The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Can anybody recommend anywhere in or around the East Midlands for a VCH? Experience of the piercer is more important to me than the cost / location, however somewhere reasonably priced near Loughborough would be nice.
Reply 5861
Original post by parpirate
Can anybody recommend anywhere in or around the East Midlands for a VCH? Experience of the piercer is more important to me than the cost / location, however somewhere reasonably priced near Loughborough would be nice.

I can unrecommend Access All Areas in Nottingham - JP there did mine and it wasn't a great experience. In case you think I'm biased, there are experiences on BME who agree with this.

But if you want a daytrip to London then Darren is amazing - he did my fourchette and that's a piercing not many piercers can do.
Septum piercing booked for Sat :ninja:
Original post by Juno
I can unrecommend Access All Areas in Nottingham - JP there did mine and it wasn't a great experience. In case you think I'm biased, there are experiences on BME who agree with this.

But if you want a daytrip to London then Darren is amazing - he did my fourchette and that's a piercing not many piercers can do.

Thank you, I don't really have time to travel to London at the moment (grr uni work) but I've been wanting to get it done for a while so could probably wait.
Got my Tragus done yesterday (First piercing) and I LOVE it. Can't wait to get something else. Not sure what else I should get though...
Original post by Ryan-Hetherington
Got my Tragus done yesterday (First piercing) and I LOVE it. Can't wait to get something else. Not sure what else I should get though...

Congrats!
You don't know what you've got yourself into though!
They're addictive!
Original post by Popppppy
Congrats!
They're addictive!

Never a truer word was spoken.
Reply 5867

I want a tragus piercing! Did it hurt? :ninja:
Original post by Cybele
I want a tragus piercing! Did it hurt? :ninja:

It didn't hurt while it was being done (Although, when she was pulling string through it, I felt like I was going to have a stroke), but it's really sore now.
Original post by Popppppy
Congrats!
They're addictive!

Haha, It's a good kind of addiction though,
Reply 5870
It didn't hurt while it was being done (Although, when she was pulling string through it, I felt like I was going to have a stroke), but it's really sore now.

WTF?! Why was there string?! What kind of crazy crappy piercer did you go to?!
Original post by Juno
WTF?! Why was there string?! What kind of crazy crappy piercer did you go to?!

Everyone I know that has had a Tragus done, had to have something pulled through. she said it was string although, I didn't stop her and ask while having it done :P
Everyone I know that has had a Tragus done, had to have something pulled through. she said it was string although, I didn't stop her and ask while having it done :P

:lolwut:

Pretty sure I didn't have string pulled through my ear when having my tragus pierced....

Sounds like I missed out :colondollar:
Original post by Yellow-nutshell
:lolwut:

Pretty sure I didn't have string pulled through my ear when having my tragus pierced....

Sounds like I missed out :colondollar:

I don't remember anything being pulled through mine :s-smilie: didn't really pay that much attention, I was just sat there like ahhhhhh! Haha
Could mean the plastic tube that is sometimes on the end of hollow needles.
Original post by Nynyflower
Could mean the plastic tube that is sometimes on the end of hollow needles.

Yeah I was thinking this.
Cannula, more often used by piercers in Europe
Reply 5876
Even so, a good piercer would explain the procedure and not lie to say it's string
Original post by Juno
Even so, a good piercer would explain the procedure and not lie to say it's string

They may have done - I just wasn't listening.
When can I change the stud that they put in to something else?
When I had my cartilages and tragus done, I thought I felt that they were pulling something through. These were all done in the same studio. Hmm. Definitely wasn't string though!!

They're a great studio, had no problems with them. Thinking about getting my septum done now but with already having my lip pierced... I'm not sure if that would be too much...
Reply 5879
They may have done - I just wasn't listening.
When can I change the stud that they put in to something else?

Well, you've previously said that the piercer said it was string...

And also, if it was a cannula it shouldn't really hurt when being pulled through.

You can change it in about 6 months.

Quick Reply

Latest