The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Didn't get to sleep until 6am this morning, woke up at 10 and went into college, fell asleep again at about 5pm and woke up at 10pm. My sleeping pattern is so ridiculous at the moment, it's really tiring me out :frown:
On the plus side the side effects I was experiencing from the citalopram seem to have subsided, but as I'm upping to 20mg on Wednesday I assume they might come back?

Original post by Anonymous
I'm a male and when I'm depressed I cry is it normal?

Emotions don't discriminate against gender, if that's what you're asking :P
Original post by Chaosprime
I started feeling slightly better when I went home for Easter, but now I'm back in my room on my own, everything has come back to me :frown:

Need to make an appointment to see my doctor and tell her the Amitriptyline has been useless :frown:

How many things have you tried so far? I'm on citalopram (20mg) and its not made me happier as such, but i defo don't worry about things as much, so it's helped. My dad described it as one of those "stop giving a ****" drugs xD He's been through a bunch of things himself, depression runs in the family .__.

I tend to find its the little things that can mean a lot to up your mood. That cup of tea when you wake up, that bath in the evening, talking to that guy that's always behind the till at tescos when u get your shopping. Maybe try to treat yourself to a few more of those little things :tongue:

I'm a male and when I'm depressed I cry is it normal?

The whole macho, tough guy image that society forces on us men is bullsh1t. It's perfectly fine to cry, in fact it's healthier than holding tears back. If you don't let out your emotions out in some way it will damage you from the inside. That's why it's good to write a diary or talk to people about what you're going through.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8402
Original post by Phoenix07
Well glad you are all warm and dry now ... my mum decided she needed t wash all of my clothes before I got the train back to uni so had to put them on straight out of the dryer and they practically burnt me!

But nah that does suck, totally know how you feel :hugs: because I don't really have friends any more I seem to have a habit of getting overly enthusiastic whenever I manage to actually talk to new people and put waaaaay more into the friendship then they do and then get really really down when I lose them as well! Hope it wasn't too bad running into the silly person though, and hope you are feeling less down now hun!

Hey, yea it didn't affect me as much I thought it would.... I guess the lesson here is to not try too hard, some people just arnt worth the hassle.

Lol... Yea our dryer is like that... Although on really cold days I like to give my undies a quick run through the dryer.... Lol:tongue:

Well, it's looking like a busy day ahead.... Lol... Will need caffeine at some point.

Hope you have a good day and hoping you feel better. :biggrin:
Reply 8403
Still don't feel like doing anything. Don't see the point in school now.
Original post by warp2125
Hey, yea it didn't affect me as much I thought it would.... I guess the lesson here is to not try too hard, some people just arnt worth the hassle.

Lol... Yea our dryer is like that... Although on really cold days I like to give my undies a quick run through the dryer.... Lol:tongue:

Well, it's looking like a busy day ahead.... Lol... Will need caffeine at some point.

Hope you have a good day and hoping you feel better. :biggrin:

Does seem like most people turn out to not be worth the hassle though .... which really does suck, but nvm hey!

haha owh dear, the dryer at uni is **** so don't so that here but may try that when I am back home. Although had a slight incident yesterday with melting an item but its all ok lol

I only have 9-11 today although got a fair bit of presentation preparation to do which is rubbish :frown: don't want to do them!

I need caffeine :frown: all high on painkillers and cold and flu stuff!

Still feeling awful, hope you are alright today though hun!
taking comfort in small things today, new curtains apparently today, plus can watch tv in my room again soon, plus my new Wii game and controller should both arrive today, focusing on this cause it's better than thoughts!

hope everyone is good? :smile:
Reply 8406
In school but not looking forward at all to the next few hours. Just sick and tired really :cry: :cry:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8407
Original post by SciFiBoy
taking comfort in small things today, new curtains apparently today, plus can watch tv in my room again soon, plus my new Wii game and controller should both arrive today, focusing on this cause it's better than thoughts!

hope everyone is good? :smile:

What game are you getting?

I want to get a Wii as I have had great fun on friends and family members ones but my other half prefers his Xbox and although I like the kinect stuff, we can't jump up and down too much as we live in a first floor flat.
There are days when being an adult sucks so ****ing bad.
I am not in the condition for work, so I live off state support. I have been waitig for the decision to that money since february, and now I finally got it: No money until the end of may because I did not earn enough last year (when I was hospitalized most of the year...) and out of the 900 I was supposed to get they snipped 690 for some reasons...Thank you world.
I was exited & finally relaxed since I was supposed to get some kind of steady support until August, but no then... thank you much world.
I really feel like crying right now.
Original post by Optical
Yeah its been affecting me since I started sixth form (I'm in Yr13 atm)
I'm on bad terms with my parents and just everyone in general.

I have exams coming up and so I was wondering whether or not it would be a better idea to see a gp after I've finished them?

Also, have there been any cases where depression has just disappeared on its own or is it very rare? :confused:

I would probably go as soon as possible and see what they say, then you migh decide to wait til after them to start treatment.

I think it's very rare, I was hoping for that for quite a while because I was scared of going to the gp.
Just generally being himself. He's gone out now though and my mum seems so much happier :confused:. I don't want to write anything about him in my diary in case it gets back to my mum and she'll be convinced he's doing something to me. She asked me once if he was hurting me in anyway and I denied everything but that makes me think that she can't exactly trust him either.

Eeek! Mentors are certainly good at chasing things up :tongue:

Aww tough situation :console:
Hope he stops being such a douche soon. :tongue:

They are indeed :tongue:
Didn't do any work yesterday evening, really need to sort it out today!
Reply 8410
Had a mock exam, and feeling a tiny bit better :awesome: But now got another boring lesson in a bit :frown:
Original post by Wheek
What game are you getting?

I want to get a Wii as I have had great fun on friends and family members ones but my other half prefers his Xbox and although I like the kinect stuff, we can't jump up and down too much as we live in a first floor flat.

Wii Sports Resort, have the first game which came with the console but want to get new one cause it seems to have much more to it :smile: play with my dad and sis on it sometimes, need to get more single player games though for it really!

new controller is awesome, basically a Sonic Screwdriver from Doctor Who but works as a Wiimote :awesome:

I have PS2, PS3, 360 and Wii! I likes my games :colone:
Wii Sports Resort, have the first game which came with the console but want to get new one cause it seems to have much more to it :smile: play with my dad and sis on it sometimes, need to get more single player games though for it really!

new controller is awesome, basically a Sonic Screwdriver from Doctor Who but works as a Wiimote :awesome:

:shock: That sounds super awesome.

Wii is awesome, spent most of last summer playing the Godfather game on it. Kill all the pedestrians!

(I had a little spell where I didn't know what I was doing and so just kept throwing Molotov cocktails at people)
Reply 8413

The PS2 we had broke a while ago although I never really used it so I don't miss it and have never even had a go on a PS3. The only console I miss is my N64 (old I know but I still love it) which is in the loft. I'm not a great games player but I do enjoy having a go on guitar hero/rock band. Have tried Halo (I think - it could have been something else!) but was awful at it, but I try not to go near the xbox too much - I have been told by a friend that breaking a BF's xbox is one of the worst sins a girlfriend can commit!
Original post by Alofleicester
:shock: That sounds super awesome.

Wii is awesome, spent most of last summer playing the Godfather game on it. Kill all the pedestrians!

(I had a little spell where I didn't know what I was doing and so just kept throwing Molotov cocktails at people)

it is :biggrin: very geeky!

is good, tbh I really just use it for multiplayer atm though, use my other consoles much more cause have lot's of SP games or just online ones, if I get stuff like that for my Wii would be better so it actually is used more.

that sounds random :tongue: I normally end up doing that on GTA tbh!
it is :biggrin: very geeky!

is good, tbh I really just use it for multiplayer atm though, use my other consoles much more cause have lot's of SP games or just online ones, if I get stuff like that for my Wii would be better so it actually is used more.

that sounds random :tongue: I normally end up doing that on GTA tbh!

It wasn't random - it got the police to chase me so I could then make them kill other families by making them crash into the complexes/businesses owned by the other families.
Original post by Wheek
The PS2 we had broke a while ago although I never really used it so I don't miss it and have never even had a go on a PS3. The only console I miss is my N64 (old I know but I still love it) which is in the loft. I'm not a great games player but I do enjoy having a go on guitar hero/rock band. Have tried Halo (I think - it could have been something else!) but was awful at it, but I try not to go near the xbox too much - I have been told by a friend that breaking a BF's xbox is one of the worst sins a girlfriend can commit!

my PS2 I've had since 2002! thing always works lol, it's been dropped down stairs and all sorts, one of the big original ones too. PS3 is amazing, plus it plays blu-rays :coma: never had an N64, played at a friends once though and was cool :smile: (goldeneye :tongue:) im awful at music games tbh, can't figure them out at all! normally I stick to sports or shooters :tongue: occasionally play like an RPG or something as well :smile: lol, only had one gf so never been an issue :tongue: though my ex had an xbox of her own so probs wouldn't have broken mine even if she had the chance to!
It wasn't random - it got the police to chase me so I could then make them kill other families by making them crash into the complexes/businesses owned by the other families.

aha, lol, so was tactical! :colone:
aha, lol, so was tactical! :colone:

Not originally, but then they crashed into mobsters, killed the mobsters and got killed as well - so I then just go in and take over and started doing it over and over. I think my rap sheet on the game read about 5000 kills (innocents) by the time I completed the game.
Not originally, but then they crashed into mobsters, killed the mobsters and got killed as well - so I then just go in and take over and started doing it over and over. I think my rap sheet on the game read about 5000 kills (innocents) by the time I completed the game.

lol, you evil bugger :tongue: sounds like a fun game though :smile:

Latest