The Student Room Group

Oxford/Cambridge College Decision

Okay so I'm literally just now on my way back from the University of Cambridge open day and I went to the Oxford one a week ago. I'm definitely thinking of applying to Oxford in October, but my favourite college overall was Jesus in Cambridge, for the fact that everything was on site, the facilities were great and the accomodation was brilliant and affordable (and the buildings were stunning but the look doesn't really sway things too much for me). Does anyone know any similar colleges in Oxford, not necessarily for looks but for facilities, accommodation, general vibe, etc.? Your help would be much appreciated!
okay, assuming the course at Oxford matches your academic interests, then the next thing to find out is which Colleges offer that course. Then work your way through that list to see which ones you like. College websites will usually list facilities etc.
Most people will tell you that all Colleges are friendly and welcoming, and offer subsidized accommodation for 2 or 3 years.
Original post by LunaMarch
Okay so I'm literally just now on my way back from the University of Cambridge open day and I went to the Oxford one a week ago. I'm definitely thinking of applying to Oxford in October, but my favourite college overall was Jesus in Cambridge, for the fact that everything was on site, the facilities were great and the accomodation was brilliant and affordable (and the buildings were stunning but the look doesn't really sway things too much for me). Does anyone know any similar colleges in Oxford, not necessarily for looks but for facilities, accommodation, general vibe, etc.? Your help would be much appreciated!

listen yeah you know what to do? apply to nottingham trent instead. Nottingham trent is the goat university, oxford and cambridge are nothing compared to nottingham trent
i don't know enough about the Oxford colleges

i would look at virtual tours of the colleges and see if i can experience the general vibration. i might post a question in an Oxford students Facebook group asking about the college

could you visit Oxford again?
Reply 4
Original post by beautifulworld
i don't know enough about the Oxford colleges

i would look at virtual tours of the colleges and see if i can experience the general vibration. i might post a question in an Oxford students Facebook group asking about the college

could you visit Oxford again?

Thanks for the tips! Sadly I live far too far away from Oxford so I won't be able to visit again before application

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending