The Student Room Group

UCLAN DipHe adult nursing april 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Paulcalterri
U will get a email to tell u something has changed on your bursary award then u log in to BOSS and it will be there the award n payment dates we get 2x payments in April on 20th + the £55 expens nothing in may then paid equally on the 3rd Friday in every month but it says all this in email. The online bursary calculator told me I'd get 11200 a year with having a partner on low income n 2 children but when my award came I only get 7890 £250 a month less so don't go off the calculator it's well out on estimations xxxx

Thanks x
The calculator told me I'd get something like £11,800 so will just have to ignore that then :/
x
Original post by Kimmie88
Thanks x
The calculator told me I'd get something like £11,800 so will just have to ignore that then :/
x

Depends on circumstance I suppose do u have a partner n kids??? It told me I could get £11200 n when it came through it was only £7860 when I rung they said it was right was gutted x
Reply 122
Depends on circumstance I suppose do u have a partner n kids??? It told me I could get £11200 n when it came through it was only £7860 when I rung they said it was right was gutted x

2 children 3 and 10 months and a partner working 16 hours and I'll still be working 24 hours for now at the same time so mine will be very low if yours is low.
Well I put nothing for me then 10500 for hubby n they took off his tax n nat insurance cause he's self employed n 4390 mortgage payments which leaves us 4500 they saud this is enough to live off and I got none of the depence allowance so went from 11200 to 7860 which is 250 a month less let me know how u get on cause I think mine is wrong xx
Well I put nothing for me then 10500 for hubby n they took off his tax n nat insurance cause he's self employed n 4390 mortgage payments which leaves us 4500 they saud this is enough to live off and I got none of the depence allowance so went from 11200 to 7860 which is 250 a month less let me know how u get on cause I think mine is wrong xx

I thought we got a non means tested bursary bcos were on the diploma? X
Reply 125
Original post by Nataliechristina
I thought we got a non means tested bursary bcos were on the diploma? X

Thats what I thought as well as that was the reason I didn't want degree but looks like the university were wrong :/
Reply 126
Has everybody sent a picture to uclan or can you have or done on day ?x
Reply 127
Original post by shann19

you need your card before you start
Reply 128
Original post by shann19

i have just sent mine in today :0) x
Reply 129
U will get a email to tell u something has changed on your bursary award then u log in to BOSS and it will be there the award n payment dates we get 2x payments in April on 20th + the £55 expens nothing in may then paid equally on the 3rd Friday in every month but it says all this in email. The online bursary calculator told me I'd get 11200 a year with having a partner on low income n 2 children but when my award came I only get 7890 £250 a month less so don't go off the calculator it's well out on estimations xxxx

How long after you filled your boss application in did you get this email?xx
Original post by Kimmie88
Thats what I thought as well as that was the reason I didn't want degree but looks like the university were wrong :/

Look at this tho that I found on their website... http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Students/Documents/Students/FAQ_9.pdf

And when I rang today they said that diploma students do get a non income assesed bursary, I'm guessing it's maybe just the childcare and dependants grants that must be income assesed? Let me know if u find anything different...xx
[QUOTE="sarah-20;36998654"]Have you seen the halls at all? As Lawson Hall wasn't one you could look around when i attended the open day x[/QUOTE

Nah sorry Sarah, haven't seen them in person!? Only been able to have a nosey on the internet :smile:
Original post by Nataliechristina
Look at this tho that I found on their website... http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Students/Documents/Students/FAQ_9.pdf

And when I rang today they said that diploma students do get a non income assesed bursary, I'm guessing it's maybe just the childcare and dependants grants that must be income assesed? Let me know if u find anything different...xx

Yeah you do get a none means tested bursary I never said in my post u never. I asked if she had a partner n kids as the basic bursary is £6700 approx but you can get extra money which according to the calculator was 11200 in total but when my award came through it was Only £7860 approx so the extra is means teased x
Reply 133
Yeah you do get a none means tested bursary I never said in my post u never. I asked if she had a partner n kids as the basic bursary is £6700 approx but you can get extra money which according to the calculator was 11200 in total but when my award came through it was Only £7860 approx so the extra is means teased x

Ah okay :smile:

I still haven't got an email through though so might have to ring them tomorrow to make sure they don't want anything else

I was just confused as I'm applying for the same :/ hopefully get my award soon, I had an email telling me my award has been accepted and to log in and view my application award but when I logged in nothing had changed and when I rang them to ask what was going on they said they didn't know why I had relieved an email as mine was not processed yet as they are only up to applications sent in on 27th march and mine is 28th...god knows how much money I've spent on the phone to them was getting excited to see what my award was too! :frown: lol xx
Reply 135
[QUOTE="Lindsay9103;37093628"]
Original post by sarah-20
Have you seen the halls at all? As Lawson Hall wasn't one you could look around when i attended the open day x[/QUOTE

Nah sorry Sarah, haven't seen them in person!? Only been able to have a nosey on the internet :smile:

same as me then, they look nice though on line :0)
Reply 136
Anybody know what actual plans are for first day ? Time do we go in etc?x
Reply 137
Hiya Kimmi sorry its taken so long to get back to you, if you want a lift on monday text me 07857118746 Gema I'm coming from Burnley area x,
Reply 138
Original post by shann19
Anybody know what actual plans are for first day ? Time do we go in etc?x

We have to be at Vernon lecture for 11am before it starts at 11:30 x
Reply 139
Original post by g3ma
Hiya Kimmi sorry its taken so long to get back to you, if you want a lift on monday text me 07857118746 Gema I'm coming from Burnley area x,

Thanks Gema will text you when my son gives up my phone but a lift would be great wereabouts in burnley are you? out of interest :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending