The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Life at Herts - Everything Apart from the Studying!

There is more to university than just studying! Here at Herts they really empathise this with opportunities to meet new people and create new memories in their many social spaces, events and societies that are on offer to every student!

As a third year student, although extremely busy I am aiming to take advantage of all the benefits of being at University in my last year.

Social Activities
During this semester I joined some events of the Filipino society, this was a games night where we shared food and lots of laugher! In previous years I was president of this society so it is great to be able to join in as it is only literally downstairs from my room!
There are many active societies at Herts; ranging from cultural, religious to common interests. For example we have societies ranging from poker, skiing to a whole society fully of Swifties! There is something for everyone! On top of that there are many sports clubs from casual activities, like Yoga (my personal favourite) to competitive teams - you will be able to represent Herts nation wide!

Social Spaces
At Herts we have our very own night club and bar on campus. The famous Forum, is where all the parties happen throughout the week; from RnB vs Reggaton, ABBA night to 90s vs 00s - these are just a few examples of the event themes the forum puts on. And of course, student night club; student prices! Enjoy a night out - or two every week.

The Ele house is the on campus bar, if you are more of a chilled out, night out person; then this is the place for you. They serve food; host quiz nights and my personal favourite karaoke every week! A couple of weeks ago I went to the Taylor Swift night and the vibes were immaculate✨

Travel & Exploring
Other benefits of this uni is that it is only a 25 minute train ride away from London and another beautiful day out destination near by is St Albans. Another thing I know best is that it has great travel links to some airports, with a bus ride away from London Luton airport and London Stanstead airport - it makes it even easier to explore the rest of Europe with friends you meet here!

Job Opportunities💵
Looking for a way to make money? There are lots of student jobs around campus, these are extremely flexible so you can make some money in between your studies. This year I became a community events assistant, working as part of Herts Student Union to bring exciting and interactive events to campus. Aswell as a Student Ambassador, a representative for the University; on top of that I am also a TSR ambassador! Getting to share my experiences here at Herts with you all! Not only do they pay well, you get to meet and work with other students, it is so much fun - it doesn’t even feel like work!

There are many opportunities to make new friends and memories here at Herts!
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending