The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A F322 Chains, Energy and Resources Wed 23 May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
guys could you please tell me the dates of all the papers available for practice for this exam.. so I can make sure I havnt missed out on any :smile: thank you
Reply 181
Original post by Myda
Hey,

You do have the correct idea, maybe its going wrong with what your working out? Your not including water or anything right?
Basically, first work out the moles of butan-1-ol and butyl ethanoate. Now if you look at the equation, ideally your supposed to get the same amount in moles right cos its in 1:1 ratio? But its not going to be so with the moles your going to get you apply the formula, with actual yield being that of what you actually got (moles of butyl ethanoate) divided by theoretical (moles of butan-1-ol) That help? Try again now and you should get it! :smile:

ohhh of course!! lol thankyouuuuuuuuuuuuu :biggrin:
If a 9mark question on the HARBER Proces comprimising condition comes up here's what to right:

If the pressure is increased, the rate of reaction is inceased as there are more particles closer together so more frequent collisons. The position of equilibrium moves to the right hans side as there are fewwer number of mole on this side so more ammonia is produced. However, if the pressure is too high this may be dangerous and expensive.

If the temperature is increared the rate of reaction increases as particles have more enrgy so exceed activation enrgy. The position of equilibrium moves to the left hand side as the forward reactionis exothermic. Hwever, if the temperature is too high ther wil be less yield of amonia. If the temperature is too low ther will be a slowr rate of reaction...

:smile:
Any other A2 resitters around? :smile:
Original post by JoeLatics

Hey, I'm resitting this paper

Yh I'm resiting this too :smile:
Original post by breezybabe05
Hey, I'm resitting this paper

Original post by Fatima0065
Yh I'm resiting this too :smile:

This is my second resit of this paper :biggrin: Got 102 last summer, 118 in June... Still think I can improve that so 3rd time lucky! :biggrin:

Yep- third time lucky I hope! :teehee:

Good luck to everyone else :crossedf:
This is my second resit of this paper :biggrin: Got 102 last summer, 118 in June... Still think I can improve that so 3rd time lucky! :biggrin:

wow! u genius I would be happy with 118...good luck anyway :smile: what UMS mark do you ant to get?? and have you got any tips :smile: thanks
Has anyone got any notes on pg 232 onwards (its about green chenistry sustainibilty and uses of C02)..it would be very helpful as i don't know what to revise for them pages :smile: thakyou
wow! u genius I would be happy with 118...good luck anyway :smile: what UMS mark do you ant to get?? and have you got any tips :smile: thanks

Need an A in Chem to meet my offer for Leeds Medicine you see, 118 wasn't bad but F322 is definitely easier than 324 or 325, so the logic is that it's easier to pull up a few more marks there than on the A2s! :biggrin:

I'm looking for 130 because then I'd 'only' need 70% UMS on the other papers given coursework and what I reckon I've got on F321.

Tips? Just be careful, don't drop stupid marks, there's nothing you won't be able to do on there :smile:
Reply 191
yup im resitting too! it's true i made mistakes by not reading the bloody question properly..!!!
Reply 192
any ideas of what may come up for the long markers..i think it may be those infrared spectrums where we have to find out structure of a compound i hate them.
Original post by Raj K
any ideas of what may come up for the long markers..i think it may be those infrared spectrums where we have to find out structure of a compound i hate them.

They're not too bad! You should have some sort of idea from the context of the question (it usually gives you an empirical formula, or tells you that it's the product of an oxidation of an alcohol, for example), so you'll have an idea of what sort of functional groups are there (if it's from oxidation of an alcohol it'll either be a carby acid, a ketone or an aldehyde). Test each of those hypotheses mentally by looking for those functional groups on the IR spec. When you have one that fits, and only then, start to write your answer :smile:
Reply 194
They're not too bad! You should have some sort of idea from the context of the question (it usually gives you an empirical formula, or tells you that it's the product of an oxidation of an alcohol, for example), so you'll have an idea of what sort of functional groups are there (if it's from oxidation of an alcohol it'll either be a carby acid, a ketone or an aldehyde). Test each of those hypotheses mentally by looking for those functional groups on the IR spec. When you have one that fits, and only then, start to write your answer :smile:

yeah lol compared to last time im a bit more confident on it lol hopefully this paper will not be that bad..i seriously need an A because you're right..compared to the A2 papers this is so easy
Reply 195
Original post by Patchey1000
Anyone know what raw mark got full ums in June 2011?

94+/100 :smile:
Reply 196
a bit confused if anyone's done the jan 2012 paper..Q) 2b).. i understand the C=O bit and that it can't be a carboxylic acid, but how do you get the Mr to be 86 and the structure? please help!
Reply 197
Original post by Raj K
a bit confused if anyone's done the jan 2012 paper..Q) 2b).. i understand the C=O bit and that it can't be a carboxylic acid, but how do you get the Mr to be 86 and the structure? please help!

They give you the mass and moles of it. Mass = Mr x Moles. Divide the mass by moles to get the mr.

From this I just use trial and error to get a structure for it

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 198

*Waves*
I'm also resitting F325 and sitting F324 so good luck to me.
I want to get 140 UMS+ for this paper isA
Reply 199
If a 9mark question on the HARBER Proces comprimising condition comes up here's what to right:

If the pressure is increased, the rate of reaction is inceased as there are more particles closer together so more frequent collisons. The position of equilibrium moves to the right hans side as there are fewwer number of mole on this side so more ammonia is produced. However, if the pressure is too high this may be dangerous and expensive.

If the temperature is increared the rate of reaction increases as particles have more enrgy so exceed activation enrgy. The position of equilibrium moves to the left hand side as the forward reactionis exothermic. Hwever, if the temperature is too high ther wil be less yield of amonia. If the temperature is too low ther will be a slowr rate of reaction...

:smile:

You are awesome :]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending