Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Is starch unbranched or branched?
Text book says unbranched, and my other notes say branches O.o
Reply 1781
Original post by britash

starch is unbranched. thats why it is compact to store. glycogen is branched so it can easily be hydrolysed into a-glucose. it is found in animal cells whereas starch is only found in plants :biggrin:
Original post by britash

Amylose is unbranched, and amylopectin is branched. They make up starch :}
Original post by onelove93
what exactly do we need to know about the structure of a plant/leaf?

and what is root pressure?

root pressure is when ions and minerals in the the soil are actively transported from the endodermis into the xylem, this means that in the xylem there is a lower water potential than that of the oil which means water will move into the xylem by osmosis, this movement causes a large hydrostatic pressure
thankyou :smile:

any help on the leaf? will we ever be asked to label a diagram or anything? I am not a fan of plant science :frown:
Reply 1785
Hey guys, been lurking for a while reading all the posts and gotta say they've been extremely helpful for revision so thanks!
I've personally been procastinating pretty hard and I'm so nervous about tomorrow xD
Best of luck for tomorrow everyone
Reply 1786
Original post by AGoodman
Hey guys, been lurking for a while reading all the posts and gotta say they've been extremely helpful for revision so thanks!
I've personally been procastinating pretty hard and I'm so nervous about tomorrow xD
Best of luck for tomorrow everyone

good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 1787
what exactly do we need to know about the structure of a plant/leaf?

and what is root pressure?

Mineral ions are actively transported into the xylem in root by endodermal cells, which reduces water potemtial so water moves in via osmosis
i still really dont understand what to do after you have written out the equation for index diversity and added everything in, ques 7, jan 10? HELP PLEASE
Original post by Mocking_bird
:hugs:

:hugs:
Reply 1790
what's the difference between an endodermal cell and endodermis? :s
Did anyone else learn most of the spec in the last 3 days like me lmao?
Original post by joker11
what's the difference between an endodermal cell and endodermis? :s

The endodermis is made of endodermal cells?
Reply 1793
doomed to fail, what does anyone think is likely to come up? i need to redeem myself by doing some extremely last minute revision
Reply 1794
Do you mean higher po2 in lungs?

I think he means that due to heamoglobin having a high affinity for oxygen, even at low Po2 of oxygen it can become saturated/load oxygen more readily than if it had a lower affinity for oxygen.
Original post by goutham
doomed to fail, what does anyone think is likely to come up? i need to redeem myself by doing some extremely last minute revision

my teacher said root pressure as it was answered really badly nationally last time it came up :frown:
my teacher said root pressure as it was answered really badly nationally last time it came up :frown:

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the papers made 4 years in advance?
Reply 1797

ahhhhh do you think it'll be a 6 mark question on it? i know the basics of it but i need to get my terminology up to the excruciating aqa exam standards :frown:
Reply 1798
OH i see where you've gone wrong.

You measure in MM and times that by 1000 :smile:

Also, if thats still wrong, are you working on an exam paper size that is identical to the size in the real thing? If not, that will give you the wrong answer too. (Ive made that mistake before :laugh:)

Oh! So glad that's cleared up before the exam! And yeah I was measuring it from my laptop hehee :tongue:
Reply 1799
Original post by xcristalx
i still really dont understand what to do after you have written out the equation for index diversity and added everything in, ques 7, jan 10? HELP PLEASE

You add up the column downwards so 1+1+1+5+2.... which is 29 and multiply that by 28; N=29 so N(N-1)= 812. So numertaor is 812. for the denominator you do each species so for heath rush it would be n(n-1) where n=1 so 1(1-1) which would=0 and you do this for every row which when added would give you 188 for the denomiator. Then you do 812/188 which would give 4.3.
I know its a bit messy but hope it helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending