The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 35mm_
Thanks for that. Do they offer any kinds of therapy there? Are staff based there 24/7? Or is it just like floating support?

Excuse all my questions.

Not at all, ask anything you like!

Yes, staff is 24/7 and you do get checks but they're every 2/3 hours which is a lot nicer than hospital.

Yes therapy is offered. At the one I was at it was connected to the day hospital so had activities from 10-3 inc. group therapy, art therapy etc. But I refused to go to that as groups just really aren't my thing. But the staff are there to talk to and I often made use of that and talked to someone on my own most days. Dependent on the service you may be offered a psychologist to talk to etc. Where I was at it was linked with the crisis team so they would come and see you every 3 days for med review and general crisis team shiz.
Can I PM somebody a letter i've written to my psychiatrist and see if it makes sense?
Original post by 35mm_
Can I PM somebody a letter i've written to my psychiatrist and see if it makes sense?

Sure :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by Noodlzzz
Not at all, ask anything you like!

Yes, staff is 24/7 and you do get checks but they're every 2/3 hours which is a lot nicer than hospital.

Yes therapy is offered. At the one I was at it was connected to the day hospital so had activities from 10-3 inc. group therapy, art therapy etc. But I refused to go to that as groups just really aren't my thing. But the staff are there to talk to and I often made use of that and talked to someone on my own most days. Dependent on the service you may be offered a psychologist to talk to etc. Where I was at it was linked with the crisis team so they would come and see you every 3 days for med review and general crisis team shiz.

Okay, thanks. That actually sounds like the perfect option for me right now.
Original post by Anonymous

Spoiler

Could you talk to your GP? You can usually get an appointment the same day you ask.
Reply 3246
Has anyone heard of st johns wort pills? how are they?
Original post by 35mm_
Could you talk to your GP? You can usually get an appointment the same day you ask.

Really? I've had this appointment date for about 5 weeks now and they know about the suicidal thoughts and everything. Would they really be able to fit me in just like that?
Original post by 35mm_
I guess it could be considered an overdose, but i've been on diazepam on and off for years now so it doesn't really hit me anymore.

I'll take you up on that offer. What exactly do the EIT do?

Basically they see you intensively. Or at least that's the theory. You get given a key worker who you can contact about anything during office hours, you also get given a psychiatrist who'll see you it can be pretty often, I was getting seen weekly at one point for quite a while. Then depending on what you need they can do other stuff like have a psychologist see you, an occupational therapist, a load of other people with important sounding titles, all with like intensive therapy and stuff (doesn't always work that way though....didn't for me). They also often do group stuff with patients so you're not stuck at home, my one played soccer every 2 weeks which was really good fun and my key worker would take me out for milkshake and a chat once a week too. Basically they, in theory, offer a lot of support which CMHT generally can't offer due to lack of funds/staff/etc. Hmmm, can't think of anything else but if you've got any other questions, ask away.
Really? I've had this appointment date for about 5 weeks now and they know about the suicidal thoughts and everything. Would they really be able to fit me in just like that?

Well I'm only talking from personal experience. Your GP surgery might be completely different from mine, but on Monday I called up and asked for an appointment that same day and I got one.
Original post by 4TSR
Has anyone heard of st johns wort pills? how are they?

I've heard of them, apparently good for mild depression but for anything more than mild they're not proven to be effective. Also interact with a lot of other drugs so if you're going to give them a go and you're on something else you should talk to a pharmacist first.
Original post by 35mm_
Well I'm only talking from personal experience. Your GP surgery might be completely different from mine, but on Monday I called up and asked for an appointment that same day and I got one.

I meant an appointment with CAMHS, not my GP, sorry. There are ridiculous waiting lists at CAMHS where I live.
i love all you guys :suith:

omg i feel sooooooo ****in good today. meep
I meant an appointment with CAMHS, not my GP, sorry. There are ridiculous waiting lists at CAMHS where I live.

If you speak to your GP and stress how much you're struggling she/he may be able to push the date forward.
Original post by littleshambles
i love all you guys :suith:

omg i feel sooooooo ****in good today. meep

haha, riiiiight. :unsure:

I'm glad you feel good :smile:
Original post by Sabertooth
haha, riiiiight. :unsure:

I'm glad you feel good :smile:

lol its bad tho :ninja: i just texted my friend to ask if he'd keep me company to keep me out of trouble #insight
Original post by 35mm_
If you speak to your GP and stress how much you're struggling she/he may be able to push the date forward.

I'm not sure, I think my appointment at CAMHS is already an urgent referral. If they're that busy then there's nothing that can be done.
I always feel worse when we're off school anyway, hopefully I'll feel a bit better when I'm back on Monday.
Original post by littleshambles
lol its bad tho :ninja: i just texted my friend to ask if he'd keep me company to keep me out of trouble #insight

Hmmm...problem. Play a video game?
Hmmm...problem. Play a video game?

i really wanna go outside cos it's so nice and then i'll eat dinner :biggrin: but then i'll go straight back home i SWEAR :teehee:
aw man, wow that really sucks, hopefully it'll work out well for you and you'll be ok :hugs:

thanks :h: basically gonna have to redo 2nd year at Uni and will be at home now till October at least :erm: not fun but not sure what else I can do really, definitely not well enough to do much at the moment and gotta rest for at least 2 months before can do anything really (according to doctors)

Latest