The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

I've had the cartilage on my right ear pierced 5 times + rook + tragus and they were less sore than my lip and nose x
SoundDevastation
Conch piercings are some of the more painful of ear cartilage, but their position means that they dont get knocked very often so theyre easy to heal. I love mine :smile:

Yeah, they look so pretty :smile:

Think I should really just go for it, I found my nose piercings pretty painful but as long as it's not going to hurt for ages after like the nipples did it'll be fine...I'm also a bit worried that if I get over the fear it'll be a slippery slope from there and I'll end up getting loads :biggrin: thanks guys :smile:
yay! get it done with a barbel or labret stud though, they can be a bit of a bitch with rings... ive had mine for 3 years now and i can still only wear a ring in it for a few days at a time.
SoundDevastation
yay! get it done with a barbel or labret stud though, they can be a bit of a bitch with rings... ive had mine for 3 years now and i can still only wear a ring in it for a few days at a time.

Yeh, don't like the look of them with rings really anyway. I'll persuade a friend to come with me tommorrow and hope I'm feeling brave enough to go through with it...I've never backed out of a piercing yet :biggrin:
misslibby
Haha it is so weird - I've had that done twice, too! I think it's cause I've only ever had my lobes gunned, and that was when I was about 10 - so I remember it as being a lot more painful than it probably actually was and I just have a weird 'thing' about it. It makes no sense at all but the idea freaks me out :redface:

Oh god me too, I had my lobes gunned when I was about 12 and my mum had to pin me down so they could do the second one. Then one day last year I went a bit mad and got half of my hair cut off and went straight to the piercers and didn't give a crap about the pain and it was actually fine, none of the horror of gunned lobes. You'll be fine!

Ooh I'm getting tempted again. Might get a snug soon, i lurve them :smile:
I did it :biggrin:

This morning it hurts to smile a little.
pic! :smile:
Reply 1587
Okay so my only visible piercing apart from my ears is my tongue

I am going to be going on university open days and interviews in the next few months. Some people dont notice my tongue but others do as I have a pink bar in it to blend in

Am I best of taking it off before my interviews especially being a mature? (I really dont see the point as it will be on during my entire stay at university)

Any piercess been for interviews with tongue piercings
if you think it'll be a problem, then get a retainer for it. I don't think it should be seeing as you're a mature student and it's just a tongue piercing, but like i said, if you feel it might be then just get a retainer.Depending on how long you've had the piercing for, it might start to close up if you take the bar out
Reply 1589
Grrr

I hate swapping tongue bars :mad:
its really not going to be a problem unless your applying for medicine/dentistry...
MissLibby did you go to Physical Poetry? What did you think of them for cartilidge piercings? I've had other piercings there but never cartilidge, but I'm thinking of it very soon. I've had my tragus and snug done in other places and they hurt a HELL of a lot, especially my snug.
La Trampa
pic! :smile:

As soon as I can borrow a camera off my housemate :smile:

Pamplemousse22
MissLibby did you go to Physical Poetry?

I did indeed and I felt so proud of myself I pretty much bounced across the road into the Hyde Park after :biggrin: haha...Well it wasn't too painful and he did it really quickly, so it was good, I guess. But obviously I don't have anything else to compare it too.
didgeridoo12uk
its really not going to be a problem unless your applying for medicine/dentistry...

i'm a med student with a tongue piercing??! :rolleyes:

anyway, my advice to Rokit is yep just put in a retainer if you can bear it; to be honest most people dont notice mine unless i talk very animatedly/laugh... What do you wear at the moment? You could just change the balls on your bar without having to remove the bar? I go to a gp surgery on placement every week and i just pop a small, clear acrylic ball onto my metal bar, its really not noticeable at all...
Subbacultcha

anyway, my advice to Rokit is yep just put in a retainer if you can bear it; to be honest most people dont notice mine unless i talk very animatedly/laugh... What do you wear at the moment? You could just change the balls on your bar without having to remove the bar? I go to a gp surgery on placement every week and i just pop a small, clear acrylic ball onto my metal bar, its really not noticeable at all...

fair enough!!

and yeh i used to wear clear acrylic ball on mine when i went to cadets, they never noticed.
Reply 1595
Subbacultcha

I have a pink titanium bar. I work for the police so have to be discreet :smile:

Tbh I am not used to changing my bar myself, never ever have

Anyone have any tips for changing tongue bars?
look in a mirror! always helps

its really simple when you get the hang of it
Rokit
I have a pink titanium bar. I work for the police so have to be discreet :smile:

Tbh I am not used to changing my bar myself, never ever have

Anyone have any tips for changing tongue bars?

I know this isn't much use but I don't even have to look in a mirror, it just goes in, feels really weird though. Having said that though I've had mine done about 3 years. Used to have a double tongue piercing but now just a single as my ex didn't like piercings :mad: grr i so shouldn't have taken it out, he really wasn't worth it - oh and make sure you put decent jewelery in it i.e. titanium because I once wore a cheap bar in it for a day or so and it hurt like *******.

oh and i booked my VCH today yay!!! so i have time to psyche myself up for it, (as i can't get it done til im 18 :frown:) but anyway :smile:
misslibby
I did it :biggrin:

This morning it hurts to smile a little.

And well done :smile:
Reply 1599
I have had my tongue bar for 5 years just never changed the bar as I like the bar I have in there

VCH is cool Bekachu. You wont be dissapointed as long as your bits look... well.... nice? :redface:

I saw the hottest guy on the bus today. He had a tongue piercing as well :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest