The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexlduffy
CBT, but today was just an introductory session to ask important questions and stuff.

Oh okay, thanks :smile:
Reply 6101
Original post by Phoenix07
Well I am glad you're feeling confident about tomorrow hun :smile: and writing lists always helps with things, I am a bit obsessed with making lists about things. Its the best way to help me sort my life out, life without lists is a scary place :eek:

But nawh thanks hun :colondollar: you are lovely to, its nice to talk to someone who actually understands things. My family are completely unaware of everything ... haven't told anyone other than my bf about my anxiety/depression so it is helpful to be able to talk normally, have to spend all day every day at home pretending I am fine :smile:

On such a sugar high right now though it is shocking, just means that I am going to have a massive crash sometime soon ....

Yeah I am feeling confident. There is nothing wrong about making lists :smile:.

Yeah my family are also not understanding. They never take what I tell them seriously, and then they wonder why I don't tell them anything :rolleyes:.

Aww don't worry too much :console:

:hugs:

And I ruined my mood. I told my best friend about the possibility of me going to her school for Psychology, and she said she doesn't want me there.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6102
Do you ever get those days when you feel incredibly low but you can't think why? I've had a good week; I've hosted a dinner party and a film night and I went out for a friend's birthday. I've been sorting Uni stuff out that I've put off for a while. If anything, I should feel elated and accomplished, but instead I feel really low and detached from everyone. I feel really sad and I don't know what to do with myself. I always hate how lowness effects me physically; like, my eyes feel heavy and I have big bags under my eyes, and my head hurts and my stomach feels twisted. I tried to sleep but just woke up feeling groggy, so I went for a walk. I ate something because I thought my blood sugar might be low, had a long shower... all the mundane things that you do in the hope that you will start to feel a little better. But I don't. So I thought I'd tell you guys because I don't know who else to tell. These days worry me. I know it's normal to have down days but I just worry that they will carry on into the next, and I can't cope with persistent depression anymore.
Original post by Laus
Do you ever get those days when you feel incredibly low but you can't think why? I've had a good week; I've hosted a dinner party and a film night and I went out for a friend's birthday. I've been sorting Uni stuff out that I've put off for a while. If anything, I should feel elated and accomplished, but instead I feel really low and detached from everyone. I feel really sad and I don't know what to do with myself. I always hate how lowness effects me physically; like, my eyes feel heavy and I have big bags under my eyes, and my head hurts and my stomach feels twisted. I tried to sleep but just woke up feeling groggy, so I went for a walk. I ate something because I thought my blood sugar might be low, had a long shower... all the mundane things that you do in the hope that you will start to feel a little better. But I don't. So I thought I'd tell you guys because I don't know who else to tell. These days worry me. I know it's normal to have down days but I just worry that they will carry on into the next, and I can't cope with persistent depression anymore.

:frown: :frown: Big hugs hun :hugs: :jumphug: :console:
Reply 6104
Original post by ViceVersa
:frown: :frown: Big hugs hun :hugs: :jumphug: :console:

Thank you. :hugs:
Reply 6105
Original post by Laus

:console: :hugs: :jumphug: :smile: Hope you feel better.
Original post by Laus
Thank you. :hugs:

I'm so unhelpful tonight I'm sorry. :sad: I'll see if I can say anything that could help you tomorrow :redface:

But no problem, hang in there..I'm always here if you need :hugs:
Reply 6107
I don't want any of you to tell me how to feel better, we all know that this happens from time to time. I just needed to tell someone.
Original post by Laus
I don't want any of you to tell me how to feel better, we all know that this happens from time to time. I just needed to tell someone.

Okay :hugs:
Original post by Laus

Even if we can't help, we can still listen, and hope that you feel better :hugs:
I will be in bed before half 12. It's the only thing I can do right now - I have another idea but I'm determined to be strong. So ****ing hard.
Feeling really..empty..:frown:
Feeling really..empty..:frown:

:hugs: Anything happened which may of made you feel empty?
Original post by bullettheory
:hugs: Anything happened which may of made you feel empty?

Not completely sure. I think I need more proper friends in my life, but things always **** up with people when you get too close, one way or another. And things don't ever last. I don't know what to do anymore :frown: It sucks because I'm doing relatively better at the moment, but there's always that something there..meh..
Original post by avhhs
Yeah I am feeling confident. There is nothing wrong about making lists :smile:.

Yeah my family are also not understanding. They never take what I tell them seriously, and then they wonder why I don't tell them anything :rolleyes:.

Aww don't worry too much :console:

:hugs:

And I ruined my mood. I told my best friend about the possibility of me going to her school for Psychology, and she said she doesn't want me there.

Good I am glad you are feeling confident, hold on to that confident feeling hun :smile:
Not completely sure. I think I need more proper friends in my life, but things always **** up with people when you get too close, one way or another. And things don't ever last. I don't know what to do anymore :frown: It sucks because I'm doing relatively better at the moment, but there's always that something there..meh..

Are you at uni? I don't know if you are planning to go, but before I went I struggled with getting proper friends, and even though I still do at uni, it is a hell of a lot better. You meet people with similar interests and you have a bigger choice really, a lot of people say you do make your real friends at uni, and in a way, I think that is true. I know what you mean about something always being there, I guess the important thing is to cling on to the good moments, and try to remember those, so when you feel bad you have that hope that things will get better because of the good memories you have. It's true that things don't last, but if you want to, the memories can live on, which means you can keep the good ones, and also (although, this is harder) get rid of the bad ones. I hope that made some sense!
I have new boots! http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/3203/newshoes.jpg http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3852/newshoes2r.jpg

In other news, then gotta love it when your psychiatrist doesn't know what a drug is that your GP put you on (agomelatine). Ok, so it is fairly new (about 4 years old now), but still, I expect my psych to know about mental health drugs, especially the new ones that might be more effective! Beyond that, he now thinks that anti-depressants are a good idea. But yeah, other than trying to work with my psychologist, then he hasn't got any suggestions for stopping problems reoccurring. So lets see what happens :|

Original post by superwolf
Finally got my arse over there and sorted out the stuff I needed. I now have some more changes of clothes, cider-making equipment, and herbs and spices so I can start cooking properly again. Also another pair of Doc Martens to give my old ones a rest.

One day I'll go to bed at a sensible time, I swear it.

Glad to hear you got more stuff, how much is left in your old flat now?

superwolf

x

Sorry, lost your quotes, but psychologist stuff:
In short, then she isn't sure if certain things I am doing are healthy for me, but if I am right that there is no reason why my mood drops, and then rises again, there isn't much she can do. I am seeing her again in a month, and have started charting my mood / making notes on things again, and going to go from there.

Original post by Phoenix07
Hey sorry this will seem quite random as none of that was aimed at me, but I just wanted to say thanks for the link! Been looking for somewhere I could find out more CBT stuff and that was really helpful! so thanks :smile:

No worries, glad it helped :smile:

Nut.

x

Still need to reply to you, I know, just trying to motive myself to you as you need more attention. Will try to before I go skiing, and sorry I haven't sooner :frown:
Once again I'm sat here worrying about going to sleep. And trying not to cry thinking about life and various other things. I'm so tired of this :sad:
Original post by bullettheory
Are you at uni? I don't know if you are planning to go, but before I went I struggled with getting proper friends, and even though I still do at uni, it is a hell of a lot better. You meet people with similar interests and you have a bigger choice really, a lot of people say you do make your real friends at uni, and in a way, I think that is true. I know what you mean about something always being there, I guess the important thing is to cling on to the good moments, and try to remember those, so when you feel bad you have that hope that things will get better because of the good memories you have. It's true that things don't last, but if you want to, the memories can live on, which means you can keep the good ones, and also (although, this is harder) get rid of the bad ones. I hope that made some sense!

Nope, last year of A-levels :sadnod: and I really hope that happens when I get to uni, then, because that'll be amazing.

I will keep trying to do that, thank you.

Original post by kiss_me_now9
Once again I'm sat here worrying about going to sleep. And trying not to cry thinking about life and various other things. I'm so tired of this :sad:

I've tried and I can't sleep either. What you're doing is basically what I was doing, and I'm really tired as well :sad:
Original post by superwolf
x

It does, but my songs aren't about cider. In general they've a basis in my views on society and politics - i.e. Hippy music.

Drum circles incoming, and not even Cartman can stop me.

Latest