The Student Room Group

What's your default web browser? (What web browser do you use most often).

For example Edge, Opera, Firefox, Chrome, DuckDuckGo, Yahoo etc?

Edge for me despite Bing being a bad search engine.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Talkative Toad
For example Edge, Opera, Firefox, Chrome, DuckDuckGo, Yahoo etc?

Edge for me despite Bing being a bad search engine.

I tend to use either chrome or safari!
Reply 2
mine is firefox due to it being the only truly non-chromium browser, being much more private and safe and having the ability to download many many extensions (including ublock origin, an adblocker that is unparalled in its efficiency) without slowing down my laptop. firefox mobile also lets you download ublock origin as well as a few other extensions. i switched to firefox around a year ago and never regretted it ^^ (smiley face emoticon) it lets you transfer over bookmarks and any saved passwords so the switch is pretty much seamless - definitely recommend :biggrin:
Original post by scar-the-queen
I tend to use either chrome or safari!

The standard then.
on my laptop- edge
Firefox
brave
I'm a firefox guy :smile:

I love the Tree Style Tab system, really helps me keep on top of everything I'm doing :biggrin:
Reply 8
Safari and opera. Absolutely hate edge but have to use it for certain tax returns that won’t load correctly with opera.
Original post by Euapp
Safari and opera. Absolutely hate edge but have to use it for certain tax returns that won’t load correctly with opera.

Why do you hate edge?
Reply 10
Original post by Talkative Toad
Why do you hate edge?

I just don’t like the way it’s presented and the interfaces with the French tax offices when I use edge aren’t the same as with Opera so that keeping copies of submitted documents isn’t as easy.
i used firefox for many years but recently switched to chrome because it runs faster on my laptop which is slowing down
Reply 12
Original post by yeet_21
i used firefox for many years but recently switched to chrome because it runs faster on my laptop which is slowing down

I used to use Firefox as well.
Original post by Euapp
I just don’t like the way it’s presented and the interfaces with the French tax offices when I use edge aren’t the same as with Opera so that keeping copies of submitted documents isn’t as easy.

Fair
Reply 14
safari cuz my devices are all Apple!
Chrome, too lazy to put thought into it.
Reply 16
On my phone, I use Firefox most of the time whilst I prefer to use Edge more often on my laptop.
Safari on my phone, Edge on my work computer and then Brave on my personal laptop.
Reply 18
Edge simply for the fact bing offers rewards, for example I’ve claimed 2x £10 vouchers over about a year or so
Original post by gglr
Edge simply for the fact bing offers rewards, for example I’ve claimed 2x £10 vouchers over about a year or so

That's a good point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending