The Student Room Group

The Voice UK

Scroll to see replies

i LOVE will, TEAM WILL :love:

what is wrong with cheryl cole :frown:
Original post by Bellissima
i LOVE will, TEAM WILL :love:

what is wrong with cheryl cole :frown:

What other than the fact she's actually not that good a singer and wouldn't be as famous as she is if she wasn't "beautiful"?!

Miming to a digitally enhanced backing track does not constitute talent.
I'm still recovering from Lana Del Ray's "singing" - WTF was that about?! My poor cat ran out the room.

I think the right two went today.

So glad Frances was safe. #teamfrances
Original post by rock.and.rose
What other than the fact she's actually not that good a singer and wouldn't be as famous as she is if she wasn't "beautiful"?!

Miming to a digitally enhanced backing track does not constitute talent.

no need for that...
yet again, VERY underwhelmed by lana del ray... after that performance and other live performances i've seen her do... and her boring songs... i really don't understand the hype around her... but each to their own..

but she was all over the place, so off key.. it was really just not good.
Can't complain at Sam and Sophie exiting the competition!!!
Original post by senator88
My thoughts on last night:

- Can't believe how badly Sam murdered that foo fighters song, I was so excited someone was singing a rock song and not something that everyone picks, but actually modern, but he was absolutely terrible at it. I think he would have been more suited to an acoustic version.

- Joelle, Michelle and Sophie. Although good singers, are boring and forgettable. There is nothing original there

- Tyler was better than I expected him to be. Still, for some reason I don't feel he has the personality to do well, he seems a bit seedy to me.

- The other Sam. I really don't understand what the judges see in this guy. I guess he can sing, I just fail to hear anything amazing in his voice, but maybe that's just me. Does anyone else also find him unbelievably annoying when he is talking? I was like "Shhhhhhh"

- Matt and Sue. I really can't see these guys going far. The Fleetwood Mac song was a good choice, but I can't help but feel they seem like a bit of a joke. Would they realistically sell records?

- Ruth. Yes, she can sing, REALLY loud, but it should be about more than just this. For me personally I'm more interested in a unique voice rather than who can sing the longest note.

- Frances and Jaz. These were my two favourites from last night. Jaz has an absolutely classic voice, I'd love to see him sing some Van Morrison. Frances I think is just so current, and has the potential to do so much, but I feel a more modern song choice could have been picked for her.

I reckon Matt and Sue should go tonight. But who knows! Also, I am so in-love with will.i.am, his facial expressions crack me up.

YES ! He is soo irritating ! And the way he was milking the fact he'd been kicked out 'it feels like I've just had my heart ripped out' or whatever he said yes it's obviously upsetting but the man's old don't put that emotional stress on him ! anyways rant over :tongue:
Original post by Bellissima
no need for that...

You asked, I answered.

She stands for everything that is wrong with the music industry; someone picked for what they look like as opposed to talent.

You could say she is the very opposite of what The Voice stands for.
Original post by Mess.
I found a lot of the singing last night quite painful to listen to and I don't even have a decent ear for catching notes.

I don't really watch these shows specifically to listen to great singers or just the judges but I really do enjoy them as entertainment so I would hope for a complete package especially with the amount of taxpayer money thrown at this show and with the X Factor showing them how to do it for the past decade!

A few of them were a little wishy washy and I like the way this show doesn't portray the sob stories of the contestants to carry them through.

I suppose it's just a new format and it's a little something to break up the year on year out generic X factor train which I don't think will go on much longer. Not sure this shows longevity will be too long seen as though it looses it's niche after the first 3 weeks. Meh we'll see how it pans out I guess!
Reply 789
Did something happen to Bo's mic/earpiece thingy near the start?
I can't believe Joelle wasn't voted for by the public! She was easily one of the best last night (along with Jaz and Ruth, my personal favourite). Tyler and Matt & Sueleen need to go though.
Reply 791
So happy for Tyler :smile: I love him.

Kind of pleased for Adam, think it was the wrong song and he deserves another shot.
Just watched it on I player. Good thing, cos I got to skip all of Holly Willoughby's parts. God she's an annoying presenter. That and the show keeps going on about how awful it is for the judges to kick off one of their contestants. We know. You don't have to keep asking the and getting the same 'they're amazing, I don't know how I'm going to choose' answer....

/rant

Also, I don't get it. Was it recorded last night? But then what about the phoning in? I assumed that people had a whole day to phone in (like on Dancing on Ice), but they can't have done if that was recorded last night... How would people know when the lines close?? And hen why air it tonight???
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 793
Original post by Mother_Russia
Just watched it on I player. Good thing, cos I got to skip all of Holly Willoughby's parts. God she's an annoying presenter. That and the show keeps going on about how awful it is for the judges to kick off one of their contestants. We know. You don't have to keep asking the and getting the same 'they're amazing, I don't know how I'm going to choose' answer....

/rant

Also, I don't get it. Was it recorded last night? But then what about the phoning in? I assumed that people had a whole day to phone in (like on Dancing on Ice), but they can't have done if that was recorded last night... How would people know when the lines close?? And hen why air it tonight???

I do recall on last night's show they said lines closed at 9pm which I thought was odd because it didn't leave too much time for voting. But this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/the-voice/9234732/The-Voice-BBC-One-live-show-has-the-audience-stomping-in-their-seats.html seems to explain it.
Reply 794
Original post by cz100
I do recall on last night's show they said lines closed at 9pm which I thought was odd because it didn't leave too much time for voting. But this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/the-voice/9234732/The-Voice-BBC-One-live-show-has-the-audience-stomping-in-their-seats.html seems to explain it.

Interesting read. I really don't know why people 'woop' just because a producer tells them to though. I would probably start booing just because some arse with a mic on his head kept telling me to 'woop' like some 13 year old idiot high on sexual feelings for the first time in their lives.
Original post by cz100

Ahh thanks for that.

Mann, I love the writer of that article! Says it like it is, perfect!

yeah I guess understand the 9pm thing, but it doesn't give a great cut off point. Not I ever do vote (:colondollar:) but they make such a big thing of it on other shows (all the 'don't call now!!! Your vote wont count, but may still be charged') and I'm sure people would have voted past the cut off point...

Also, in the article, it mentions Will making digs at X Factor? Any ideas what that would be? I remember him saying he doesn't like talent shows, but he was proud to be on this one, because there was talent. Was that it?
Reply 796
Original post by Mess.
Interesting read. I really don't know why people 'woop' just because a producer tells them to though. I would probably start booing just because some arse with a mic on his head kept telling me to 'woop' like some 13 year old idiot high on sexual feelings for the first time in their lives.

Dear knows how they could sit through a 6 hour recording in that studio in the first place.
Original post by Mother_Russia
Ahh thanks for that.

Mann, I love the writer of that article! Says it like it is, perfect!

yeah I guess understand the 9pm thing, but it doesn't give a great cut off point. Not I ever do vote (:colondollar:) but they make such a big thing of it on other shows (all the 'don't call now!!! Your vote wont count, but may still be charged') and I'm sure people would have voted past the cut off point...

Also, in the article, it mentions Will making digs at X Factor? Any ideas what that would be? I remember him saying he doesn't like talent shows, but he was proud to be on this one, because there was talent. Was that it?

I've no idea about the digs, last night the show just seemed to drag so I skipped a lot of the comments part. It really reflects the 'too much positivity' bit, everyone's just 'amazing' etc, felt like too much praise when hardly any of the contestants really made me go 'wow'.
Reply 797
Original post by cz100
Dear knows how they could sit through a 6 hour recording in that studio in the first place.

6 hours is just pathetic. If it is a 'live' show, it should be filmed in basically a continuous manner although I understand setting the sets up takes a little bit of time but X Factor still manages this with an actual live show as opposed to a pre-recorded nonsense.

I've no idea about the digs, last night the show just seemed to drag so I skipped a lot of the comments part. It really reflects the 'too much positivity' bit, everyone's just 'amazing' etc, felt like too much praise when hardly any of the contestants really made me go 'wow'.

The show really does drag. It is an incredible effort watching it :sigh:

As for the positivity thing it just feels bland. If everything is amazing, then amazing becomes ok and you need to up the amazing to something else even more ridiculous. This ends up with their comments being pointless and bland. It doesn't even need to be actively mean or to encourage 'fighting' between the judges. It just needs to encourage people to be completely honest and if everyone was **** then they need to be told so. That way when someone is amazing and is told it will actually means something.
Reply 798
Original post by Glow in the dark
A few of them were a little wishy washy and I like the way this show doesn't portray the sob stories of the contestants to carry them through.

Really? Have you missed the repetition of Ruth's Dad and Tyler's friendship with Amy Winehouse?
Original post by Mess.
6 hours is just pathetic. If it is a 'live' show, it should be filmed in basically a continuous manner although I understand setting the sets up takes a little bit of time but X Factor still manages this with an actual live show as opposed to a pre-recorded nonsense.

The show really does drag. It is an incredible effort watching it :sigh:

Sorry if this sounds blunt but if you find something an effort to watch then why do you watch it?:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest