The Student Room Group

Anyone applying for Counselling/Psychotherapy Psychology at Uni 2012/13?

I have been stalking the internet for a large amount of time and found no real thread devoted to applicants reading Counselling/Psychotherapy Psychology and im feeling lonely :frown: im applying for Teesside or UCLan... ANYONE ELSE!? Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
You're not alone. :smile:

I've applied for a Doctorate in Counselling Psychology for 2012 at: Roehampton, Surrey, UEL and London Met. I was going to apply to UCL, but have only just managed to get through 4 applications.

I've only heard back from Surrey at the moment. I didn't get through to the April interviews, but they have put me on their reserve list.

Have you heard back from either of yours?

Here is a link to another relevant thread, it kind of went off on a tangent, but just to show you there are others.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=36618377&highlight=counselling%20psychology
Reply 2

Yaaayyyy :smile: thank you very much for that.

I have recieved all my all my offers thus far, the offers being Wolverhampton, worcester, northampton, uclan and teesside, in case you wanted to know. But i went to a Teesside applicant open day and it wasnt for me at all, the course was too psychology based, so i think northampton will be my insurance. I have had a reply from all offers, uclan offered 280 ucas points and northampton offered 320. 320 is actually lower than 280 for me, but thats complicated and im sure you dont want to know why :')

Thank you for the reply, and link, and i wish you the best for your offers :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Felicity23
You're not alone. :smile:

I've applied for a Doctorate in Counselling Psychology for 2012 at: Roehampton, Surrey, UEL and London Met. I was going to apply to UCL, but have only just managed to get through 4 applications.

I've only heard back from Surrey at the moment. I didn't get through to the April interviews, but they have put me on their reserve list.

Have you heard back from either of yours?

Here is a link to another relevant thread, it kind of went off on a tangent, but just to show you there are others.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=36618377&highlight=counselling%20psychology

I have withdrawn my application today due to distance of travel for me. So you might get my place. Good luck
Reply 4
Original post by penguin1990
I have withdrawn my application today due to distance of travel for me. So you might get my place. Good luck

Hi penguin1990,

That's a real shame. Are you going to re-apply to somewhere closer next year? I think there are 12 Uni's dotted about the UK that are accredited.

Were you meant to have your interview this Wednesday? Yeah, the only way I can afford it is to live at home, which is near London. Thank you very much for wishing me good luck, I'm going to need it. :smile:
I'm studying counselling now and want to go into counselling psychology, but I have no idea how I would fund the doctorate :no:
Reply 6
Yeah, that is an issue for me. After my undergrad degree I got an office job for a year to save up money and did voluntary work in my spare time to get experience for the course. I can only afford to do it by living at home. In my 2nd/ 3rd year I'm considering taking out a personal development loan with Barclays, you can get up to £8/10,000.

Quick Reply

Latest