The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Have a labret stud in my tragus, but the screw ball bit keeps falling out and it's really annoying!! Then I have to trek back to my piercer to either buy a new one or to get her to put it back in for me cos I find it really difficult to to it round the back... Can anyone suggest anything to help it stay in!?
xx

Ps: Piercer isn't it today apparently so the next day I'm gonna be able to go back is Friday, or maybe even Monday... (Wednesday now) It won't close up will it? It's about 4 1/2 months old
It may close up - 4 1/2 months isn't really that long.

There is a 'ball holder' which is helpful when putting balls back onto jewellery.
Google; Body Jewellery Shop or Pierceit Shop for prices of ball holders.
Ilora-Danon
It may close up - 4 1/2 months isn't really that long.

There is a 'ball holder' which is helpful when putting balls back onto jewellery.
Google; Body Jewellery Shop or Pierceit Shop for prices of ball holders.

Hmm, may have to invest in one of those.

Bit of a problem that I don't have one right now, though :s xx
Pamplemousse22
Ps: Piercer isn't it today apparently so the next day I'm gonna be able to go back is Friday, or maybe even Monday... (Wednesday now) It won't close up will it? It's about 4 1/2 months old

It probably will close up. I couldn't leave my any of my lip studs out for more than a couple of hours for at least six months or so - my monroe still starts to close in two hours and I had it done a year ago!

Maybe you're unknowingly buying crappy quality jewellery? Sometimes the threads on body jewellery just aren't very well cut, and it means you can't properly tighten the ball up. Try a different supplier.

You could buy a ball with a larger diameter to use in emergencies - it'll look a bit silly until you can get to the piercer but they're less fiddley to screw on than small ones. Also, put talcum powder on your hands before you try and screw it back on, anything that makes your fingers drier and less slippy is good :smile:
It's already closed up twice when it fell out and it's damn painful to get it repierced :frown: xx
Pamplemousse22
It's already closed up twice when it fell out and it's damn painful to get it repierced :frown: xx

Yup :frown: third time lucky though!

Guess all you can do is make sure you have plenty of useful supplies for take three...
Hey everyone.
New to the thread...

I'm really getting into piercings and tattoos at the moment. I got second holes in my ears around 4 weeks ago and I'm now looking into getting either my nose or eyebrow done next.

I also really want a tattoo on my left shoulder. Was thinking of getting a quill & ink design (since writing is my life and I hope to be published some day).
I've wanted a tattoo for years and my Mum and I were going to go together and get ours done last year, but the whole pain idea is what has been off-putting.
Dont let pain put you off.. it feels kind of like a stinging nettle. Continuous, but not too intense - nothing like the pain of peircings!

Quill and ink sounds really good..
A quill and ink sounds gorgeous, I can just picture it!! Do it!!! And when you have, we want a picture..... :wink:
Tattoo idea, based on my Record label logo (drawn on with eyeliner). thoughts?
Reply 790
Loved the design^ looks really original im gettin into piercings at the mo their so addicting! Have nose labret one on each ear at the mo considering nipple anyone have a pain rating for nipple?
SoundDevastation
Dont let pain put you off.. it feels kind of like a stinging nettle. Continuous, but not too intense - nothing like the pain of peircings!

Quill and ink sounds really good..

:eek: I hate stinging nettle pain, and I'm gonna have one done in October :redface:
SoundDevastation
Tattoo idea, based on my Record label logo (drawn on with eyeliner). thoughts?
I'm really not keen if I'm really honest. Looks a bit pagan/druid-esque, which isn't to my taste. But if you like it :wink:
Reply 793
I'm getting my tattoo done next Wednesday ^_^ I shall, of course, post pics
Ilora-Danon
I'm really not keen if I'm really honest. Looks a bit pagan/druid-esque, which isn't to my taste. But if you like it :wink:

hmmm i like it less looking at it now.. might just get the logo and i can add too it another time!

trying the find the best place to get my labrets at the mo... anyone recommend anywhere in Nottingham that isnt Access All Areas (v. expensive) or Bodycraft (dont get a good vibe)?
Hisoo
Loved the design^ looks really original im gettin into piercings at the mo their so addicting! Have nose labret one on each ear at the mo considering nipple anyone have a pain rating for nipple?

Without a shadow of a doubt the most painful piercing I've ever had, and I've have a lot of piercings (various lip ones, nose, ears, hood, belly, eyebrow, dermal anchors...).
i'm going to have to retire my tongue web because of the dentist :frown:
at least it gives me something to look forward to - getting it repierced! :biggrin:
January Victim.. where do you go in Notts?

im getting my labrets done on saturday!! then going to france the day after! any specific healing tips, or just the usual? never had an oral peircing before, i bet saline tastes yuk :frown:

anyway, i want them placed similar to this girls:

So how do you people feel about scarifacation for artistic purposes?

I know for alot of people is still kind of an eew,ohh,eurgh taboo, but I've seen some pretty nice stuff, and really its not all that much diferant from a tattoo.

I absoloutly love this, and have been a bit fixated ever since.

http://modblog.bmezine.com/wp-content/uploads/200701081407-pix1.jpg

I just love how it looks so natural, and you get an effect that you just couldnt with any other method. The only thing that is holding me back is the thought of extreame pain!

So yeah what do you think?
Reply 799
I'm getting a scarification :smile:

And in Nottingham, I really don't trust Access All Areas. I don't think there actually is a decent piercer anywhere which is surprising for the size of it. Yum Yum used to be OK for simple stuff, but they've gone now and although they said they were reopening in a new location somewhere else I don't think they have yet.

Quick Reply

Latest