naturally pretty so she doesn't have to faff with shape and everything.

Original post by Noodlzzz
Just submitted the first piece of coursework (and on time!) since November. Still don't think I'll be able to complete the year but feeling quite proud of myself at the moment.Hope everyone is doing ok :hugs:

:five:
I'm having a super productive day too :biggrin:

Just had feedback from the group interview for the summer school job that I was rejected for.

Only thing that let me down was confidence. How do I even fix that? I thought I was doing really well and being super articulate. I just had the issue of being with somebody that was so loud nobody else could compete. I think it's knocked me back a little.
Reply 2952
What an awful day.... I got up some courage and tried to be more active with my class m8s. Big mistake... The only time they want to talk to me is when the assignments are due... then Im their new best friend...

Whats the point of reaching out to people if they are just users and back stabbers.

Sorry for the rant.
It's a place that offers advice and support to students about different issues. I think that every uni has one, strange that's it's not on the uni website. I would try asking in the library or asking your advisor where it's located, then you can just go in and ask for an appointment.
Sorry your having to wait for counselling, must feel frustrated at the minute.

I'll try and ask around when I next go into uni which is probably Wednesday now. Another lecture missed today. I did email my diss tutor about my situation and she's been quite nice and not pressuring me too much over it but gave me a deadline in which to send her whatever work is done.

Hoping that might help spur me on to do something productive.
Does making to do lists work for anyone? Considering attempting it but scared I'll just end up disappointed by the end of the day.

I found lists almost always helped, and even when I was having a really craply nonfunctional day, if I wrote a list I did at least more than I would if I hadn't written one, even though I never completed them those days :smile:

Only thing they tend to do is make the guilty feeling a lot worse when you don't do everything, because you can see this lists and feel even worse, but that's just with me and only happened perhaps 50% of the time :yep:

Original post by Alofleicester
Well, I've stopped being a coward long enough to call and organise a counselling session like my GP advised, on Wednesday morning.

Anyone mind telling me what sort of thing I should be expecting?

Well done! So proud of you seriously :jumphug:

Its not too bad honestly, they just ask you why you're there, how you've been feeling, your symptoms and the severity of them. Make sure you tell he/she all your symptoms and be honest don't leave anything out so they can better help. You'll probably then be asked to fill out several forms of a diagnostic type test and he/she will have your overall score to say whether you have depression and how severe and if you should be prescribed AD's. Hope this helped :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Noodlzzz
Just submitted the first piece of coursework (and on time!) since November. Still don't think I'll be able to complete the year but feeling quite proud of myself at the moment.Hope everyone is doing ok :hugs:

:woo: Well done! :woo:
Can sympathise with that, it's awful! Hope your cold clears up soon.
See! He doesn't hate you. Although I can relate to that too, forever over-analysing how people speak and act towards me. :mmm:
Hope the work is going well. :hugs:

Feeling low today but I went to asda with my mum earlier and realised Doritos were 2 for £2, it's the most excited I've been in months :tongue: It doesn't make sense though, I complain about my weight and go and gorge myself on things like that.
Seeing my grandad in hospital later, hopefully he won't be in for much longer. He's just waiting on the results of a brain scan.

Spoiler

Thanks, might take a flask of tea with me tomorrow as well as some water. I might look slightly strange, but I'm sure I do anyway so....:tongue:
Would be great if we could just switch it off and stop worrying all the time wouldn't it. :daydreaming:
It's going ok, looked up a few things I didn't know how to do and just reading a book I got for the hard module, taking it easy. :tea:

Hope your day picks up! I would be excited too, it can't be helped! :tongue:
Hope you have a lovely visit and the results come back fine. :hugs:

Spoiler

Original post by charla
I'll try and ask around when I next go into uni which is probably Wednesday now. Another lecture missed today. I did email my diss tutor about my situation and she's been quite nice and not pressuring me too much over it but gave me a deadline in which to send her whatever work is done.

Hoping that might help spur me on to do something productive.

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by ViceVersa

Its not too bad honestly, they just ask you why you're there, how you've been feeling, your symptoms and the severity of them. Make sure you tell he/she all your symptoms and be honest don't leave anything out so they can better help. You'll ribald be asked to fill out several forms of a diagnostic type test and he/she will have your overall score to say whether you have depression and how severe and if you should be prescribed AD's. Hope this helped :smile:

:mmm:

Spoiler

:tongue:
:mmm:

Spoiler

:tongue:

Oops, typo :teehee: I'm very tired today :tongue:
Go on ex's facebook and hate yourself because you realised you lost the one good thing in your life :frown: I'm so ****ing pathetic.

Spoiler

I think I fell asleep :woo:

Had the craziest dream, I was in a bed trying to get out of it and everytime I unstuck one limb the other 3 remained stuck. My vision was blurry and my thumb and little finger were the wrong way round when I looked to see how many fingers I was holding up. When I finally got unstuck I was awake. So on one hand a totally unrefreshing, quite scary actually dream, on the other it was about 40minutes of sleep omfg sleep haven't seen that in god knows how long.

Latest