The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Official 2012 Nottingham Trent Firmers!!

Scroll to see replies

is anyone staying in Goldsmiths :smile: ?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
is anyone doing film&tv or englisg lit? :smile:
Reply 182
I've finally booked my accommodation, after spending hours trying to figure out which block/flat/room i came up with the logical decision of going with block K for Kayley haha, anyone else in newhalls block k? ooo excited! :smile:
Original post by jonees93
Ahh, yahh i think so :smile: hopefully we'll find people who we are living with on here :smile:

Will probably see you around though:smile: and yeh hope so really want to know who I'm going to be living with haha :smile:
Gills treet 2nd floooooorrrrr anyone? block F :3
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 185
Original post by Hatti_Maguinness
is anyone staying in Goldsmiths :smile: ?

Me :biggrin:
genuinely need my unconditional to come through now! have to wait till tomorrow morning and its driving me insane! i want gill streetttt :frown: someone save me a space hahahahaa
alsooo, has anybody seen the en-suite bathrooms for gill street? i havent actually been to visit...clever of me i know.
Reply 188
Original post by frankpants
alsooo, has anybody seen the en-suite bathrooms for gill street? i havent actually been to visit...clever of me i know.

Ive had a look, i think there a decent size. There pretty much like a little wet room :smile: Really nice rooms and kitchen too :smile:
Reply 189
genuinely need my unconditional to come through now! have to wait till tomorrow morning and its driving me insane! i want gill streetttt :frown: someone save me a space hahahahaa

From what I've seen theres still plenty of spaces left in gill street :smile:
Reply 190
Ive had a look, i think there a decent size. There pretty much like a little wet room :smile: Really nice rooms and kitchen too :smile:

Do you knowif the rooms in gill are much better than sandby? Thanks!
had you already firmed when it was conditional? ive sent them now but i want to apply for my accomodation early but i already firmed...etcetc! so confusing :frown:

Yes I had already firmed, yours should change to unconditional very soon if it hasn't yet, hope it gets sorted soon so you can apply for accommodation :smile:
Reply 192
Original post by vn2009
Do you knowif the rooms in gill are much better than sandby? Thanks!

Well i personally think so, Gill streets more modern but its each to their own :smile: depends on how much you want to spend really.
Reply 193
They say a 1st at Trent is equivalent to a 3rd at Nottingham..
Reply 194
Original post by HuyTaa

If you dont like trent, why you commenting in here?

Stop trolling and go back to your cave :ahee:
Reply 195
Well i personally think so, Gill streets more modern but its each to their own :smile: depends on how much you want to spend really.

Cheers :smile:

Just trying to decide, only thing is gill is about £500 more than sandby for the accomodation, guess I need to do some more thinking.
Original post by HuyTaa

No that's not true. Many employers specify at least a 2.1 (2.2 in rare cases) to get onto grad schemes regardless of university attended. For postgraduate degrees universities often give out scholarships based upon degree classification - again regardless of university attened. Therefore, taking this into account, someone with a 3rd from Nottingham University would be at a major disadvantage to someone with a first from Trent University.

Having said that, employers do take into account GCSE and A-Levels grades too and given that the average entry is AAA at Nottingham and BBC at Trent, the Nottingham grads are at an advantage to the Trent students in this area. Again, it is important to rememeber it is not always black and white though as it is not always about academic achievement. Trent is one of the UK's leading universities for arranging placement years. This obviously enhances their student's employability by provding them which valueable work experience which is held in very high regard these days by employers.
Reply 197
Original post by ChelseaChip
I just firmed for Graphic Design, can't believe I've only just done it, I had to send my certificates off for it to be changed to unconditional too- only got changed yesterday then I come to firm it today and Ucas is under maintenance!!!! Somehow got through the ucas thing and sorted it- but I really want Gill street accommodation and apparently it goes really quickly? Obviously I haven't got my welcome pack yet either so no ID, am stressing out so much!!! Does anyone know if the accommodation opens at midnight on sunday? Cause I need time to phone them for my ID on monday! :'(

HEYYY!!!
I just firmed Graphics today! Guess ill see you in october! :biggrin:
Reply 198
Original post by SophieDW
Ah right okayy yeah i would think soo and im studying graphic design too! :smile: glad its all sorted now excited haa

Its all exciting ! WOW ! Go Graphic Design ! :biggrin:
Reply 199
Original post by kaz0805
HEYYY!!!
I just firmed Graphics today! Guess ill see you in october! :biggrin:

I'm doing Graphics too ! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending