The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of bath accommodation - Polden court

Hi I was just assigned with Polden court as my accommodation but I am not sure that I want the eat and drink credit that comes along with it as I will have to pay an additional £50 per week. Is there anyway that I could stay at the accommodation and not have the eat and drink credit included in my overall room rental fee?
Hi, if you decide against this accommodation please do let me know my son is keen to get a room in Polden Court!
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by aleenahusain
Hi I was just assigned with Polden court as my accommodation but I am not sure that I want the eat and drink credit that comes along with it as I will have to pay an additional £50 per week. Is there anyway that I could stay at the accommodation and not have the eat and drink credit included in my overall room rental fee?

You have to pay the eat and drink credit unfortunately. It is part of the accommodation.
Original post by DEELEY09
Hi, if you decide against this accommodation please do let me know my son is keen to get a room in Polden Court!

Did you son get an accommodation? We're looking for accommodation for my son and it's so hard as most of them are gone. :frown:
Reply 4
Did your son accept the accommodation in Polden Court? If so, has he enjoyed living there and please tell me some positive stuff about it? My son has just been signed his contract for a large ensuite at Polden Court and can’t find out much online about it. Thank you.
Original post by TayVizMum
Did your son accept the accommodation in Polden Court? If so, has he enjoyed living there and please tell me some positive stuff about it? My son has just been signed his contract for a large ensuite at Polden Court and can’t find out much online about it. Thank you.

I stayed in this accommodation during my resits this month, it was a double bed and large ensuite. Its worth it in my opinion, and if you have food credit left at the end of first year then it carries on until second year as well. You can spend it anywhere on campus apart from Fresh, which is basically a coop. There is so much storage in the room and 2-3 kitchens per floor. Also a mini fridge as well in the room
Reply 6
Thank you for this information. Do all the rooms have baths or showers? Can you remember which room numbers you stayed in? My son is on the first floor which I believe has a slightly different lay out to those on the ground floor.
Original post by TayVizMum
Thank you for this information. Do all the rooms have baths or showers? Can you remember which room numbers you stayed in? My son is on the first floor which I believe has a slightly different lay out to those on the ground floor.

the ground floor rooms start with no.1 (e.g 1.01), is that where your son is at? Otherwise the second floor (basically first floor) rooms start with 2 if that makes sense?. I’m not so sure as i only stayed for 3 weeks, but i had a double bed, large room on the first floor up and there are 2 kitchens there. i know that 1 floor does has 3 kitchens i believe. And all rooms will have an en-suite, mine was a shower.
Reply 8
Original post by DEELEY09

Bath's room-swap procedure - https://www.bath.ac.uk/guides/moving-rooms-in-university-accommodation/

Quick Reply

Latest