The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A F325 Equilibria, Energetics and Elements Wed 13 June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Why is Scandium not a transition element? Because i swear transition elements are the ones with a partially filled d sub shell and scandium is 3d1.?
Reply 141
Original post by moh.alt
Why is Scandium not a transition element? Because i swear transition elements are the ones with a partially filled d sub shell and scandium is 3d1.?

create ions with partially filled d sub shell. scandium loses it when it becomes an ion.
Reply 142
Original post by gimboid
create ions with partially filled d sub shell. scandium loses it when it becomes an ion.

Thank you!!!
Do we need to be able to label the hydrogen-oxygen fuel cell? From looking at the syllabus all I can see is that we need to know the equations at both electrodes.
A in my mock, feeling a bit better now I know I'm not a complete idiot and also now F322 is over :biggrin:
Original post by SpringNicht
A in my mock, feeling a bit better now I know I'm not a complete idiot and also now F322 is over :biggrin:

Jan2012 paper?
Original post by LifeIsGood
Jan2012 paper?

Yes indeedy :biggrin: Stuck it on the fridge I'm that chuffed, LOL!
Yes indeedy :biggrin: Stuck it on the fridge I'm that chuffed, LOL!

The paper doesn't seem too bad but neither of them do when you're not doing it as a final exam. Lots of silly errors that people can make and by people I mean me, small minor things but it's a lesson learnt :smile:
The paper doesn't seem too bad but neither of them do when you're not doing it as a final exam. Lots of silly errors that people can make and by people I mean me, small minor things but it's a lesson learnt :smile:

I think it's OK when you're not panicking thinking 'This is whats standing between me and uni omg no second chances omg' haha

Gonna keep at the papers until I'm getting above 90 on most, as I'd probably lose about 10 from mistakes...
I think it's OK when you're not panicking thinking 'This is whats standing between me and uni omg no second chances omg' haha

Gonna keep at the papers until I'm getting above 90 on most, as I'd probably lose about 10 from mistakes...

What'd you get on F324?
What'd you get on F324?

52, absolutely awful!

Resitting it this time round and feeling a lot more confident with all the synthetic routes now.

Been working out what I need for an A, I got 71 in F321, I'm thinking I've managed about 120 in F322 but if not original was 116, 52 in F323 and my teacher told me she's estimating 50 minimum for my F326.

So I need minimum 193 between these 2 units, which I could manage with 139 in this unit (doubtful!) or 70 in F324 and 120 in this...

Pressure lol

You on track for your offer?
52, absolutely awful!

Resitting it this time round and feeling a lot more confident with all the synthetic routes now.

Been working out what I need for an A, I got 71 in F321, I'm thinking I've managed about 120 in F322 but if not original was 116, 52 in F323 and my teacher told me she's estimating 50 minimum for my F326.

So I need minimum 193 between these 2 units, which I could manage with 139 in this unit (doubtful!) or 70 in F324 and 120 in this...

Pressure lol

Hmm it's tough :frown:
I need a B overall, still on a C I think. But I think I can manage it. I got a D on F324 due to silly mistakes - called my paper back.
Hmm it's tough :frown:
I need a B overall, still on a C I think. But I think I can manage it. I got a D on F324 due to silly mistakes - called my paper back.

I did the same haha, I was reading it like 'what drugs was I on when I did this?'

The worst one was deciding that a cyclic dimer would form a straight chain alkene when you added another dimer what :eek::colondollar: I don't even know where that came from!
I did the same haha, I was reading it like 'what drugs was I on when I did this?'

The worst one was deciding that a cyclic dimer would form a straight chain alkene when you added another dimer what :eek::colondollar: I don't even know where that came from!

I never get those types of questions, that's how I felt. It was a reasonable paper and I should've got atleast a high C/borderline B on it but I let myself down big time.
I never get those types of questions, that's how I felt. It was a reasonable paper and I should've got atleast a high C/borderline B on it but I let myself down big time.

We'll get them this time :wink: Examiners will just be like 'dayaaam gonna give them an A*' haha
We'll get them this time :wink: Examiners will just be like 'dayaaam gonna give them an A*' haha

Haha you bet :biggrin:
How you finding F325? I think half-lives will come in, it hasn't since June 2011
Reply 156
I am so unprepared for this exam! :frown:
Haha you bet :biggrin:
How you finding F325? I think half-lives will come in, it hasn't since June 2011

I like F325, more maths :colone:

I think half lives too, in a 'identify the order of x, y, z' then constructing equation and finding constant and such :smile: My teacher did a list of each topic saying how much it was on the last exam (I'll find it and stick it on here later) and she stuck a big star next to the graphs for each order so I'm thinking she agrees :wink:
Original post by Bright
I am so unprepared for this exam! :frown:

It's not for a few weeks yet, just throw yourself in now and it should all work out :biggrin:
Reply 159
52, absolutely awful!

Pressure lol

Wow, you have almost the same ums as me in each exam! I too need to blitz f325 and f324, going to be shaking like a leaf when it comes to it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending