The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F214 Communication, Homeostasis and Energy Friday 22 June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by CatrionaRB
I need a B overall, so I need to get as high a grade as possible in this because I don't think I did very well in f215 :| How about you?

Omg snap I failed f215 so trying to make up for it now but not rlly workin :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by stben01
Sensory neurone has a longer axon to transmit over long distances and has shorter dendrites. The other obvious difference is in their function (F214 jan paper all over again :smile:

ooohh. right. right, got it :smile:
Reply 582
There's a section in my textbk bout 'evidence of chemiosmosis' do I need to learn this? Has it come up b4?

Thank you! I'm just struggling on the Photosynth. and Res. stuff, and I think that's what'll come up. I need a B overall

Ok. Shall we start with your weakest and work our way up? I'll ask you questions that are grade-able categorised? Like C questions to B, then A?

:smile:
Original post by stben01
There's a section in my textbk bout 'evidence of chemiosmosis' do I need to learn this? Has it come up b4?

That would probably be experiments right?

Just make yourself familiar about them. They won't probably ask you about it, they'll ask you to apply knowledge around that area..
[INDENT]
Original post by CollateralElement
Ok. Shall we start with your weakest and work our way up? I'll ask you questions that are grade-able categorised? Like C questions to B, then A?

:smile:

Oh, that would be awesome! Thank you so much!
[INDENT]

Oh, that would be awesome! Thank you so much!

It's alright. Asking questions helps me revise anyway. What's your weakest topic?
Reply 587
Then what's the third difference? :confused: I was trying to refer to the idea that the motor neurones' cell body is in the center of splayed out dentrites whereas Sensory wasn't and was between a dentrite and axon...

Can you help me word that right? Lol.

urm... yeah I see what you mean xD I think the cell body just refers to the area that houses all the organelles and the nucleus

Another difference includes the motor neurone cell body is inside the CNS , the sensory neurone cell body is inside the PNS
Reply 588
That would probably be experiments right?

Just make yourself familiar about them. They won't probably ask you about it, they'll ask you to apply knowledge around that area..

Thnx it's mainly bout researchers n their studies but I Cbb even looking at it! Lol I'll just read it then, Thanx :wink:

Original post by YB101
urm... yeah I see what you mean xD I think the cell body just refers to the area that houses all the organelles and the nucleus

Another difference includes the motor neurone cell body is inside the CNS , the sensory neurone cell body is inside the PNS

That's it! That's what I wanted to say, lol. Thanks :h:
Original post by stben01
Thnx it's mainly bout researchers n their studies but I Cbb even looking at it! Lol I'll just read it then, Thanx :wink:

Yeah, just read through and just understand what it's about, you don't need to learn it. lol.
It's alright. Asking questions helps me revise anyway. What's your weakest topic?

Anything to do with Respiration. Definitely.
Anything to do with Respiration. Definitely.

Ok. Let's start with simples.

What respiration cycle occurs in the matrix of a mitochondrion?

How many cycles/stages are there for respiration of one glucose molecule?
Ok. Let's start with simples.

What respiration cycle occurs in the matrix of a mitochondrion?

How many cycles/stages are there for respiration of one glucose molecule?

Err.. Glycolosis, and 2 ? :\
Could anyone tell me the marking points for 8 mark questions asking for descriptions of the light-dependent stage of photosynthesis and oxidative phosphorylation in aerobic respiration?
Err.. Glycolosis, and 2 ? :\

Kreb's Cycle.

And Glycolysis once for glucose, Link reaction twice for pyruvate, Kreb's cycle twice for Acetyl CoA.

We don't account oxidative because it uses the bi-products of Kreb's Cycle.

.... Ok. Those were C/B questions. I'll make it simpler, lol. I struggled with that too when I first read it.

What happens to pyruvate in anaerobic respiration in mammals?
Reply 596
Kreb's Cycle.

And Glycolysis once for glucose, Link reaction twice for pyruvate, Kreb's cycle twice for Acetyl CoA.

.... Ok. Those were C/B questions. I'll make it simpler, lol. I struggled with that too when I first read it.

Waaaaat?!??! Glycolysis happens in CYTOPLASM not matrix!!

Kreb's Cycle.

Dammit. Ok, thank you.
Err.. I think it turns to Lactate with NADH and lactae dehydrogenase. :/
Can someone put up a list of all the big marker questions 6/7/8markers that can come up?

Original post by stben01
Waaaaat?!??! Glycolysis happens in CYTOPLASM not matrix!!

No, no! Kreb's Cycle in matrix! That was the answer for the first question XD Lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending