Original post by Eternal Rest
He/she probably misread the "one" bit.

You were right to just talk about one of the theories. :smile:

Yes sorry I did! :-)
Reply 1581
Original post by Eternal Rest
He/she probably misread the "one" bit.

You were right to just talk about one of the theories. :smile:

Ha yeah possibly! God i hope social comes up for aggression!! I find it the easiest section by far.

I just wish we could use laptops to type in our exams..would be able to write much more than hand writing!! :P
Original post by hhh123
Endogenous pacemakers are something which we are predetermined too (NATURE), however it is important to realise that nurture also plays an important role. For instance we actually choose what time we go to bed and when we wake up, and external factors such as co sleepers do actually influence are circadian rhythm. It is important to consider both nature and nurture in conjunction as in real life both of these exist.

thanks alot good luck :biggrin:
Reply 1583
Original post by hhh123
Yes sorry I did! :-)

No worries, thanks for reading it :smile:

what topics are you doing? Do you think social has a good chance of coming up or not so much? Ive been lookin at past papers and im dearly hoping it will!
Social has a high chance of coming up for aggression, I'm focusing my revision on SLT and Deindividuation.
Reply 1585
Original post by GemmaB45
No worries, thanks for reading it :smile:

what topics are you doing? Do you think social has a good chance of coming up or not so much? Ive been lookin at past papers and im dearly hoping it will!

I'm doing Eating, Sleep, and Aggression.

I realllllly hope social doesn't come up.

I personally think we may get a 5 marker on social though, followed by a 16 marker on genes.
Reply 1586
Original post by hhh123
I'm doing Eating, Sleep, and Aggression.

I realllllly hope social doesn't come up.

I personally think we may get a 5 marker on social though, followed by a 16 marker on genes.

Im doing eating, aggression and intelligence. Im an external student so havent got a teacher so just chose what interested me most, but turns out im not so keen on intelligence. Find it quite hard :frown: .

Hmm i dont mind genetics as a small question but would much rather social as a big question!
Reply 1587
When last did social exps come up?
Reply 1588
June 2010 i think...
Original post by simmyxx
Hey I have been looking for the 2012 Jan paper and I cant find it...could you please tell me where you found it or if you have it could you possibly send it to me? Thanks in advance :smile:

here you go and good luck :smile:
Reply 1590
Original post by jannesedward
Hmm not sure, but i've learnt some research just in case. for example Brain sex theory stria termillis central division etc. Also a bit on like Freuds electra/oedipus complex. But yea mainly bio social i.e. parents being disappointed they got a daughter, hence they try raise her as a boy. Doctor money etc.

Ahh thank you! I hate to ask you this, but is there by any chance have you an essay on this and wouldn't mind sending me? I'm an external student so its so hard to find resources in this area
Original post by SecretCircus
Depends on if they split the 24 marks up, but I reckon:

Aggression: social psychological explanations (i.e. SLT and deindividuation) and/or genetics.

Eating behaviour: biological explanations of an eating disorder and/or success/failure of dieting.

Gender: gender dysphoria, evolutionary explanations and/or biosocial explanations. This one is harder to predict!

Yeah, I agree it's very difficult to predict for Gender because everything has come up at least once. I agree with your predictions, maybe gender schema might come up as well.
I also have a nagging feeling that cultural influences on gender roles, which is basically all the cross cultural studies. It has come up as a 24 marker but looking at the examiners report it was done very badly, so they might just throw it back in again.
Reply 1592
Original post by SecretCircus
Depends on if they split the 24 marks up, but I reckon:

Aggression: social psychological explanations (i.e. SLT and deindividuation) and/or genetics.

Eating behaviour: biological explanations of an eating disorder and/or success/failure of dieting.

Gender: gender dysphoria, evolutionary explanations and/or biosocial explanations. This one is harder to predict!

Ahh cool, so do you know what questions were in the jan paper?
Reply 1593
Original post by iMattB
Ahh cool, so do you know what questions were in the jan paper?

From the PSYA3 Jan 12 paper:

Topic: Aggression
0 5 Outline research into institutional aggression. (4 marks)
0 6 Discuss one or more evolutionary explanations of group display in humans.
(4 marks + 16 marks)

Topic: Eating Behaviour
0 7 Discuss neural mechanisms involved in the control of eating behaviour.
(8 marks + 16 marks)

Topic: Gender
0 8 Describe research into social infl uences on gender. (8 marks)
0 9 Assess the importance of social infl uences on gender. (16 marks)
I've seen alot of people asking for the jan 2012 paper so here it is
Any predictions for the sleep essay?
I've got a feeling biological explanations might come up for gender!
Reply 1597

Circadian rhythms and lifespan changes.

Circadian/infradian/lifespan changes/insomnia/sleep walking...

hard to predict!
Reply 1599
Original post by alexissocool
Eating behaviour was neural mechanisms as a whole 24 marker.

Cheers fella

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending