The Student Room Group

Being let down?!

Yeah so arranged that I would meet up with someone tonight around 12ish, this was about 6 that we discussed this. By 10 I'd not heard anything, so I gave it until 11 because I'd need time to get there, it's now 12 and I've texted but not heard anything back :frown: Really annoyed and feel let down, why arrange something and then just not go ahead with it? I feel like I'm fighting a lost cause already and we're not even with each other yet, just dating supposedly... :frown:
Reply 1
Don't panic, there is often a perfectly reasonable explanation to these situations. From the timings it seems you are (understandably) posting in the heat of the moment, but chill out and reassess in the morning. I'm sure he/she will apologise.
Reply 2
Original post by Joist
Don't panic, there is often a perfectly reasonable explanation to these situations. From the timings it seems you are (understandably) posting in the heat of the moment, but chill out and reassess in the morning. I'm sure he/she will apologise.

I know, just feel like I've put my whole night on hold so that I could see him and now it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Rather annoyed, and if he didn't want to see me I wish he'd just tell me. He wants to see me when it suits him only, not when might be ok for me too.
Reply 3
As a bloke, I would advise to simply be careful with him. Don't accommodate his every request, make him see that you won't just be a drunken plaything or whatever for him. But this let down sounds at the moment (i.e. without an explanation from him) like the actions of a dick. You've every right to be hacked off here from what you've said, don't go out of your way to let him know that but also don't overlook it. Don't text him first tomorrow, let him apologise. If he doesn't, perhaps give him a 'wtf' text. But it seems he's out of order, so don't let yourself forget that. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Joist
As a bloke, I would advise to simply be careful with him. Don't accommodate his every request, make him see that you won't just be a drunken plaything or whatever for him. But this let down sounds at the moment (i.e. without an explanation from him) like the actions of a dick. You've every right to be hacked off here from what you've said, don't go out of your way to let him know that but also don't overlook it. Don't text him first tomorrow, let him apologise. If he doesn't, perhaps give him a 'wtf' text. But it seems he's out of order, so don't let yourself forget that. :smile:

I don't know if he's being a dick, because I know him quite well and he's never seemed like one to me. Or if it's a genuine reason like he's just not got signal or something. Yesterday he said we would do something tonight, and he did earlier in the evening too. I know he was busy until like 12, maybe it's just gone over and he can't get in touch with me. I hope so anyway :/ because I'm actually starting to really like him, but can feel myself getting hurt already by the way he's let me down tonight! I'm probably reading too much into it, but i can only see him every so often because of uni and I'm always 100 miles away, so it's not easy to see him. He seems to think I can just drop everything and go when he wants me :frown:
Reply 5
Definitely stop worrying about it tonight. By tomorrow evening, you'll probably wonder what you were so worried about. If you're right about him, then there is no reason that he won't have a valid excuse, however if you've come 100 miles to see him and he's done this then I'd be slightly worried...let's be honest, how long is 'no signal' really a problem during a night? I really hope you haven't gone 100 miles to see him and he hasn't replied to where to meet. :frown: He has a lot of explaining to do if so.

Sorry I know this post is really contradictory, but it is fairly depending on whether your meeting tonight is the result of coincidentally being at the same place, home or whatever, or whether you've gone to see him.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Joist
Definitely stop worrying about it tonight. By tomorrow evening, you'll probably wonder what you were so worried about. If you're right about him, then there is no reason that he won't have a valid excuse, however if you've come 100 miles to see him and he's done this then I'd be slightly worried...let's be honest, how long is 'no signal' really a problem during a night? I really hope you haven't gone 100 miles to see him and he hasn't replied to where to meet. :frown: He has a lot of explaining to do if so.

I haven't specifically come to see him, I was home this weekend anyway for family stuff but was hoping to see him and just presumed I would from what he's been saying before. There's always tomorrow. But I think it's a slight piss-take that he said 'Yeah come over' and I've not heard a thing off him since then. I just really like him, and feel like it's already bad and it's not even started yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending