The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

The Old Fire Station 2012/2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by anmaclean
I'm slowly but surely packing my room up into boxes and things, but I haven't had much time recently because of exams. I think it'll sink in more after prom because that'll be me properly finished with school for good. What about you, are you sorted? Is that you just left school as well? :smile:

Edit: my twitter is @alison_maclean (inventive, I know) if you'd rather chat on there. :smile:

I am feeling the same really. My last exam is on the 6th of June so it won't have settled in for me until then. I am pretty much sorted, I have a few more things to pick up and that should be me. It is and I am very glad that I have finished. I will follow you on twitter then as it would be much easier to speak on there :smile:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 61
Original post by anmaclean
I'm slowly but surely packing my room up into boxes and things, but I haven't had much time recently because of exams. I think it'll sink in more after prom because that'll be me properly finished with school for good. What about you, are you sorted? Is that you just left school as well? :smile:

Edit: my twitter is @alison_maclean (inventive, I know) if you'd rather chat on there. :smile:

Hey i have twitter too so if you want to follow me you can :biggrin: (helps boost up my followers :P) But we are moving same place anyway but i shall be in room 264J :smile:! My twitter is @Jaymai just tweet me if you want and follow ofcourse :wink: :P
Reply 62
Original post by Jaymai
Hey i have twitter too so if you want to follow me you can :biggrin: (helps boost up my followers :P) But we are moving same place anyway but i shall be in room 264J :smile:! My twitter is @Jaymai just tweet me if you want and follow ofcourse :wink: :P

I think I followed you :smile: I'm in 266L room 4!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by CoralGray
That is quite close to Aberdeen :smile: I don't have Facebook unfortunately but I do tweet if you have twitter? I was actually thinking of starting a new facebook as it is easier to speak to people on it :smile: and yeah this is quite a hassle haha

Fair enough :smile: You should start Facebook :smile: Its a lot easier :P Seems to be where everyone is hahaa but yeah Im on twitter its Linseybee :P
Reply 64
Original post by linseybee101
Fair enough :smile: You should start Facebook :smile: Its a lot easier :P Seems to be where everyone is hahaa but yeah Im on twitter its Linseybee :P

I followed you :smile: and yeah, I used to have it but I preferred twitter but I may as well get back into it :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 65
I think you will be in the flat next to me. I'm in 266L :smile:

Well it seems you will be my neighbour too haha! Me and linsey are in the same flat :smile: xxxxx

Reply 66
Original post by kdtough81
Well it seems you will be my neighbour too haha! Me and linsey are in the same flat :smile: xxxxx

Yaaay! That's really good :smile: are you moving in early as well or? Xxxxx

Original post by catm1
I have never heard anyone from surrounding rooms.

Lies!
Reply 68
Yaaay! That's really good :smile: are you moving in early as well or? Xxxxx

I'm moving in on the 8th September :smile: when are you moving in? Xxxxxxx

Reply 69
Original post by kdtough81
I'm moving in on the 8th September :smile: when are you moving in? Xxxxxxx

I'm moving in on the 17th of August because I'm going to college so I think it starts much earlier :smile: are you all ready to go now :smile:?xxxxxxx

Reply 70
Ah right I see! I don't start uni till mid September which is why mines will be different then :smile: yeah I'm all ready to go now I'm really excited! Sorted out a transfer for work aswell and just waiting to hear back from saas :smile: what about you? xxxxxxxx

Reply 71
Anyone confused about the payment schedule for this? It doesn't fit in with my student loan which i have just realised so don't know how i am able to pay for it on the payment dates??

Anyone else got this problem?
Reply 72
Original post by xperty
Anyone confused about the payment schedule for this? It doesn't fit in with my student loan which i have just realised so don't know how i am able to pay for it on the payment dates??

Anyone else got this problem?

They're quite good with giving extensions on payment (or at least, are at Mealmarket). I presume you're paying month by month? Ask the old fire station reception if you can move the payment date or delay payment until the 8th (the day after SAAS)
Reply 73
Original post by Flapadar
They're quite good with giving extensions on payment (or at least, are at Mealmarket). I presume you're paying month by month? Ask the old fire station reception if you can move the payment date or delay payment until the 8th (the day after SAAS)

Yeah the problem is that they are asking of 8 Payments of £650 instead of monthly payments of like the £480 it amounts too.. My saas won't cover the £650 installments. Is there any other options for this ?
Reply 74
Hey,

Just found this thread and thought I'd say hey :biggrin:. Am moving into the old fire station in September sometime as a first year.. Eek! Will find out what room I'm staying in when I find the email !
Reply 75
Original post by xperty
Yeah the problem is that they are asking of 8 Payments of £650 instead of monthly payments of like the £480 it amounts too.. My saas won't cover the £650 installments. Is there any other options for this ?

I'm not sure if the old fire station do this too, but mealmarket can offer monthly payments (there's a ~£50 or something charge for it though)

Ask the old fire station staff about it and I'm sure you'll get it all worked out.
Reply 76
I'm in flat 266C. Anyone near?
Reply 77
Hey, im staying in 264H room 5. Anyone else nearby?
Reply 78
Original post by tayhammond
Hey,

Just found this thread and thought I'd say hey :biggrin:. Am moving into the old fire station in September sometime as a first year.. Eek! Will find out what room I'm staying in when I find the email !

It should say it if you login to the unite website and look at your booking :smile: xxxxxx
Reply 79
Original post by Flapadar
I'm not sure if the old fire station do this too, but mealmarket can offer monthly payments (there's a ~£50 or something charge for it though)

Ask the old fire station staff about it and I'm sure you'll get it all worked out.

remember though that saas only pays over 8 months which is why the old fire station make you pay over 8 months. so then over the other 4 you wont have to pay but if you do it month to month you will have to pay over the summer too, which then means you'll have to use your own money anyway xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending