The Student Room Group

Unpopular Food and Drink Opinions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Hate mushrooms, salmon, anchovies and mustard.
I really really don't like marshmallows.
Original post by MoonGazer
I love chips and gravy, whereas my boyfriend insists that it's just plain wrong.

I'm with your boyfriend on this.

I also quite like jacket potatoes, whereas he sees them as a pointless food that he hates - what are your thoughts on these foods?

I love jacket potatoes as an alternative to chips.
Cream is only acceptable in sour cream or squirty-cream-moustache varieties!

Brussels sprouts are awesome

Beef is overrated, especially supermarket beef - bland and plasticky

I just don't get Jaffa Cakes or Jammie Dodgers
Reply 144
Not a big fan of prawns.
Reply 145
Ketchup :colondollar: no thanks
Heinz Spaghetti in a tin is infinitely better cold.

And mashed potato sandwiches are deliiiicious. :cool:
Reply 147
Original post by Pi!
Bacon is just ok. It's not worth starting a fight over.

Ketchup goes in the fridge.

Scone rhymes with tone.

Cream first, then jam on scones.

You're wrong on many levels, bacon IS worth starting a fight over, nothing beats a hangover like a bacon butty!

Ketchup (tomato sauce) goes in the cupboard (who wanta hot chips and COLD sauce?! makes ZERO sense)

Scone does NOT rhyme with tone

and it makes no difference which way the cream and jam go on the scone since it tastes the same anyways.
Reply 148
Pork - eurgh! what is with that?! its GREY when it's cooked (or i think it is) and its tasteless you need to cover it in herbs and such for it to have any kind of flavour

chutney - devils work, il leave it at that.

Olives, everything about them is awful!

people who have like grated cheddar and gravy are minging! sorry but you are NOT normal haha
Reply 149
I basically eat everything :smile:
...but sometimes crave a spoonful of coleslaw ?!?
gets me dodgy looks when people come over and i just go in the fridge armed with a spoon
Original post by RinniieX
Pork - eurgh! what is with that?! its GREY when it's cooked (or i think it is) and its tasteless you need to cover it in herbs and such for it to have any kind of flavour

chutney - devils work, il leave it at that.

Olives, everything about them is awful!

people who have like grated cheddar and gravy are minging! sorry but you are NOT normal haha

I don't think you're cooking pork right! I usually season with salt and pepper, then place it in the open door grill for 13 mins (2 cm thick steak) at the highest grill temp- it's perfect with some charing on the fat and really yummy to eat. It is definitely not grey!

But I agree on the grated cheese- urgh, just buy real cheese and eat it! Tastes so much better.
Reply 151
Original post by butter_god
I don't think you're cooking pork right! I usually season with salt and pepper, then place it in the open door grill for 13 mins (2 cm thick steak) at the highest grill temp- it's perfect with some charing on the fat and really yummy to eat. It is definitely not grey!

But I agree on the grated cheese- urgh, just buy real cheese and eat it! Tastes so much better.

oh i dont cook! the most i cook is microwave food and stuff on the hob! haha just any time ive ate pork its just gone through me! yack! haha
I don't like chocolate that much....
Sprouts are delicious, especially with gravy, lovely.
Reply 154
Lucozade original, it just tastes so bland compared to the other flavours.
Reply 155
Bananas are in horrible, aside from that I like all other foods.
I don't like ice cream.
Or marshmallow.
Or cream.

These apparently make me very strange :frown:
There is no serious evidence to suggest that organic food is in any way better for you.
Reply 158
I had Chang Beer while eating Curry - quite an experience - pretty great - i'd suggest it.
Got the idea from this food combo competition that they went around Thailand taking cool pics of places to have beer - worth a check out - search in facebook " live like you mean it"
I hate ketchup, but absolutely adore garlic mayonnaise instead :biggrin:

Also agree with the person who likes gravy and chips

Quick Reply

Latest