The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA3 11th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by madman94
I'm doing aggression, if an essay were to come up on social psychological approaches would Bandura be AO1 or AO2 for SLT?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I'd say AO1 as you'd be using it as an example. By all means you could then evaluate it to use it at AO2.

Any predictions for relationships? Looking at the January paper, it seemed quite difficult. But then, June 2011 looked quite good, at least for Gender, Sleep and Relationships. AQA are very unpredictable though :frown:
Reply 782
Original post by Dodecahedron
Any predictions for relationships? Looking at the January paper, it seemed quite difficult. But then, June 2011 looked quite good, at least for Gender, Sleep and Relationships. AQA are very unpredictable though :frown:

Sleep I am predicting a small question on ultradian rhythms (5) and then a larger question on the nature of sleep. (4+16)

Reply 783
If anyone had any essays on cognition and development and intelligence, PLEASE, send them to me. I'm studying this on my own and need 85/100 to get an A over all and intelligence is driving me up the wall :frown:
Original post by :)J
For aggression, even though it is VERY unlikely 'group displays of aggression' - is it okay to talk about Sports and Xenophobia instead of Lynchmobs/Warfare/Religious Rituals?

From the spec:
Evolutionary explanations of group display in humans, for example sport and
warfare.

So talk about sport and warfare. You can talk about the rest but those are the 2 that are recommended.

Can somebody please explain the HLA/autoimmune explanation for narcolepsy? My notes are useless and I can't seem to find anything that makes much sense online :frown:
Reply 785
Original post by Mmrawrr
I have written most of the possible essays but I haven't got round to memorising everything yet. :frown: And I've got other subjects to revise as well. I feel like I've messed up quite badly.

I know I'm halfway through memorising, iv got 4 other exams to prep for, including unit 4 psych :frown: stupid.
Reply 786
Horrible! I hate this topic so much - i'm just trying to go over each essay question but I'm an external student and don't have a teacher which makes it so much worse! i wish i took relationships/gender instead. Hbu?

omg i am an external student too.The first time i took this exam i had kind of studied, but after looking at the past papers and the actual content, it's not all too bad. I think intelligence is my favourite out of sleep and perception lol. I think it's just a matter of forcing yourself to do it. That's what i am gong to do when i start revising over perception - i hate that section so much.
Reply 787
Original post by mkigz77
omg i am an external student too.The first time i took this exam i had kind of studied, but after looking at the past papers and the actual content, it's not all too bad. I think intelligence is my favourite out of sleep and perception lol. I think it's just a matter of forcing yourself to do it. That's what i am gong to do when i start revising over perception - i hate that section so much.

haha really?! How are you revising intelligence, are you writing up essays? I'm so confused on what I should focus on, the past questions are so scattered.
Basically, im thinking of doing:
outline and evaluate one psychometric theory of intelligence
outline and evaluate one information processing theory of intelligence
outline key features of operant conditioning
outline key features of classical conditioning
outline and evaluate simple learning with non-human animals
outline and evaluate intelligence in non-human animals
outline and evaluate evolutionary factors involved in the development of human intelligence
outline and evaluate the role of genetic factors in intelligence test performances
outline and evaluate the role of environmental factors associated with intelligence test performances
outline and evaluate cultural influences on intelligence test performances...

can you think of anything else that I have missed?
I hate this topic so much, im so bad at it :frown:
Original post by annagoesbroom
From the spec:
Evolutionary explanations of group display in humans, for example sport and
warfare.

So talk about sport and warfare. You can talk about the rest but those are the 2 that are recommended.

Can somebody please explain the HLA/autoimmune explanation for narcolepsy? My notes are useless and I can't seem to find anything that makes much sense online :frown:

AO11980s research showed that narc. was linked to a mutation of the immune system. Honda et al found an increaased frequency of one type of HLA (human leukocyte antigen) in narc patients. HLA molecules coordinate the immune response.

AO2 the link continues to be researched, but the specific HLA variant found most commonly in narcoleptics is not found in all narc patients and is resonably common in the general population. this means that HLA cannot be the sole explanation :smile:
Reply 789
Hey, anyone got a list of all possible aggression questions that could come up?
Thanks in advance

Reply 790
Officially revised everything. Just need to drill it into my head now -.-

Psychology is getting soooo tedious :|

Reply 791
Original post by madman94
Hey, anyone got a list of all possible aggression questions that could come up?
Thanks in advance

If I were you I'd just look at the spec and turn each bullet point into a question

Questions will briefly be on:

Social psychological explanations (slt and deindividuation)
Institutional
Neural and hormonal
Genetics
Evolutionary
Group displays.

Reply 792
does anyone have any gender essays they wouldn't mind sending me? I really dislike one of my topics
join getrevising.co.uk :smile: it has loads of example essays and stuff!! and its free

http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/example_gender_questions
Reply 794
Original post by hhh123
Officially revised everything. Just need to drill it into my head now -.-

Psychology is getting soooo tedious :|

do you find the sleep topic just makes you want to sleep?!
Reply 795
Still revising aggression, can't get my head round it! What would you include I a neural mechanisms answer? Amygdala and PFC or serotonin and dopamine? Or both?

Original post by 05keenhannah
AO11980s research showed that narc. was linked to a mutation of the immune system. Honda et al found an increaased frequency of one type of HLA (human leukocyte antigen) in narc patients. HLA molecules coordinate the immune response.

AO2 the link continues to be researched, but the specific HLA variant found most commonly in narcoleptics is not found in all narc patients and is resonably common in the general population. this means that HLA cannot be the sole explanation :smile:

thank you! :smile:
Reply 797
Original post by Bjcross
im doing gender :smile: its okay I guess, if you're swapping the essays are:
discuss kolhbergs theory
Discuss the gender schema theory
Discuss the role of genes and hormOnes in gender development
Discuss social influences on gender
discuss evolutionary explanations for gender
Outline and evaluate the biosocial approach --> highly unlikeły because different textbooks have different approaches
Discuss explanations for gender dysphoria

Hii, so i gave intelligence one last go - and it went horribly. So im starting these essays today! Do you mind if I send you them to check? (if you're free) :colondollar:

Also, should I add to the list:'
describe and evaluate 2 or more aspects of gender role from an evolutionary perspective
discuss cross-cultural influence on gender role?

Also, what do you predict is most likely to come up :smile:
Reply 798
Hii, so i gave intelligence one last go - and it went horribly. So im starting these essays today! Do you mind if I send you them to check? (if you're free) :colondollar:

Also, should I add to the list:'
describe and evaluate 2 or more aspects of gender role from an evolutionary perspective
discuss cross-cultural influence on gender role?

Also, what do you predict is most likely to come up :smile:

Go for it and yes :smile: umm evolutionary explanations, gender dysphoria, gender schema theory have never come up, so I think it might be split! urgh revision is just boring now!
what are peoples predictions for aggression, eating & cognitive development,
done my revision notes now it's on to memorising it D:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending