The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath accommodation thread 2012-2013. Poll included (woodland added)!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by dan_oufc
Is this for PS3/Xbox capabilities? As I'm debating whether its worth bringing mine. I've seen people talk about the monitors but my understanding is its simply a pc monitor, although I've seen you can get a tv license for it, so confusing....

I would have thought a HDMI port would be unlikely, although thats not to say there aren't ways of getting round that...

Anyone?

I'd put money on it just being a 4:3 VGA black dell monitor haha, though you can get connectors to plug a tv or ps3 etc into it, just a little complicated with the sound.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Do we need to pay our first instalment for accommodation on the 22nd?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
omg why have bath left it so late to tell me where I am living :|
Reply 903
Original post by Bald Sparrow
Do we need to pay our first instalment for accommodation on the 22nd?

No, I believe the first installment is taken (direct debit) on 10/10.
Reply 904
Eesh, what do people do who's student loans haven't come in by that point? A grand+ is a lot to pay in chunk.
Reply 905
Original post by croag
Eesh, what do people do who's student loans haven't come in by that point? A grand+ is a lot to pay in chunk.

The student loan people say that the first loan is due to us on 24/09 so plenty of time for them to pay us late before accommodation money gets taken!
Reply 906
Original post by RebeccaLydia
omg why have bath left it so late to tell me where I am living :|

You're not alone. I'm starting to get worried now :/
Reply 907
Yeah student accommodation loans are paid out before they need to collect the fees. And for those who haven't heard from accommodation shouldn't you drop bath an email to general enquiries, so you can at least put your mind to rest http://www.bath.ac.uk/accommodation/contactus/office-enquiry/
Is this for PS3/Xbox capabilities? As I'm debating whether its worth bringing mine. I've seen people talk about the monitors but my understanding is its simply a pc monitor, although I've seen you can get a tv license for it, so confusing....

I would have thought a HDMI port would be unlikely, although thats not to say there aren't ways of getting round that...

Anyone?

It's a VGA port. Can't remember if it has a HDMI port too, but I'm 90% sure it doesn't.

The tv is some software that you download free and can login in to using your bath email account. You get a piece of paper with it all explained.

Reply 909
Original post by Quadratic
It's a VGA port. Can't remember if it has a HDMI port too, but I'm 90% sure it doesn't.

The tv is some software that you download free and can login in to using your bath email account. You get a piece of paper with it all explained.

Thanks! This is the insider knowledge i needed to hear :biggrin:
Finally got accommodation!!! Thank god I'm not homeless. :banana:

Haven't got an e-mail yet, but checked the accommodation portal and there it was.

Westwood, Wolfson L4.04

Anyone nearby or know what the rooms are like?? And I don't suppose there's anyone in Marlborough, Solsbury or Woodland that wants to swap?? :colone:
Reply 911
Still awaiting mine. Apparently today is the day we should find out.
My accommodation says the first payment is on the 22nd sep. looks like im going to be 2 days late.

Just checked the portal, ive been allocated to Westwood :/ eventhough i applied to marl/sols :frown: whats westwood like people?

Also we cant swap can we?
(edited 11 years ago)
I've been put in westwood as well, and applied to marlborough/sols :frown:
Same question as above
Reply 915
Original post by Bald Sparrow
My accommodation says the first payment is on the 22nd sep. looks like im going to be 2 days late.

That can't be right? Thats when we move in....
Reply 916
Original post by Quadratic

So no HD gaming then? :frown:
Reply 917
So no HD gaming then? :frown:

Don't worry, there will be in my room...providing I get allocated. I should be able to convince my Mum that it is a good idea to take my TV. If so, you are welcome to join me!
is all of westwood the same? are there like nicer bits? also for current students did you have to queue for showers?
Reply 919
Original post by Bantersaurus Rexx
Just checked the portal, ive been allocated to Westwood :/ eventhough i applied to marl/sols :frown: whats westwood like people?

Original post by redneck7794
I've been put in westwood as well, and applied to marlborough/sols :frown:
Same question as above

From what I understand, the only main difference between Marl/Sols and Westwood is the en-suite, I'm not sure if you got a monitor in Marl/Sols as it isn't listed on Baths website but students in Westwood do. You also get the luxury of a wash-hand basin!! Other than that I think Westwood is more social as there is a larger student to kitchen/bathroom ratio and apparently there are more houseparties in Westwood but I guess that depends on if we have party personalities in our accommodation!

Some people were worrying about the cleanliness/crowded-ness of Westwood, but apparently kitchens/bathrooms get cleaned once every two weeks and you rarely have to wait to use the showers etc. @Quadratic is probably the best person to fire questions at as I'm only writing this from what I've seen on the Bath website and heard from ex-Westwood people on here! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest