The Student Room Group

Term dates

I am hoping to start university in September 2024 and I was just wondering if anyone is already studying that could give me a rough guide to term dates and days in uni when not on placement. I have interviews at Newman, Aston and Wolverhampton. I know it can change and everywhere is different but I was just wanting a rough guide if possible please.
Original post by Natshannon2408
I am hoping to start university in September 2024 and I was just wondering if anyone is already studying that could give me a rough guide to term dates and days in uni when not on placement. I have interviews at Newman, Aston and Wolverhampton. I know it can change and everywhere is different but I was just wanting a rough guide if possible please.

For which course?
Original post by normaw
For which course?

Adult nursing
Original post by normaw
@WolvesRep1 Can you help with this?

Hi,

Will have a look into this for you and get back to you right away! 😁

Katie (Film Graduate)
University of Wolverhampton
Original post by Natshannon2408

Hi,

Congrats on getting interviews at these universities it's an exciting next step I can assure you.

For the University of Wolverhampton's Adult Nursing course I've been informed that a student that starts in September will expect approx. 12 weeks in the university leading up to christmas with the christmas week off. Then you can expect 3 or 4 more weeks of theory after that for submission of assignments and then at the end of January, beginning of February you will start placements which run alongside modules up until about July where you have a week off for Easter. When you are in placement it is a 40-hour week comprising of placement hours and university days. When you are in theory it is usually a 3 days per week in University and 2 days self-directed study. It's advised and known that students do use the 40 hours per week in their studies either within uni or on placement.

The first 6 weeks of year 1 there are induction activities running on the two days when there is no module delivery.

Hope this helps and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask and furthermore don't be afraid to ask these questions when you go for your interviews too!

Kind regards,
Katie (Film Graduate)
Reply 6
Original post by WolvesRep1
Hi,

Congrats on getting interviews at these universities it's an exciting next step I can assure you.

For the University of Wolverhampton's Adult Nursing course I've been informed that a student that starts in September will expect approx. 12 weeks in the university leading up to christmas with the christmas week off. Then you can expect 3 or 4 more weeks of theory after that for submission of assignments and then at the end of January, beginning of February you will start placements which run alongside modules up until about July where you have a week off for Easter. When you are in placement it is a 40-hour week comprising of placement hours and university days. When you are in theory it is usually a 3 days per week in University and 2 days self-directed study. It's advised and known that students do use the 40 hours per week in their studies either within uni or on placement.

The first 6 weeks of year 1 there are induction activities running on the two days when there is no module delivery.

Hope this helps and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask and furthermore don't be afraid to ask these questions when you go for your interviews too!

Kind regards,
Katie (Film Graduate)

Hi,

Is this a similar structure to the April intake for Adult Nursing also enrolling in 2024?

Thanks
Original post by Mmxm
Hi,

Kind regards,
Katie (Film Graduate)

Hi,

Is this a similar structure to the April intake for Adult Nursing also enrolling in 2024?

Thanks

Hi,

Great question!

Will find this out for you and get back to you as soon as possible!

Kind regards,
Katie
Original post by Mmxm
Hi,

Thanks

Hi,

We are getting in contact with a member of staff to answer this question for you now!

Kind regards,
Katie
Original post by Mmxm
Hi,

Thanks

Hi,

They have got back to me saying yes they are pretty much the same 12 weeks in theory then a break, then a couple more weeks in theory then practice, they do try to give students on either September or April cohorts a week off at Christmas and a week off at Easter and you will get an extended break before the next year starts but its not as long as the traditional uni break as they have a 42 week year instead of the usual 30 week year. Hope this makes sense, if you have any more queries feel free to ask! Best of luck with your journey and congrats!

Kind regards,
Katie (Film Graduate)
Reply 10
Hi,

Kind regards,
Katie (Film Graduate)

Hi Katie, this is useful information. Do you know the structure for April 24 intake at all please?
Original post by SEM007
Hi,

Kind regards,
Katie (Film Graduate)

Hi Katie, this is useful information. Do you know the structure for April 24 intake at all please?

Hi,

Will have a look into this for you!

Kind regards,
Katie
Reply 12

Hi,

Kind regards,
Katie
Thanks so much :-)
Original post by SEM007

Hi,

I've found out that the structure is similar to what's already been stated, there will be more details available closer to the time when you get your timetable and your lecturer can go through it with you.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions.

Kind regards,
Katie F (Film Graduate)
Reply 14
Hi,

I've found out that the structure is similar to what's already been stated, there will be more details available closer to the time when you get your timetable and your lecturer can go through it with you.

Kind regards,
Katie F (Film Graduate)

Thank you :-)
Reply 15
Hi,

Kind regards,
Katie F (Film Graduate)

Thank you for this. Is it the same structure in year two and three? Do you know the structure for midwifery at all please? Walsall Capmus.
Original post by SEM007
Thank you for this. Is it the same structure in year two and three? Do you know the structure for midwifery at all please? Walsall Capmus.

Hi,

Kind regards,
Katie F

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending