The Student Room Group

Can a supervisor/manager fight back if I punch him hard in the face?

I used strong cleaning chemicals (powerful bleach) mixed with water in a bucket. My manager yelled at me like there was no tomorrow for not wearing a pair of safety goggles and a pair of rubber gloves.

Not the first time I got yelled at. When I do, it's usually severe enough to hold grudges for a long time.

My anxiety is getting worse. I deserved to be treated with respect. Next year when he's yelling at me, I have to take a matter much further, even beyond the law. Does he have a right to hit back multiple times if I hit him hard?

I'm the type of person with violent tendencies. I do have temper issues. I can lose my cool quickly. Also, I felt like I was a doormat since I belonged to one of the ethnic groups in the UK.
Original post by Anonymous
I used strong cleaning chemicals (powerful bleach) mixed with water in a bucket. My manager yelled at me like there was no tomorrow for not wearing a pair of safety goggles and a pair of rubber gloves.

Not the first time I got yelled at. When I do, it's usually severe enough to hold grudges for a long time.

My anxiety is getting worse. I deserved to be treated with respect. Next year when he's yelling at me, I have to take a matter much further, even beyond the law. Does he have a right to hit back multiple times if I hit him hard?

I'm the type of person with violent tendencies. I do have temper issues. I can lose my cool quickly. Also, I felt like I was a doormat since I belonged to one of the ethnic groups in the UK.

Yes, if you physically attack someone they are perfectly within their rights to defend themselves, up to and including a physical response. Would you prefer a manager who did not care about you breaking local safety rules ?
Reply 2
If you assault him you will have committed a criminal offence and the law will take its course. Also, you will be dismissed.

If you are planning on doing that, you had better leave the job now, before you commit an offence and get dismissed.
Very silly to be planning a physical confrontation. If their management style puts you on edge because of your anger issues then you either need to discuss that with them or quit. It's not fair on them for you to be pre-emptively planning to harm them just because they may raise their voice.
So he yelled at you about your own safety and now you want to attack him?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending