The Student Room Group

The Voice UK

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by LTC1409
Someone quit their job to appear on this? What a FOOL. What's he gunna do when he (most likely considering the odds) doesn't win?

cry
I think this is the best battle of the night.

Both good vocals.
Reply 582
Original post by LTC1409
Someone quit their job to appear on this? What a FOOL. What's he gunna do when he (most likely considering the odds) doesn't win?

Get another job?
Reply 583
Ugh hate how the guy in the brown boots was making out like he had no chance and putting all the pressure on the other fella. Really not needed.
one of my favourite battles along with Murray V Hannah and Jazz V Jay yesterday :smile:
Original post by Mess.
Why are they both singing this at an incredibly high pitch :lolwut:

Seems to be a thing common to a lot of the battles..
Original post by LTC1409

Yeah, I cringed a bit at that. Wouldn't have hurt to hold on it until he knew for sure he would hit the big time, since it's not exactly easy to get another job :erm:
max vs bill yesterday caused a lot of "omg what?!" in our house :smile:
So predictable.
Original post by Becs261093
max vs bill yesterday caused a lot of "omg what?!" in our house :smile:

That was possibly the worst thing I have heard in my life. Ever.
first time i've disagreed with will so far
Reply 591
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Yeah, I cringed a bit at that. Wouldn't have hurt to hold on it until he knew for sure he would hit the big time, since it's not exactly easy to get another job :erm:

Maybe he didn't like his job, so this gave him a good 'get out' excuse or something. Otherwise I think it's pretty foolish. OK, so he can (hopefully) get another job, but as someone who has basically been unemployed (unless you can count sitting around waiting for teaching supply agencies to call work- thank god I have a perm job now) it's not fun.

TBH, with all the TV 'talent' shows that are on, I'm surprised Britain has any more amature singers!
Original post by Peggles_*
That was possibly the worst thing I have heard in my life. Ever.

really? most people were saying it was good for one of the first battles
Reply 593
2 of my favourites have gone out, Jessica and Ben :frown:
Original post by Becs261093
really? most people were saying it was good for one of the first battles

I think the opening note just scared me and remained in my mind for the rest of their performance!
Reply 595
Original post by Mess.
Get another job?

lol :mmm:
Original post by LTC1409
Maybe he didn't like his job, so this gave him a good 'get out' excuse or something. Otherwise I think it's pretty foolish. OK, so he can (hopefully) get another job, but as someone who has basically been unemployed (unless you can count sitting around waiting for teaching supply agencies to call work- thank god I have a perm job now) it's not fun.

TBH, with all the TV 'talent' shows that are on, I'm surprised Britain has any more amature singers!

OK. I guess it depends if you prefer staying in your low-skilled, boring but fairly safe job, or risk ending up sitting around unemployed for ages and not earning anything but benefits.

Well, the amount of good singers that come on these shows is probably still relatively small compared to the whole UK population :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 597
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
OK. 1) I guess it depends if you prefer staying in your low-skilled, boring but fairly safe job, or risk ending up sitting around unemployed for ages and not earning anything but benefits.

2)Well, the amount of good singers that come on these shows is probably still relatively small compared to the whole UK population
:p:

1) He might of had a really good job, and be highly qualified, we just don't know!

2) I guess this is true.
Original post by LTC1409
Alanis Morissette song officially butchered.

The last pair (the boy and girl) we're pretty good.

Yep, really don't like the girl in the striped jacket, voice was too breathy for me.
I really liked the red head girl, shame she's gone :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest