The Student Room Group

TSR Top Gear Society

Scroll to see replies

Gaskell
Check the www.bbc.co.uk/topgear site - theres a bit that says "Watch This Week's Episode" :smile:

lol I had been on that page and I have no idea how I missed that, I must have thought that writing was just part of the picture.
Reply 61
sign me in :biggrin:
Reply 62
Oh Dear, the Mercedes thing that Jeremy made.. hilarious when Richard fell out of hit chair... :rofl:
Reply 63
Sign me up too :biggrin: such a crazy programme....only Clarkson would drive round a circle of cones until he was sick
Reply 64
:rofl:

That was crazy, that car was crazy, and to make him sick was even crazier :eek:
Greetings.

I'm new to the society. I'm currently doing AS Chem, maths, politics, economics. I watch Top Gear everytime, and have a monthly subscription of their magazine.

Anyway, is there anybody in here that is annoyed by Jeremy Clarkson's biasness towards Mercedes Benz?
Reply 66
Welcome sixthformer18. The magazine is cool :yy:

Nah, i like Clarksons attitude, especially towards the cars he dislikes and Mercs. He adds a bit of fun to it. And proves you ain't got to say the car is amazign just because its from Merc or a Massive company alike. :smile:
Reply 67
i love top gear! it has to be the best show ever created!!! can i get a sign up pls? :biggrin:
I think Jeremy Clarkson was right in pointing out that Hybrid cars from Toyota and Lexus aren't as environmentally friendly as claimed.

i.e. a Volkswagen Polo TDI, although emits marginally more CO2 than Prius, actually does 20 mpg more than the Prius.
Reply 69
Sign me up! TG is an absolute gem, and has been a source of mirth on sunday evenings for many years.

btw, there are old videos going back several series as well on topgear.com, like VW gets struck by lightning, nuns in monster truck, etc.
stupid worldcup...i want top gear
Reply 71
siwi
Sign me up! TG is an absolute gem, and has been a source of mirth on sunday evenings for many years.

btw, there are old videos going back several series as well on topgear.com, like VW gets struck by lightning, nuns in monster truck, etc.

Go to society List, and click 'Join Society' :wink:

Ill check them old Videos out soon :smile:

Phoenix CG

:ditto:

Bloody crap.

Top Gear is much better then the world cup. :smile:
Reply 72
Phoenix CG

Me too. I'm missing it not being on. :frown:
Reply 73
The should only cancel Top Gear when theres something important on - only England matches are important enough, and our game in tomorrow!
World cup is in BBC1 (and ITV1). Topgear is in BBC2.

Why stop it?

Topgear is the only oasis, a sanctuary for me, a worldcuphobe person.
Reply 75
Because if they show the World Cup Matches at the ame time as Top Gear, it will loose alot of viewers. And the BBC wouldn't want that.

:frown:

Anth
The should only cancel Top Gear when theres something important on - only England matches are important enough, and our game in tomorrow!

Couldn't be more wrong about England games only being important. Maybe to you, but there are different nationalities living in UK too you know :p:
A.ndrew
Because if they show the World Cup Matches at the ame time as Top Gear, it will loose alot of viewers. And the BBC wouldn't want that.

:frown:

Couldn't be more wrong about England games only being important. Maybe to you, but there are different nationalities living in UK too you know :p:

I know. They don't need to air the two shows simultaneously, anyway. It's just tongue-in-cheek thing.

If they need to suspend Topgear to maintain their 'productive efficiency', then that's fair enough.

I might consider myself a different nationality, because I actually support a different team.
missing the boys loads. have resorted to watching old epis - but its not as good as the recent stuff!
i watch the 3 year old or so repeats on ukg2 i think it is on sky, normally on in the mornings lol, but i wanna see new stuff. can't wait till the 17th
Reply 79
UKTV People (and +1) every few hours :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest