The Student Room Group

OCR AS Salters Chemistry F332 - Wednesday 23rd May 2012 1:30pm

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by The Moleman 99
For the question why can it not be used as cleaning solvents... do you reckon for just saying it doesn't contain chlorine and it's a CFC will be okay?

it doesn't contain chlorine should be correct as chlorine is a disinfectant, i wrote it is flammable so i'm hoping that's right too :frown:
Reply 781
It's the steam one! It was soooo cheeky for putting water instead of steam, was looking at it for ages and then realised! Phosphoric acid catalyst, 300 degrees C and 60 ATM
Reply 782
for the why can it not be used as a solvent i was gonna say flammable but then i put coz it will be gas at room temp and i swear the same question came up in maybe a legacy paper that i did? i think flammable is the right answer now though :/ lol fml.
Reply 783
Original post by Beffnaay
It's the steam one! It was soooo cheeky for putting water instead of steam, was looking at it for ages and then realised! Phosphoric acid catalyst, 300 degrees C and 60 ATM

in markschemes they do usually allow the use of both sulphuric acid and phosphoric acid so they should allow both? :frown:
and i just put high temp/high pressure cos i wasn't sure exactly hope i'll get the mark for it? :/
Reply 784
Did anyone else have to get extra paper? The space at the back wasn't enough! :frown:
Reply 785
What did people get for the titration questions?
Original post by Rhiiannaa
What did people get for the titration questions?

the 3 sig fig one was 0.0261
Reply 787
Original post by mortaz786
c15 h22 0

reacting with bromine

c15 h22 0 +br2 -----> c15h220br2

electrophilic addition reaction

Surely it would be

c15 h22 0 +2br2 -----> c15h220br4

Because it had two double bonds that could open up...
Original post by *mike
Surely it would be

c15 h22 0 +2br2 -----> c15h220br4

Because it had two double bonds that could open up...

Yeah, you're right.

Does no one remember what the molecule was called though? I counted 21 hydrogens and it's killing me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 789
Original post by Scarlette
1,1,1-trifluoro-2,2-dichloroethene
Less expensive as it doesn't contain chlorine or fluorine
Not used as a cleaner as it doesn't contain chlorine (a disinfectant)

no 1,1-dichloro-2,2,2-triflouroethene was right because you're supposed to do it alphabetically with c before f but they should allow both
Original post by Alice321
no 1,1-dichloro-2,2,2-triflouroethene was right because you're supposed to do it alphabetically with c before f but they should allow both

it was ethane not ethene
Guys lets all stop panicking! None of us can do anything about it now! I know its hard because its all you want to think about but for most of you this is your AS year, once you have done A level chemistry you will miss this topic and there are another 2 chances for you to retake! Just enjoy the summer :smile:
Reply 792
Original post by Pucilowski
Yeah, you're right.

Does no one remember what the molecule was called though? I counted 21 hydrogens and it's killing me.

It was something like rotenone and I counted 22 hydrogens :frown:
Original post by AGrumpyMole

and yeah it was 116,666.666 so

or 120,000 to two sig fig
Original post by 4 Mathlete the win
or 120,000 to two sig fig

did it ask for 2 sig fig?
Reply 795
it was ethane not ethene

i couldnt remember but that would have been what I put.
Does anyone know what grade boundaries normally are for a D lol
brown to colourless! very nice paper, bar the IR spec bit. and what's 'equilibrium yield'?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 797
By the way was sulphur the reducing agent?
the 3 sig fig one was 0.0261

ahh damn! i wrote 0.026, thinking the 0 after the decimal counted as a sig fig =/ oh well.
Reply 799
Original post by Alice321
i couldnt remember but that would have been what I put.
Does anyone know what grade boundaries normally are for a D lol

Putting your name on the paper lol. Don't worry I'm sure you didn't get a D.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending