The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alofleicester
:console: - did it have to be over turnitin or whatever the program is called? Could you not talk to them and see if they can give you a slight extension for that - not your fault if the internet wasn't working.

Over my school's unix system :frown: I emailed to say I was having problems but I could still lose 5% which, I know is nothing, but I tried so hard :frown:
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Over my school's unix system :frown: I emailed to say I was having problems but I could still lose 5% which, I know is nothing, but I tried so hard :frown:

Hmm, how late were you? A small hope, but before I submitted work about 30 minutes late due to something or the other, and didn't lose any marks because of it.
GP tried to make me go to hospital, um hell no.

Oh and she said I needed an advocate who could call an ambulance if my mental health deteriorates. Not sure how to start that conversation with a friend: 'If I start running around in my underwear and a tin foil hat yelling sparta, could you do me a massive favour? :rofl:
Original post by bullettheory
It's split into 2 bits - the individual work where you work with your therapist looking at any "bad behaviours" that occur in the week, and a lot of other stuff (I've only just started so I don't know much!) and then you do groups where you learn skills which are mindfulness, interpersonal skills, distress tolerance and emotional management. Apparently every DBT includes groups, but the NHS probably love the fact it is in groups :tongue:

Ah right, thanks, learn something new every day.

Good luck with that. I did a mindfulness group once, what a load of **** that was. :tongue: But maybe it'll work for you.
Going on what I think is a date in about 2 hours. Absolutely terrified.
I made crispy cakes for my band, I made 12 - but my house-mates went behind my back and stole 2 of them. They didn't ask, and it was really obvious that they were gone as they were in trays. So i'm a bit peeved at them
Original post by lanky2610
I made crispy cakes for my band, I made 12 - but my house-mates went behind my back and stole 2 of them. They didn't ask, and it was really obvious that they were gone as they were in trays. So i'm a bit peeved at them

That sucks :frown: Someone's thrown my celery out - which I bought two days ago! Mega annoyed, it's the only thing I really eat right now.
Slept all day. :indiff: Had loads of uni work I could have been doing, but I'm seriously tempted just to turn the light off and go back to sleep again.
Original post by kiss_me_now9
That sucks :frown: Someone's thrown my celery out - which I bought two days ago! Mega annoyed, it's the only thing I really eat right now.

It gets really annoying when that happens. They threw away a beetroot of mine because it still had mud on it. I wonder why they throw away good food, and not the mouldy stuff at the bottom of the fridge which is leaking :confused:
Original post by lanky2610
It gets really annoying when that happens. They threw away a beetroot of mine because it still had mud on it. I wonder why they throw away good food, and not the mouldy stuff at the bottom of the fridge which is leaking :confused:

Mine do the same, it's the first time anything of mine has been thrown away but there's still loads of manky, off food in the fridge which they don't care about!
Original post by angelbones

Good luck with that, let us know how it goes. I'm sure you'll be fine, just be confident and relaxed. :smile:
Reply 5031
Original post by Sabertooth
Thanks guys. :colondollar: Yeah I'm hoping it's helpful, I mean the quetiapine has made me feel a lot calmer but they're still bugging me so it's not that great and I need something else, so really hoping it's helpful. :crossedf:

You should go to an eating disorder group :tongue: I'm gonna try to get the courage to go to this so you should suffer too. You should all suffer! :laugh: /evil genius.

I should, but because my pattern is usually binge/restrict, and has only recently become just restricting, my bodyweight is "normal", so I'm scared if there are any underweight people there that I will just feel even more enormous and get worse.
I already feel like a heffalump. Inherited my goddamn dad's genes: build fitness fast and am strong and always have a good amount of muscle, but will never be dainty.

Managed to eat 1100kcals today (up from 600-7000 over the 6 previous days)! :awesome: Even if I tried to compromise somewhat with an 8 mile walk.

Good luck, just be yourself! :smile:

------------------------------------------

Letters were given out for the leavers do today and after saying I'm definitely not going, I'm beginning to rethink. I don't really want to go but I feel like it's mandatory.

Exams are getting closer and closer and I'm starting to worry about how I'm going to feel in the midst of them. My self-harm became regular during mock week so I'm supposing stress is a trigger for it.
We finish school in May so I'm going to be left to my own devices until college starts in September. Considering I always feel more suicidal when I'm off school for any period of time, I doubt it can be any good for me. Really going to have to find something to keep myself occupied.

CAMHS appointment is on Tuesday too, beginning to get nervous for that.
Good luck with that, let us know how it goes. I'm sure you'll be fine, just be confident and relaxed. :smile:

Ta, will do. :smile: I've never really seen him when not drunk... so this could be interesting!
Reply 5034

Good luck and have fun! :hugs:
Reply 5035
An excellent end to the week :smile:. No problems in school. And it was as if whatever happened on Wednesday never happened!
Original post by Nut.
I should, but because my pattern is usually binge/restrict, and has only recently become just restricting, my bodyweight is "normal", so I'm scared if there are any underweight people there that I will just feel even more enormous and get worse.
I already feel like a heffalump. Inherited my goddamn dad's genes: build fitness fast and am strong and always have a good amount of muscle, but will never be dainty.

Managed to eat 1100kcals today (up from 600-7000 over the 6 previous days)! :awesome: Even if I tried to compromise somewhat with an 8 mile walk.

Ah I see, erm yeah maybe it's better if you don't go along to the group you're right. Are you getting any help with this though? Because tbh it doesn't sound like you're doing all too well at managing it yourself.

And well done on eating a reasonable amount today, that's really good. :smile:
I feel... weird.
Reply 5038
Ah I see, erm yeah maybe it's better if you don't go along to the group you're right. Are you getting any help with this though? Because tbh it doesn't sound like you're doing all too well at managing it yourself.

And well done on eating a reasonable amount today, that's really good. :smile:

Told the guy from the CMHT today. I'm getting a medical assessment done anyway so I imagine the psych will ask about eating etc. then.

The main problem is that I don't want to change it. I'm aware that it's 'disordered' and 'abnormal', but it's working and it's a challenge.

My brain seems to pride itself on always having something wrong with it. :pain:
i feel weird too.

sort of :s-smilie: and possibly a bit :frown: and maybe some :eek:

i need to think of this as a learning curve. this is like the first sort of negative (or positive) feeling i have had to any disquieting extent for a while and it's absolutely NOTHING compared to what i would get before but its presence worries me. I CAN DEAL WITH IT. :angry: I CAN DEAL WITH IT :angry:

Latest