The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

No law jerb ->depressed.
I've done nothing all day. My room is a mess and my long essay is due in soon. I just want to go to sleep.
I've rejected offers to go out for two days in a row now. Just doing anything feels like a chore. Feel so low. Really need something to change.

Had some bad family news too.
Can I join this society?
Original post by Cherriesxo
Can I join this society?

Of course you can :h: come chat crap with us.

Also guys I've finished writing my personal statement for college, would somebody mind reading it for me? It's only 500 words?
Original post by 35mm_
Of course you can :h: come chat crap with us.

Also guys I've finished writing my personal statement for college, would somebody mind reading it for me? It's only 500 words?

I'll take a look if you want.
Original post by 35mm_
I've rejected offers to go out for two days in a row now. Just doing anything feels like a chore. Feel so low. Really need something to change.

Had some bad family news too.

:hugs:
Really need to write this letter explaining things to my mum.
Original post by avhhs
I'm OK. Still have hayfever :frown:. Should have left 25 mins ago for the party but my dad insists on being late. The party is only across the road, but still. I'm sure he doesn't have feelings. I always find being late embarrassing.

I hate religious parents :biggrin:

Owh dear, well hope you're feeling better soon hun! And hope you have lots of fun at the party :tongue: make sure you dance I remember you saying you wanted to :hugs:

Original post by 35mm_
x

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Webberino
Not sure if I'm coming back tomorrow or Monday.
He did let it go after about 20 mins of explaining how pathetic I am. :h: :tongue:

That's good, hope she sorts them out. :tongue:

Hope you have a good time :smile:
That's harsh, he has no right to say that. :hugs:

Reply 6830
After lurking through these forums since about February, I think I'll actually post. I've been depressed, anxious, and socially anxious for years (probably since my mid teens, I'm 23 now). It got a lot worse last summer, when I broke up with my ex and finished uni. Since then, I've been studying the law conversion course, which I really hate, and things have gotten really bad. I've been having much darker thoughts, and socially things have got even worse, I hardly ever go out. I even skip going to lectures a lot of the time, just because I can't face it. Motivation has been very bad for the past couple of months, and I've really fallen behind on work (which, as I say, I don't enjoy anyway). It seems a bit strange distilling all that I've felt in the past into those above four lines, and it makes it seem quite trivial, like I'm making a fuss about nothing, but this past year or so reall has been hell.

I've been having CBT since about January, which I'm not sure if it's helping. If it does help, it'll be in the long term, I'm sure. I finally got on anti-depressants a week ago (Sertraline). Apart from nausea, I haven't seen anything from that yet. Hopefully it'll do some good.

So, basically: :hi::hi: to all of you! And I hope you don't mind too much if I post about my rubbish life here every so often :tongue:
Original post by geetar
After lurking through these forums since about February, I think I'll actually post. I've been depressed, anxious, and socially anxious for years (probably since my mid teens, I'm 23 now). It got a lot worse last summer, when I broke up with my ex and finished uni. Since then, I've been studying the law conversion course, which I really hate, and things have gotten really bad. I've been having much darker thoughts, and socially things have got even worse, I hardly ever go out. I even skip going to lectures a lot of the time, just because I can't face it. Motivation has been very bad for the past couple of months, and I've really fallen behind on work (which, as I say, I don't enjoy anyway). It seems a bit strange distilling all that I've felt in the past into those above four lines, and it makes it seem quite trivial, like I'm making a fuss about nothing, but this past year or so reall has been hell.

I've been having CBT since about January, which I'm not sure if it's helping. If it does help, it'll be in the long term, I'm sure. I finally got on anti-depressants a week ago (Sertraline). Apart from nausea, I haven't seen anything from that yet. Hopefully it'll do some good.

So, basically: :hi::hi: to all of you! And I hope you don't mind too much if I post about my rubbish life here every so often :tongue:

Hope you find a way around your depression eventually :smile:
Original post by geetar

Personally i wouldn't say anything people post this thread is rubbish, every personal story i see gives me some strength; knowing im not the only one going through this crap, i'm sure its the same for a lot of us. Also just you getting it off your chest is a good thing anyway :P

I understand the motication so much...it doesn't make sense, personally i SHOULD be really enjoying my course (games art), but get practically no pleasure from the drawing/artsy aspect of it anymore. If i could make money from procrastination i think i could buy out the EU, not that i'd want to, mind xD
It's all kicking off here, last night my downstairs neighbour lent his ex's son the keys to his flat and the guy game in with friends so drunk they could barely stand at 2.30am waking entire building up and put the keys in wrong door then tried kicking it in so the neighbour came out and told him to go away as the guy was insisting he LIVED there(uh no)

Kept my neighbour awake all night going in and out the flat slamming doors then my neighbour complained again at 6.30am and the guy threatened to stab him!!!

The guy who lives there isnt back till tommorow so worried it will all kick off.
Original post by sunfowers01
Really need to write this letter explaining things to my mum.

Personally i think letters can come across as strange or overdramatic. If you're much more comfortable with doing it then go ahead, but i always think a phonecall is better. Would there be any reason you can't speak to her about it, by the way? I'm lucky my parents are pretty good about it all.
Original post by ViceVersa
Thanks guys *sniffs* :sigh: :hugs:

awww, I wish I knew you so I could give you a big hug :smile: :hugs: you rock :biggrin:
Reply 6836
Also, has anyone had experiences with sertraline (aka zoloft, lustral)?
Original post by Cherriesxo
Can I join this society?

yes :smile: feel free, we are here to help people so if you have depression then join and chat and hopefully soon you feel great :h:

p/s I apologise for any spelling mistake as I have had much cider tonighty!
Original post by geetar
Also, has anyone had experiences with sertraline (aka zoloft, lustral)?

yes! as I said to peoples earlier it no work for me :frown: but hopefully it will for you :smile:
Original post by SciFiBoy
awww, I wish I knew you so I could give you a big hug :smile: :hugs: you rock :biggrin:

You can at the meet :u: You rock too :hugs:

Latest