The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

SoundDevastation
nose! got it done today! Its not Broadmarsh lol.. its Norwich library (it looks more like an airport than a library).

i want both sides done eventually.. but since im going back to work soon i think one at a time will be best!

I got so caried away talking to the girl that pierced me that i forgot to ask the gague of the stud.. its either 0.8 or 1mm.. i was amazed when i saw it how tiny the stud was, i dunno how you thought it was huge! :p:

piercing needles are cannular needles.. the same that are used to administer injections. they dont remove any flesh, even the large guages (which is why a dermal punch is recommended for 4mm+), and the angle of the tip means it pushes the flesh aside and glides through very easily. Ive done a few of my own ear piercings and a few mates and used pro needles and titanium jewellery every time. wouldnt go near a gun now!

it dainty and cute on you! i knew it was the nose but didn't want to be wrong so added septum as well :p: I had a thought about getting my septum done, I think it would be cool but my nose one hurt like a biatch! so i'm not going near my nose anytime soon. looking at my nose now, i don't really notice it's on my nose except when i touch/wiggle my nose by accident. it's not as blantant anymore lol. it does look nice on you though so congrats :smile:
cheers! i dunno if i'll keep it dainty.. id quite like a 3mm black ball to match the labrets! i always thought a nostril wouldnt suit me.. but i no longer care tbh. and i like it. compared to the septum it was painless :p: Gem (my piercer) said i didnt cry half as much!
mine hurt so intensely for the duration, and it was worse than any of the others. a black ball would look cool, and dainty still lol
Reply 1383
Ilora-Danon
Just reading your comments makes me cringe.

Moving ON.

One thing I shall add; pus is pus. Lymph is something completely different. ALL piercings whether new or old will secrete lymph - it's the body's natural cleaning method - just like a cut will weep to keep out infection.

Pus, when yellow/green is usually denotes infection.

Therefore, the moral of the story is... use the right terminology in the first instance and confusion is less likely to occur.

I would also like to add; NO piercing method EXCEPT Dermal punching will remove skin, whether it be a gun or needle, no skin is removed.

Sensitive stomach?

It was not I who was using incorrect "terminology" in the first place, if you'd cared to look back. Stray_talk got confused between bodily secretions, not me. I (got caught up in this farce when I) simply responded to her erroneous and unnecessary rebuttal of my statement of fact about the (obvious) link between pus and infection, and the need to keep piercings clean. I have been demonstrably right all along about pus, so if you're feeling the need to criticise someone, look elsewhere. :wink:
La Trampa
mine hurt so intensely for the duration, and it was worse than any of the others. a black ball would look cool, and dainty still lol

compared to other piercings the pain is very sharp and intense.. i think its cause the nose is so close to the major nerves.. whereas ears are hanging on outside lol! id rate it more painful than my labrets, less painful than the septum... though my old retired vert transverse lobe still tops the pain list!

blackline do studs with 3mm balls :biggrin:

will get one when i buy a retainer. Im also considering buying some hider plugs for going back to work... they never commented on my lobes before, but they've doubled in size since then :redface:

and to everyone else... chill! pus is not worth arguing about :p:

EDIT: ooooh.. how cute are these!!

Inside
Sensitive stomach?

It was not I who was using incorrect "terminology" in the first place, if you'd cared to look back. Stray_talk got confused between bodily secretions, not me. I (got caught up in this farce when I) simply responded to her erroneous and unnecessary rebuttal of my statement of fact about the (obvious) link between pus and infection, and the need to keep piercings clean. I have been demonstrably right all along about pus, so if you're feeling the need to criticise someone, look elsewhere. :wink:

I don't think Ilora-Danon was aiming criticism anywhere rather just setting things straight which I really don't have a problem with. Yes, I got it wrong/confused and I admitted that no need for criticism anywhere, Inside. Moving on :p:
I have 2 in each lobe, my right tragus done and my nose plus a tattoo of a treble clef on my left hip. my nose and ears were done with guns and i've never had any problems wth them. although my nose was done in a beauty salon in malawi so i was just plain stupid getting that done and have just been lucky.
got 2nd lobes done bout 3 weeks ago (with a gun,the shame :rolleyes: but it was all i could afford, so...) BUT if you look at the pic the second hole is quite far up - is there space for one in between those two?? or would it be best to let these ones close up and then repierce...

also, if you look at the top of my ear, its sort of "flat" - ive had it since birth, just on this ear, aparently my arm was across my ear in the womb... it means i hve a flat, thin overhang of cartilage with quite a lot of skin over it - is it pretty much a no-no to get any of the top of that ear pierced???
that is a strange placement for a second lobe.. one of mine was like that, i ended up re-doing it myself further up, though i wouldnt recommend self-piercing unless you know what youre doing!

anyway... if youre not planning on stretching, id say yes theres space for one in the middle. it may limit the size of the studs you can wear... though you could have danglys in the first whole, little rings in the second and studs in the third.. that would look lovely :smile:

and get it done with a neeedle!!!! youre a medic student you should know better!! :p:

oh and i dont see a problem with piercing the top of your ear.. the flatness of it may even make healing alot easier! Talk to a pro about it though, make sure its someone who is known to be trustworthy.. if they feel comfortable piercing it, im sure it'll be fine.
I know this sounds like a silly question, but I had my ear cartilage pierced (With a needle, yes :p:) and i had a ring slipped through the hole, is it possible to replace it with a stud? I'm not really very good on piercings :redface: I hope thats not too silly a question, the ring is rather a larger gauge than I realised :redface:
Magickal_Faerie
I know this sounds like a silly question, but I had my ear cartilage pierced (With a needle, yes :p:) and i had a ring slipped through the hole, is it possible to replace it with a stud? I'm not really very good on piercings :redface: I hope thats not too silly a question, the ring is rather a larger gauge than I realised :redface:

Yeah, course you can. :p: How long have you had it pierced? Do you know the size of the ring (the width i mean): 1mm, 1.2mm? Really, a labret stud would be better: http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=labret+stud&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi .. but its up to you really. :smile:
Does anyone else find that they feel the cold in their ears more when they have metal jewellry in them? It must be like when you skewer a baked potato to help it cook in the middle, only it's really bloody cold. Weird feeling.
Reply 1392
WarmSound
Does anyone else find that they feel the cold in their ears more when they have metal jewellry in them? It must be like when you skewer a baked potato to help it cook in the middle, only it's really bloody cold. Weird feeling.

Actually, yea, and do anyone else's flesh tunnels whistle? every time a wind gets up it sounds like an old kettle next to my ear!
Reply 1393
Definitely. I don't even own any metal plugs any more, really dislike them, but last winter I remember my ears were freezing. Silicone and organics are best in cold weather I find. I don't really feel much from my standard 16g/14g piercings though.
Bexiness!
Yeah, course you can. :p: How long have you had it pierced? Do you know the size of the ring (the width i mean): 1mm, 1.2mm? Really, a labret stud would be better: http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=labret+stud&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi .. but its up to you really. :smile:

Its been done since october 26th (date of the mcfly gig if i remember correctly :p:) i think its pretty much healed, it doesnt hurt any more i can move it and whatever, i dont really know its there most of the time. thing is, would it look silly? its not at the top of my ear, its pretty much about level with my right tragus, a ring looks good at the moment but i know my mum hates it so i was wondering if i could get a smaller thing so she doesnt notice it as much when im home. im not too sure what size it is to be honest, i just picked the colour i liked and went with that :redface:
yeh my ears get really cold as well lol
i was in glasgow at about 7 tonight and my new studs were literally throbbing with cold! the others were fine though! :rolleyes:
ive heard stories of peoples lobes freezing and snapping in the cold!! dont wear metal tunnels when its icy!
:eek: eurghhh... has anyone seen that nasty story/pictures on the web about that girl who tried to stretch her lobes way too fast herself and managed to separate her lobe from her head?! :puke:
:eek: where?!

Quick Reply

Latest