The Student Room Group
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe

Buckinghamshire new university!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by koliver3
I'm currently writing my personal statement in a rush to apply to do Music Management starting this September. Wish me luck, hopefully I'll see some of you guys!

PS Is anybody here a mature student? I finished my A Levels in 2010 so I feel old haha!

I think I'm classified as one - but I'm applying for post-grad
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe
I'll be starting an art foundation in september!
Reply 42
I've put this down as my insurance choice. Haven't even been to an open day, so what's it like in Buckinghamshire?
Original post by C-Dawg
I've put this down as my insurance choice. Haven't even been to an open day, so what's it like in Buckinghamshire?

I'm not going here. But I can tell you, Buckinghamshire isn't very interesting.

I think Bucks is quite boring really...there's nothing fun to actually do.
We always go to London to spend our free time since there's nothing to do here :frown:
Reply 44
Original post by x-Sophie-x
I'm not going here. But I can tell you, Buckinghamshire isn't very interesting.

I think Bucks is quite boring really...there's nothing fun to actually do.
We always go to London to spend our free time since there's nothing to do here :frown:

I agree
Reply 45
Aw man, that bad? No decent clubs or anything?
Looks like it's either Nottingham or nothing then :frown:
Original post by C-Dawg
Aw man, that bad? No decent clubs or anything?
Looks like it's either Nottingham or nothing then :frown:

Nope it's sh*t to say the least.
Reply 47
Original post by Emmense
I've accepted a place for pg dip nursing at their uxbridge campus! Has anyone else firmed nursing for here?

Hi, I have been invited for interview on 21st june for PGDip mental health nursing, any tips?
Thanks
Reply 48
Original post by ohense
Hi, I have been invited for interview on 21st june for PGDip mental health nursing, any tips?
Thanks

Hey there's so many applicants! I'd just reccommend being well informed about the NHS at present etc.!
Reply 49
Can't wait to start Event and Festival Management here in September!
Just paid my £300 deposit for halls , everyone else recieved their halls info? :-)
Reply 50
Original post by cuddles050
Can't wait to start Event and Festival Management here in September!
Just paid my £300 deposit for halls , everyone else recieved their halls info? :-)

I'm doing music and live events management next year :smile: paid my deposit a couple of days ago too - so tempted to spend it cuz I can still see it in my account :frown: which halls did you apply to? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 51
Original post by Becs261093
I'm doing music and live events management next year :smile: paid my deposit a couple of days ago too - so tempted to spend it cuz I can still see it in my account :frown: which halls did you apply to? :smile:

That looks like a really good course too! : ) same aha i keep looking in my account and see the 300 there, want them to take it out before i spend it! i applied for halls in order of cheapest first, so brook street first to give me more money from my loan to spend on other things :smile: how about you? x
Reply 52
Original post by cuddles050
That looks like a really good course too! : ) same aha i keep looking in my account and see the 300 there, want them to take it out before i spend it! i applied for halls in order of cheapest first, so brook street first to give me more money from my loan to spend on other things :smile: how about you? x

I applied for hughenden en suite then studio then windsor en suite then studio :smile: I need my own bathroom!!! :tongue:

I'm about to go into my second year at bucks and will be a freshers helper for all of you starting this year. If you have any questions feel free to ask :smile:

As for the social side, even though it's a small town the student union holds a lot of events especially on wednesday and friday, so there is always something to do.

I'm on Music Management and Artist Development so I can help answer any questions about any of the music management strands. If you're not sure you should really go to an open day as you find out so much stuff and get a real feel for the uni :smile:
Reply 54
I'm also doing music and live events management, really can't wait for it to start now. Does anybody know when the £300 deposit will be taken from my account? Also when will i hear anything back regarding whether they have recieved my payment details, contract, etc.
Reply 55
Hi I see lots of music management people here :smile: I would like to ask if any of you has applied to university of hertfordshire too for music and entertainment industry management :smile:if not why and if so, why did you choose bucks? :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by lee_32
I'm also doing music and live events management, really can't wait for it to start now. Does anybody know when the £300 deposit will be taken from my account? Also when will i hear anything back regarding whether they have recieved my payment details, contract, etc.

Seen as you're on the same course as me I shall share my pearls of wisdom :tongue:
Apparently the money is being taken out "in the next couple of weeks" :smile:

Reply 57
Original post by Becs261093
Seen as you're on the same course as me I shall share my pearls of wisdom :tongue:
Apparently the money is being taken out "in the next couple of weeks" :smile:

Thanks, just wanted to make sure i've got nothing to worry about :smile:
Original post by Emmense
I've accepted a place for pg dip nursing at their uxbridge campus! Has anyone else firmed nursing for here?

yes i have :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by headge20493h
yes i have :smile:

Which branch? Are you for Sept or Feb?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending