The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Official 2012 Nottingham Trent Firmers!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vn2009
theres some ppl doing that on the facebook page, i can find it if u havent already got it?

I don't actually have a Facebook right now! :P but Twitter, maybe?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Hey what made you choose NTU? Looking for next year and it's just caught my eye. Also what sorts of grades were you expected to get?
Original post by winningjojo
Hey what made you choose NTU? Looking for next year and it's just caught my eye. Also what sorts of grades were you expected to get?

Well I went through clearing and got my place. The whole process was just real smooth and whatnot which is cool. Also, the uni is very local and yeahhh! But otherwise, it wasn't one of my choices for uni. The entry requirements are pretty high at first like, when you're doing your normal UCAS application but through clearing, it all seemed easier. :smile:

Ah this year I'd 260 points which I kinda already have even with 2 more a levels to finish this year so I'm sort of thinking maybe it's entry requirements are too low for me but that's sort of fighting with the fact the look of the campus/course/ work placement opportunities look good - confused much :/

Is 260 equivalent of BBC? I got an for my geog a level which I did early though - do you like NTU?

Ah this year I'd 260 points which I kinda already have even with 2 more a levels to finish this year so I'm sort of thinking maybe it's entry requirements are too low for me but that's sort of fighting with the fact the look of the campus/course/ work placement opportunities look good - confused much :/

Um yes, you sound pretty smart so I'd say you could go to another uni, maybe? (not that people who aren't smart go to NTU because that's definitely not the case, lol) if you want to do it, and you're happy with the university and stuff, you should go for it! Entry requirements are based on league tables and like how many people apply, I think, which is partly opinions (as well as actual results and whatnot) so yeah, how does that matter?! :P although what I would advise is that you check out some other unis too! If you want Nottingham, try out the actual University of Nottingham, that's pretty difficult to get into, haha. And I'm sure there are so many other unis with fab campuses, accommodation, work placement opportunities and etc! :smile:

Reply 986

My offer was for 3 B's and I got BBC and they still accepted me, it all depends on the trend of the results that they have received say, so don't just go on the grades cos a lot of uni's are quite lenient! But like everyone else has said look at other uni's too :smile: I choice NTU cos of how local it is and the career prospects from it, I also know people that have studied there so I knew it was a nice uni. Hope that helps :smile:

Original post by Alice9
My offer was for 3 B's and I got BBC and they still accepted me, it all depends on the trend of the results that they have received say, so don't just go on the grades cos a lot of uni's are quite lenient! But like everyone else has said look at other uni's too :smile: I choice NTU cos of how local it is and the career prospects from it, I also know people that have studied there so I knew it was a nice uni. Hope that helps :smile:

Yeah the BBB is fine I already have an A at geography a level which I took early and a further BCCD at as which I've just completed so my predictions are a bit wierd ABC which makes it hard as they're not consistent enough for ABB unis hence strarted looking at BBB unis but 260 is like BBC which is why I'm not sure whether this uni course will be challenging enough etc I have looked at quite a few unis now with varying grades but choosing is so hard!! Thanks for all your help though :smile:

Original post by _iambored
Um yes, you sound pretty smart so I'd say you could go to another uni, maybe? (not that people who aren't smart go to NTU because that's definitely not the case, lol) if you want to do it, and you're happy with the university and stuff, you should go for it! Entry requirements are based on league tables and like how many people apply, I think, which is partly opinions (as well as actual results and whatnot) so yeah, how does that matter?! :P although what I would advise is that you check out some other unis too! If you want Nottingham, try out the actual University of Nottingham, that's pretty difficult to get into, haha. And I'm sure there are so many other unis with fab campuses, accommodation, work placement opportunities and etc! :smile:

Yeah university of Nottingham is AAA for geog - unlikely to happen somehow I think :/ but that looks great too!!

Reply 989
i will be doing MA in International Development as a part timer. anyone know how the timetable is like for this course?
Reply 990
Got my confirmation about a week ago for photography/photography in Europe.
Where's every one staying??
Original post by Saphire_93
Do people normally take their laptops for taking notes? Are people planning to for the coming year? (doing law btw)

I think I might be taking my laptop, but Im probs more confident writing down on paper, then typing up after?
Reply 992
It says that I can collect my room keys on the 21st of September, but Welcome Week starts on the 24th. What do you do for the 3 days in between?
Reply 993
Original post by beeen94
It says that I can collect my room keys on the 21st of September, but Welcome Week starts on the 24th. What do you do for the 3 days in between?

Guess we just get settled in and party :biggrin:
Original post by beeen94

The Freshers events start from the 21st
Going to study Animal Biology at Brackenhurst, I was wondering what it's like and if alot of people living there go out into the centre alot for a night out?
When is everyone moving in? I was thinking of the 24th, not quite sure now tho.
Original post by Emeraaaaldx
I think I might be taking my laptop, but Im probs more confident writing down on paper, then typing up after?

I don't know what to do about this either! it's more of an effort to take in a laptop and then to type my stuff up. I reckon a pen and paper is much easier? does anyone else know anything we'll need? like along the lines of this sort of stuff?

Is anyone buying the Microsoft Office University software? If so where are you getting from? And can you get discount from the university?
Original post by _iambored
I don't know what to do about this either! it's more of an effort to take in a laptop and then to type my stuff up. I reckon a pen and paper is much easier? does anyone else know anything we'll need? like along the lines of this sort of stuff?

What subject are you taking?

And if anyone is taking Law, do we need to buy any textbooks/ books before we start the course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending