The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: The Yin and Yang, of THAT FOODIE THANG!

Scroll to see replies

Only if you remove the end bit of her suggestion. Or I'll feel we'll go round in circles.
And I think that'll make me Flipz.
Original post by MelissaJayne
Only if you remove the end bit of her suggestion. Or I'll feel we'll go round in circles.
And I think that'll make me Flipz.

Why are you so hawt?
Reply 482
This guy! Seriously dude. You've got some mad woman skillzzz. A TRUE modern-day Casanova with the articulation and eloquence as the God of Muse. Now tell her you "wanna get wid dat" and say she's "hittable". The ladies love that.

Nah but, in all seriousness Melissa, you know how goodie vigilant I am and im yet to encounter Cadbury brand pretzels! Thus I believe someone else should state your

YIN AND YANG OF CADBURY CHOCOLATE PRETZELS?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by TotoMimo
This guy! Seriously dude. You've got some mad woman skillzzz. A TRUE modern-day Casanova with the articulation and eloquence as the God of Muse. Now tell her you "wanna get wid dat" and say she's "hittable". The ladies love that.

Nah but, in all seriousness Melissa, you know how goodie vigilant I am and im yet to encounter Cadbury brand pretzels! Thus I believe someone else should state your

YIN AND YANG OF CADBURY CHOCOLATE PRETZELS?

Thanks, I guess?
Reply 484
Melissa looks a bit like Davina McCall in her pic.
Reply 485
That's a disservice to our radiant Melissa.

Melissa, this is a minor dead end, would you kindly suggest a new Yin and Yang m'love?
YIN AND YANG of..LOVE HEART SWEETS
Reply 487
Yin: A compliment with every sweet! "You complete me". Awww, sweet, you're my soulmate. MUNCH. The fizziness means they last a while too.

Yang: A bit like eating chalk. Less subtle and far less cute than giving a girl your last Rolo. "Indifference Hearts" better describes their flavour, but that's a harder sell...

YIN AND YANG OF IRN BRU?
Reply 488
Okay, maybe it was too Scottish for ye aw.

YIN AND YANG OF GALAXY COOKIE CRUMBLE, then?
Reply 489
YIN: Sweet taste of galaxy, all melty and smooth. But what's this? Crunchy nibblets of cookie? SWEET HEAVENS that's good.

YANG: Umm... I guess you could say if you wanted just smooth melty goodness, the cookie pieces would ruin it. You'd be wrong, but you could say that.

YIN AND YANG OF: STRAWBERRY CREPES
Reply 490
YIN: Crepes are delicate, light, and dainty; fear not, my tight jeans! Strawberries work as a simultaneously sweet and tart counterpoint to the slightly egg-like creaminess of the crepe. Finally, can be wrapped and eaten like a STRAWB TORTILLA!

YANG: Structurally they don't have the integrity to hold up if you're heavy-handed or over-portioning with yer fruit/cream. That kind of deal requires a PROPER MAN-CAKE - SCOTCH OR 'MERKAN variety. Plus, crepes are French, and the French are motherf(EDIT: Just swell).

YIN AND YANG OF... IRN BRU?
Reply 491
YIN: It has a distinctive taste and makes a change from the mainstream brands.

YANG: It's not particularly a nice taste, quite a strange flavour for a fizzy drink. It doesn't quench my thirst or refresh like other drinks.

YIN and YANG of YAZOO?
Reply 492
YIN: ACTUAL flavoured milk, not "dessert in a bottle" frijj. Always, always on special, and cheap enough, besides! Also comes in 250ml mini bottles, and sometimes that's just enough!! And foil topper? Excellent stabby straw fun!!

YANG: Can be a bit... Watery. Moreover, not the folly of frijj but of milkshake in general... Banana flavour always tastes WEIRD. DID THEY EVEN TASTE A BANANA BEFORE TRYING TO MIMIC IT??

YIN AND YANG OF... MEATBALL MARINARA SUBWAY?
Yin: It's a nice hot sub, which makes it feel more of a proper meal. It's generous and I love it with DOUBLE CHEESE, it melts really well.

Yang: Difficult to eat, why you so messy mr balls? Also, it doesn't go well with a lot of the salad choices and I feel I'm not getting my monies worth when I can't cram every single ingredient in there!!!

YIN AND YANG OF peanut butter and chocolate?
Original post by MelissaJayne
Yin: It's a nice hot sub, which makes it feel more of a proper meal. It's generous and I love it with DOUBLE CHEESE, it melts really well.

Yang: Difficult to eat, why you so messy mr balls? Also, it doesn't go well with a lot of the salad choices and I feel I'm not getting my monies worth when I can't cram every single ingredient in there!!!

YIN AND YANG OF peanut butter and chocolate?

:love:
Reply 495
YIN: It's something different.

YANG: I don't like peanut butter.

YIN and YANG of Chocolate coins?
Reply 496
Yin: avast me mateys, I've found me treasure! Come on, you felt like a pirate at SOME point eating them. Or at the very least rich. They're just FUN.

Yang: I'm sorry, HOW much for a tiny bit of chocolate? Maybe it is real gold... Especially when it's an 'Olympic Medal' chocolate coin. Ah Olympic mark up, how you do make me chuckle...

Yin and yang of tangerines
Reply 497
Dani, your yin yang made me laugh. AVAAAST YE ME.. C..chocolate??

Anyway, tangerine:

YIN: Infinitely sweeter than BIG PAPA JAFFAS. You run faaar less of a risk of SEED TOOTHRAPE, and faaaar less chance of ORANGE JUICE BATH.

YANG: Still a total faff as I peel it and end up goring the poor orange sod with my big clumsy chimp thumb. SPLODGE. Tangerine segments are too small to do the "big orange smile" thing (segment across your front teeth, grin like a moron).

YIN AND YANG OF... TOAD IN THE HOLE?
Reply 498
The pirate in me comes out occasionally. Especially in the cinema, with my video camera. JOKE, I don't do that, for any police reading...

YIN: Bringing you back to home comforts, and weirdly reminds me of the book Wind in the Willows (i's the Mr.Toad character, I'm not sure why really), it makes you feel all warm and comforted. It's a meal made with love; a sausage being hugged by pastry, what's not to love about that? Especially if the top is nice and crispy and the bottom is nice and chewy.

YANG: People put gravy on it, which I don't get, it tastes nice on its own, it don't need no gravy baby. Also, it can be ruined quite easily, not just by gravy, but by overcooking it, or undercooking it for that matter. It's also one of those meals that, had regularly or too much, becomes a very boring sorta meal. It's an 'every once in a while' sorta thing.

YIN AND YANG OF FAJITAS
Reply 499
YIN: Say it. Say it out loud. YOU JUST SAID IT IN A MEHEEKAN ACCENT. You can't NOT. FAHEEEEETAAARRRZ! It's a joy to say. And if the Old El Paso dinner kit advert would lead me to believe, you create them by dancing and tossing bits of pepper all over the place, and spinning a wrap in the palm of your hand to form a cylinder like some kind of flipping magician. Damned impressive!! But in seriousness they're great "social dinner" food, and you DO get that fun factor when making them with kids. Plus at the absolute core of things, they're incredibly simple - some chicken or beef, marinated, peppers, onions, sour cream, pico de gallo, and salsa - arranged as you wish in a tortilla wrap. THERE'S ANOTHER WORD! TUR TEEEEE YAH!!

YANG: Trying to spin a wrap on your hand and getting crap all over mum's cream carpet. When someone serves them up and they've "made them for me". Wh... WHY?! You pretty much deprived me of the ONLY FUN BIT, YOU CUR. Plus, and finally, they are the base for about 8409374875 other Mexican dishes, all pretty much EXACTLY THE SAME. Shove cheese on it. There, it's something new. Now the same thing in a deep dish. There we go, it's another thing. WOW, I'M A GREAT CHEF.

The YIN AND YANG OF....

SHOKOKUSS:

Quick Reply

Latest